PDA

View Full Version : Calling all MVMCP vets...

jpH/keD
10-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi! Ok so if we are going for the first time on 11/16 to MVMCP. Who has the perfect schedule to SEE IT ALL??? Which shows do you see and when? And do you have enough time to do any of the dance parties? My DD6 will go crazy when she finds out she can dance w/ the characters! But I also want to do the snow on Main St. do the cookies and goodies and see it all?? I dont care about riding the rides. I just want to maximize the party events....Am I crazy or can it be done?? TIA for any info!! :deer::santa3::snowman:

Matt's Dad
10-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Only did MVMCP one time ... but here's what I would advise:

When planning, figure what you really want to see, and what are "anytime filler" events. For instance, you mentioned 2 anytime events that should not be worried about:
1) Snow on mainstreet: you walk in on mainstreet, you walk out on mainstreet .... you will see the Snow. Dont worry. We stayed till closing (and then some) and it was nice to see on the way out of the Park ... a little less crowded, nice wind down.
2) Cookies and Cocoa: These were served in 4 or 6 locations or so ... beginning of the night there were lines .... but they serve all night long ... and there are only sooo many cookies any one person can eat ... so by 9:00 or so there were no lines at all.

Other thoughts:
the Night Before Christmas show in tommorrow land looked much nicer than it sounded on the brochure. Only saw part of it ... but it looked really GREAT. Wish we would have seen the entire show.

The dance parties did not impress as much. These went on most of the night, did not draw huge crowds, and could be walked into anytime ... so I wouldn't schedule these as much as just drop by when you can.

Fireworks: TOTALLY ROCKED. Also, we had a smaller crowd, so we showed up in front of the Castle 10 minutes before the started, found a good spot, and saw one of the most awsome firework displays ever ... with the castle in the background the way they were intended to be viewed. I have seen fireworks from other angles, but from right in front of the castle .... it is just sooo coool to see the symetry, the patterns, see it the way it was meant to be seen.

Parades: Runs twice a night, crowds were not a problem. I am never a big fan of waiting on mainstreet for the parade .... instead we went to frontierland, 10 minutes before parade time, got front row locations and watched. Awesome parade ... longer, better, more interactions. The other nice part is once the parade passes you, you can double back and hit the rest of the park while 50% of the people are still sitting on mainstreet waiting for the parade to pass (NO LINES ON THE RIDES).

I wasn't sure if the event would be worth the extra money .... but I was just talking yesterday with my wife about it ... and we both think that going was a great decision ... some of our best family memories.

We did all that, and hit a lot of rides a lot of times. I think you should be able to most of what you want, if not all, with no problems. Enjoy ... and I am jealous.

Hayden's Dad
10-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the run down we will be ther Nov 27th and I am like most people here :D a planning nut.

Aggie97
10-22-2007, 07:04 PM
We've been to MVMCP a couple of times and have had a great time! We are going again this year. :santa3:

We really liked the Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas show in Tomorrowland. We did the first show of the night, and needed to get there 40-45 minutes early to get a seat (toward the middle-back of the theatre). We'll definitely do this again this year.

The carolers in Liberty Square, by the riverboat dock, were excellent too. They were taking requests from the crowd. We listened while enjoying cookies and hot chocolate.

We were surprised at how many people left the park right after the first parade. It really cleared out!

The fireworks are AMAZING - definitely our favorite thing about MVMCP. We were able to get a perfect spot right in front of the castle maybe 10 minutes before they started.

Be sure to watch the second parade for lower crowds. The parade is great - and I think it's been updated this year. We usually like to watch parades from Liberty Square so that we don't have to line up more than about 10 minutes in advance.

It snowed on Main Street intermittantly throughout the night. (Don't get any snow on your tongue - it tastes very soapy! :))

Toward the end of the night (after 11), we had pictures taken with Santa Goofy at the top end of Main Street, and with Donald, as well as Belle & the Beast, at Donald's Christmas Tree Farm in Fantasyland. There were no lines at the end of the night. We also got some great Photopass pictures on Main Street and in front of the castle at the end of the night (no people walking behind us!).

We were able to ride a lot of rides, too - more than I was expecting. Especially as the night wore on, the lines were very short or nonexistant.

I think we caught a few minutes of the castle forecourt show; it wasn't anything I'd go out of my way to watch. We didn't do any of the dance parties. (We don't have kids yet, so I have no perspective on how these two things would be for your DD. :))

Have a great time!! :mickey: