PDA

View Full Version : Getting my thyroid u/s tomorrow

murphy1
10-22-2007, 02:36 PM
You guys were so great to me six months ago. This nodule is getting looked at again tomorrow by u/s. I am praying to God it shrunk and no cancer or abnormalities and we don't have to do a biopsy and I get three more years of not worrying about u/s. I don't want to go through that surgery anymore. It went by so fast, I'm trying not to be nervous, but my dr. just looks at the thing for ten minutes and scares me, he's so quiet. I know he's supposed to be, but it drives me nuts. I get to head for Disney after it's over, so I'm trying to focus on that. I had no idea it was going to all be the same day, but I think that's a good thing right now :mickey:

NJBelle
10-22-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm praying that everything will be normal! Sending :pixie: too!

offwego
10-22-2007, 03:27 PM
So sorry your stressed over this. Good luck and pixie dust that it works out as you want it to.

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Sending you some :pixie::pixie::pixie: to help you through and keep you calm until you go... I sure hope everything turns out fine. I can totally understand how the waiting drives you crazy... just keep focused on that trip!! :mickey:

prprincess
10-22-2007, 07:24 PM
How did I miss your original post on this? Sounds like you may have something similar to what I have.

My family doctor found my euthyroid cyst back in 1992. I've had it aspirated twice, and thankfully, it was non-cancerous. Part of it is still in my thyroid, but I've been on medication ever since, and will be for the rest of my life, to keep it from growing again. So from someone who's been there--you'll be fine!! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Terra
10-22-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm late seeing this...Please update us when you can Sheri!!
My thoughts/prayers are with you!!

bucky at disney
10-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Prayers and :pixie: that things go ok.

Beast_fanatic
10-22-2007, 11:10 PM
:pixie: on the way! Be sure to let us know the results when you can!

kakn7294
10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
:pixie: for a good result on that scan and more :pixie: for a great trip! I'm looking forward to the reports when you get back!

Mousefever
10-23-2007, 12:53 AM
I hope you get the best news possible. You are in my prayers.

Amy

:dory:

murphy1
10-23-2007, 12:08 PM
I just got back and am getting out of here, but I'm a little concerned, I don't know, if one you great nurses could help me, I would appreciate it. They did the u/s and he came in and told me it hadn't changed, but it's not on my thyroid, it's in my lymph node.! It's a little over 2 sonometers. He said it looked okay, but now he wants to do another u/s in six more months and he is doing it instead of the tech, which means he might biopsy it, he just doesn't like the fact that it hasn't shrunk or gone away. Should I be worried? He is great b/c he understands after what I went through ten years ago that I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop, he apologizes for dragging this out, but there's nothing to do really I guess. I'm leaving now and just not going to worry about this right now, I just want to get my butt on Space Mtn right now, LOL. I'm just tired of all this stuff. Those of you that don't have to go to the dr. other than normal stuff, feel very blessed!

Thanks for your well wishes. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

ElenitaB
10-23-2007, 02:16 PM
I can totally understand your frustration. It does sound like you have a doctor who is being thoughtful, thorough and cautious in his approach, in sum, not a bad thing!

Be encouraged that there is no growth (in my world, "stable" is a good thing) and go and enjoy your trip!

My only advice: soak in the Disney magic and get a good dusting of Tink's pixie dust! Our favorite spot to do that is being in her path in the Rose Garden during Wishes!

prprincess
10-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Be encouraged that there is no growth (in my world, "stable" is a good thing) and go and enjoy your trip!

My only advice: soak in the Disney magic and get a good dusting of Tink's pixie dust! Our favorite spot to do that is being in her path in the Rose Garden during Wishes!I totally agree! Go and have an amazing time on your trip, and don't even fret a bit!

murphy1
10-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks so much, yes, the Disney trip helped a lot!! Ellen, you and John have been such an inspiration to me, I like the word stable, I'll take it:mickey: