PDA

View Full Version : Selling at one resort to buy at another?

BluegrassDaisy
10-22-2007, 02:04 PM
This may seem a strange question, but has anyone every sold their ownership at their original resort in order to buy at another? Can you give me the pros/cons? Thanks!

DVC Mike
10-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Yes, people have done that.

The only issue I would be concerned about is if you would be loosing money on such a transaction. If you've had the contract you are selling for some time, that won't be an issue. But if you bought into SSR, for example, and decided you didn't like it and wanted to buy into another resort, then you will probably loose some money in such a transaction.

BluegrassDaisy
10-22-2007, 03:44 PM
That's what I figured - but after 1 stay at the Beach Club - I was in love! I have only been able to stay there once when trying at the 7 month window, so I am seriously thinking of trying to sell my SSR and buy back via a resale at BCV.

Simba's Mom
10-23-2007, 06:36 PM
This may seem a strange question, but has anyone every sold their ownership at their original resort in order to buy at another? Can you give me the pros/cons? Thanks!

Yup, we did it. After staying at OKW the first time, DH decided he didn't want to stay anywhere else, so the VWL points went up for sale. Actually, we bought at OKW before we sold VWL because there was no way I was going to spend even one day without owning DVC. I'm not sure if it was the best decision financially (I didn't dare do the math!). However, DH really loved OKW and wanted to be able to say "I'm an OKW owner". And since the yearly dues are lower, we were able to buy more points than we sold. Sort of like an add-on in the process.