PDA

View Full Version : AKL construction

princessM0m
10-22-2007, 03:17 PM
In what area (which trail) of the AKL is construction going on in now? I am leaving in 11 days and I have booked a Savannah room as a treat for my DD's birthday.

Figment!
10-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Only completion dates were listed on the original construction schedule, but based off of that, it is likely Kudu Trail will still be under construction in 11 days.

It was scheduled for completion in December 2007 and the next set (Lobby, Ostrich and Giraffe) is not scheduled for completion till May 2008.

Keep in mind that construction is only on the 5th and 6th floors of the trails and is not being conducted during normal sleeping hours.

BugeyedMuggy
10-22-2007, 06:19 PM
We were there in Sept (end) and were very worried about construction. The inside construction we never heard or saw besides if you look up there was some black curtians. As far as outside we saw a crane in the distance. I believe they said the resort was only half full leading me to believe they were keeping people away from the outside construction. You pay for a savana view so I would imagine they would not sell you a room with a view of a crane. We loved the resort and hope you have a great trip.