PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

jennsky
10-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Question....I am staying at the Poly with my husband and 1 year old daughter in May. She will be a month shy of being two. Will she enjoy this dinner show? Do we have to pay the $25.99 child fee for her or is she free because she's under two?? I went to this show almost 15 years ago....what's it like these days? Should I go all out and get the category 1 (good) seats? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!! :number1:

lauralemm
10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
First time we went with my inlaws, they had a 2.5 yr old and we had a 3 year old. Both really did not handle the pre-seating waiting well at ALL (nothing at all for them to see or do once the novelty of the tropical setting wore off) and they were asleep within minutes of getting their food. We had seats towards the back and the kids could see absolutely nothing.

Tried it again with daughter when 4. She did much better with the waiting, was really into the theatre and we had front row seats! YAY!
She still fell asleep about 15 minutes into the show.

I will say that part of our problem has been scheduling. Both times the dinner show was on a day when we had early breakfast ADRs and she didn't nap. It was also towards the end of the week so there was more cumulative tiredness.

We are trying it again this spring (she LOVES luau theme stuff) but we are going to plan to go to the earlier seating, and not have any other ADRs that day. Hopefully that won't be the one and only am we can get Cinderella's table, at 8 am!

I really think that with the show format that we saw (first half is a mini-musical with talking and acting, second half is a straight up hula dance performance) that the whole thing will possibly go right over a 2 yr old's head. If they started with the dancing, that would be better for the tiny ones, I think. It will end up being more for you than for her.