PDA

View Full Version : My frist Dinning Question!

ILOVEDISNEY07
10-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Heyy there,

So i havent been to disney in a while and we wanted to do some character dinning. I wanted to go to the Contemporary Resort for Breakfast. Is that still a good place to go??

Also we wanted to check out the Cinderella Royal table for Breakfast or dinner. How does that work and is is good?? :blush:

Thanks!!!

PlutoLover
10-22-2007, 06:02 PM
:welcome:

To Intercot

So I can't speak about breakfast at CR but I went to CRT Sept '06. I made an ADR for my family of 7 for dinner on our first night. I had to hold the reservation with a credit card and we were on the dining plan so it was 2 TS credits. The reason we finally dined in the castle after all these years was because it came highly recommended and what a cool experience to be in the castle. Well I have to say I was extremely disappointed. I thought the food was OK (actually I felt that way about most of the food in Disney last trip) and the atmostphere also in my opinion was just OK. I know this is Disney but it was really loud and a ton of kids and needed to be picked up. I guess for 2 credits, having to use a credit card to hold and being in the castle I expected more of a filet mignon, elegant type experience and IMO it was far from that.

I'm sure many will come along and disagree as I have read people raving about it but for me I would never waste my $ or 2 credits again. Once in my life was enough :)

AbeeNormal
10-22-2007, 06:26 PM
:welcome: I lovedisney07

I wish I could help but I haven't been yet. :mickey:We are going in Jan. and will be dining at the Royal Table the 1st night. Please get more opinions before deciding.:) You will hear both good and bad and it's your decision, I'm going more for the experience than the food. :D

I hope you love Intercot as much as I do. :cloud9:

jillluvsdisney
10-22-2007, 07:06 PM
I was not impressed with Chef Mickey's. My Dad and I were all but ignored by the characters. I didn't think the food was too good either. The Crystal Palace is much nicer for breakfast.

Cinderella's. You are paying for the atmosphere. You can get a much better meal for the same price at many other places like Artist Point or California Grill.

kathiep
10-22-2007, 07:07 PM
We just did both of those in Sept.

Loved, loved, loved Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Definately recommend this one. Great characters, we saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. All of them came to our table - we didn't feel rushed and felt the characters spent a decent amount of time with each table. But, we also didn't feel like we were waiting forever for the character visits.
Loved the breakfast buffet.

As for CRT - dinner - we enojoyed it. Sure the food wasn't spectacular; it was really just OK. But there is something about being inside the castle. It didn't hurt that our table was at a window with a fantastic view of fantasy land. It will be crowded and certainly not quiet or romantic. We did this mostly for our DD but the whole family had a nice, memorable evening.l

Maleficent's Dad
10-22-2007, 07:16 PM
:hi: Welcome to Intercot - we hope you like it here!

Chef Mickey's is at the CR. For breakfast it is a decent experience, but not our cup of tea. It is loud - very loud for a b'fast - and you'll see Mickey and Minnie running (yes, running) across the room at times. Very hyper, but very popular as well.

CRT is a nice experience as well. They've changed the format over the years and b'fast here is amongst the most popular meals in all of WDW.

So note: Make ressies very early - at 180 days out at 7:00 AM EST!

Good luck! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
10-22-2007, 07:16 PM
I can't comment on Cinderella's Royal Table, but I can tell you my experience at Chef Mickey's for breakfast was GREAT!

If you can swing it (I don't know what your plans are of if you have a family of early risers) I highly recommend an ADR time between 7 and 8am. I was there in March, usually a crowded time, and it felt like we had the place to ourselves. Being the first group in the buffet food was nice and fresh, and we were seated overlooking the Magic Kingdom and had a beautiful view of sunrise over the castle. The character interaction was great, it was just my friend and I with no kids but we didn't feel rushed at all. We planned this meal on our Magic Kingdom day and being at the Contemporary is so convenient. You can walk over after breakfast in time to see the opening ceremony!

wendy*darling
10-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Chef Mickey's is at the Contemporary and serves breakfast and dinner with Mickey and Friends. It is a good meal with fun interaction.

One of our favorites is Crystal Palace, in the MK. They serve breakfast , lunch and dinner with Pooh and the gang.

In my opinion, Cinderella's Royal Table is overpriced. But if you have little princesses with you- it may be worth the money to see them enjoy this interaction.
You can also find princesses at Norway's Princess Storybook Breakfast (and lunch & dinner). and the Grand Floridian's 1900 Park Fare has Cinderella's Gala Feat with Cindy, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters.

For a complete list of character Dining, check InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/characters/charactermeals.asp)here on INTERCOT.

ILOVEDISNEY07
10-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks everyone for their advice!!!...This is a great site and its very help ful!....more replies are welcome!!:mickey:

ElenitaB
10-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Chef Mickey's is not my cup of tea... I'd much prefer to spend time with Mickey over at Garden Grill in Epcot or maybe even try the new character breakfast in Animal Kingdom's Tusker House.

As for dining in the Castle, we've had both breakfast and lunch there and we do prefer breakfast. It's not an easy ADR to make though, so as Maleficient's Dad says, call 180 days prior and at 7:00 AM EST sharp.

Welcome to INTERCOT and enjoy your trip (and planning too).

IloveDisney71
10-22-2007, 10:01 PM
We've done Chef Mickey's and The CP for b-fast. We preferred the food at CP. It just tasted better and offered more of what we prefer to eat.
We also eat at the Liberty Tree Tavern on every trip. The food is "home-style" (Think Thanksgiving dinner) which is right up my family's alley. The characters there are: Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale.