PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Giving Thanks for Inquisitive Friends

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

drummerboy
10-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Thought we'd make it through Hallowe'en, but we're all just too yakky. We didn't change locale or era, so no need to climb on the old RV this time. Just a quick stop to say I'm glad I found I'cot and how much I enjoy trading insanities with the JQ bunch. :thumbsup::cool:

So, who brought lunch?

pogo
10-22-2007, 01:37 PM
:hi: Ken...... are you starting to appreciate all of us now ? Are you going through something that you need to talk about ? :confused:

We are blessed with the friendships formed on Intercot AND in "JQ".:grouphug: Yes.... even you Alex. Did I say that ????? Yikes !:bolt:

Nothing for lunch today.... got to go to a meeting. :sadwave: Bye.

ElenitaB
10-22-2007, 01:48 PM
"Inquisitive"? Are you calling us nosy? :fresh:

Being as the new thread is starting smack between the Canadian and US Thanksgiving holidays, I'll definitely include my thanks for a great bunch of friends that I've made through INTERCOT and particularly this great JQ bunch.

Mikki, Andrew and Figaro are returning to the UK today, so here's some :pixie: for a safe, uneventful flight home.

Lunch was a salad, a (small) chicken burrito and a cafe au lait (made with that great Cafe du Monde coffee) in a Starbucks mug. Yum!

Oh, I picked up my new glasses yesterday (Jenn forgot to do the Occulus Reparum spell for me at the Meet). Do you like them? It's so nice to not have tape in my field of vision!

alpro2
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
It is too nice a day to stay indoors. I'm going out. Who's with me?

offwego
10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
So, who brought lunch? ham and cheddar on whole wheat will that work? And we appreciate you too Ken!

:Nothing for lunch today.... got to go to a meeting. :sadwave: Bye. Have a good meeting! I'm working on year end stuff. Yuck!

"Being as the new thread is starting smack between the Canadian and US Thanksgiving holidays, I'll definitely include my thanks for a great bunch of friends that I've made through INTERCOT and particularly this great JQ bunch. What a neat idea! I'm still getting used to the whole so close to a border that people take the day off thing.

Can we go shoe shopping? You have all the best stores!

drummerboy
10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
ham and cheddar on whole wheat will that work?
Beats the pb&j I had. Anybody want to ride with me to Myrtle Beach tonight? Gotta go rescue DW.

BriarRose0708
10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Thought we'd make it through Hallowe'en, but we're all just too yakky. We didn't change locale or era, so no need to climb on the old RV this time. Just a quick stop to say I'm glad I found I'cot and how much I enjoy trading insanities with the JQ bunch. :thumbsup::cool:

So, who brought lunch?
And we appreciate you, Ken! I wasn't a bringer today, I ran to the deli and got a chicken wrap.

Mikki, Andrew and Figaro are returning to the UK today, so here's some :pixie: for a safe, uneventful flight home.

Safe journey back home Figaro and humans!

Does anyone else have a case of the Mondays today?

disneydrmr
10-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Just a quick stop to say I'm glad I found I'cot and how much I enjoy trading insanities with the JQ bunch.
So, who brought lunch?

Aww shucks... you really do like us, you really really do!

I have some left over baby carrots with fat free ranch dip if you want them. I had a ham and swiss on rye with some of the carrots/dip, and also a package of apple slices.

We are blessed with the friendships formed on Intercot AND in "JQ".:grouphug: Yes.... even you Alex. Did I say that ????? Yikes !:bolt:

Wow! I think you hung around and breathed in just a bit too much of the hot air from those balloons...

Oh, I picked up my new glasses yesterday (Jenn forgot to do the Occulus Reparum spell for me at the Meet). Do you like them? It's so nice to not have tape in my field of vision!

Safe trip wishes to Figaro, Mikki and Andrew!

And Ellen - you look FAB! with those new glasses!

Going out sounds like fun... where are you going?

Can we go shoe shopping? You have all the best stores!

I was shoe shopping most of the weekend. All I want/need is a simple pair of grey FLATS! Can't find them anywhere.... I thought grey was the new black? Or something like that...

Beats the pb&j I had. Anybody want to ride with me to Myrtle Beach tonight? Gotta go rescue DW.

Me! Me! Me! I'll go! I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in years! There was this AWESOME Italian restaurant we ate at... served like 8 courses or something in the meal.. can't remember the name though....

Does anyone else have a case of the Mondays today?

I've had a case of the Mondays since last Monday... any idea of a cure?

offwego
10-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Sure isn't that the most popular spot for Cdn's down that way? I can help you fit in.

!

Does anyone else have a case of the Mondays today? Oh my word yes!

offwego
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I was shoe shopping most of the weekend. All I want/need is a simple pair of grey FLATS! Can't find them anywhere.... I thought grey was the new black? Or something like that...

It is but it's all about texture and metalics this year. (not to mention aside from a ballet style flat not so much).

It's either tweedy/suede/metalic or patent..not so much plain. Honestly for plainish shoes your often better off on line since they may carry overstock from other years as well. Sorry was that more then you wanted to know?

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Thought we'd make it through Hallowe'en, but we're all just too yakky. We didn't change locale or era, so no need to climb on the old RV this time. Just a quick stop to say I'm glad I found I'cot and how much I enjoy trading insanities with the JQ bunch.

So, who brought lunch?
Insanities?? Are you trying to tell us something??? :D
Sorry, but I was a "goer-outer" for lunch... met Dan at Panera for a portabello/carmelized onions and ??? panini and a fuji apple/gorgonzola cheese/walnuts/dried cherries and onion salad -- have no idea the real name of these things, but let me tell you -- they were yummmmm!!

Pogo???? Is that you?? Are you feeling okay??

Being as the new thread is starting smack between the Canadian and US Thanksgiving holidays, I'll definitely include my thanks for a great bunch of friends that I've made through INTERCOT and particularly this great JQ bunch.

You look great, my friend!! And I barely noticed the tape when we met...

I'll ditto what Ellen said -- I've always been glad I found I'cot, but jumping into this thread in the spring was the best thing I've done on here since. You guys are the greatest!!

I just came in from being out -- what a GLORIOUS day!! Looks like things plummet into the tank later this week -- glad we got some good ones the past few days!!! :cloud9:

Hmmm.... could a trip to Disneyland maybe do the trick?? :joy:

Jared
10-22-2007, 04:12 PM
So what did I miss today? I've been a step behind just about everything. Somehow, this day has felt like a week and nothing particularly good or bad has happened.

Ellen, want to design a personal logo using my name? I know how much you want to take graphics.

I'm sending some pixie dust straight into the air for Mikki, Andrew and Figaro.

:)

disneydrmr
10-22-2007, 04:14 PM
It is but it's all about texture and metalics this year. (not to mention aside from a ballet style flat not so much).

It's either tweedy/suede/metalic or patent..not so much plain. Honestly for plainish shoes your often better off on line since they may carry overstock from other years as well. Sorry was that more then you wanted to know?

No, that was some good info, not very helpful though as I still need to find some plain grey flats (and ballet style works for me.. I have a pair of plain black ballet style flats that I LOVE! - so very comfy!) Guess I go more for comfort than style...

Insanities?? Are you trying to tell us something??? :D
Sorry, but I was a "goer-outer" for lunch... met Dan at Panera for a portabello/carmelized onions and ??? panini and a fuji apple/gorgonzola cheese/walnuts/dried cherries and onion salad -- have no idea the real name of these things, but let me tell you -- they were yummmmm!!

That does sound good! I've had bagels from Panera but have never had their sandwiches or other food offerings.. just might have to try them out now!

On the trip to Disneyland and if it will cure my Mondayness... I'll let you know in just about 9 days.. actually I won't be able to let you know until I get back so that would be in about 14 days or so...

Oh, since Ken closed the other thread.. I don't know if anyone saw.. but I wanted to thank all of you who were involved in sending me that very special post card! It came on a day when I really needed a smile! JQers are the BEST! and I too am so very thankful to have found this wonderful bunch!

Um, need a question... um, Where's the beef?

pogo
10-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Wow! I think you hung around and breathed in just a bit too much of the hot air from those balloons...
:drama:
Why are you picking on me ? Because I'm trying to be nice to Alex ? :confused: I feel sorry for Alex..... he's not as smart as me.... or as good looking as me.... and he doesn't have many friends..... just poor old Maria.... and she can't see very well..... so I thought I'd throw him that little bone...... and you blew it.. making fun of me..... and now I'm going to :cry::fit:

Sure....... Tuesdays !:thumbsup:

Pogo???? Is that you?? Are you feeling okay??
:nope:

Oh, since Ken closed the other thread.. I don't know if anyone saw.. but I wanted to thank all of you who were involved in sending me that very special post card! It came on a day when I really needed a smile! JQers are the BEST! and I too am so very thankful to have found this wonderful bunch!
You got a post card ?????? I didn't get a post card ! Hey Caroleh........ did you get a postcard ???? How about you Scott.... or Ken...Jasper.... did you get a post card ??? :shake:

Jared
10-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Why are we picking on Alex today? What did he do to you guys?

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't answer the second question.

disneydrmr
10-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Why are you picking on me ? Because I'm trying to be nice to Alex ? :confused: I feel sorry for Alex..... he's not as smart as me.... or as good looking as me.... and he doesn't have many friends..... just poor old Maria.... and she can't see very well..... so I thought I'd throw him that little bone...... and you blew it.. making fun of me..... and now I'm going to :cry::fit:

Wow, someone is a bit sensitive today... do you need a hug?

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't answer the second question.

We pick on Alex because he's there? If we didn't pick on him he'd think we didn't like him and throw a fit like another JQer that we all know (who shall remain nameless, but rumor has it he works with a duck) :D

offwego
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Not only did I not get a card..no one even wanted to see my photopass pictures...:(

[QUOTE=Jared;1454458]Why are we picking on Alex today? What did he do to you guys?

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't answer the second question. We all always pick on Alex..well at least most of the time. And he provided nicknames (mind you I'm ok with mine but Christine is not so fond of hers)

No, that was some good info, not very helpful though as I still need to find some plain grey flats (and ballet style works for me.. I have a pair of plain black ballet style flats that I LOVE! - so very comfy!) Guess I go more for comfort than style...Um, need a question... um, Where's the beef?
The beef might be in the sandwich no?

And glad I could help..hey if so many of you didn't aim at comfort my ultra trendy shoe habit would be so common it wouldn't be trendy. (today by the way I have my fave orange stiletto's on..so much fun!)

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 04:58 PM
We pick on Alex because he's there? If we didn't pick on him he'd think we didn't like him and throw a fit like another JQer that we all know (who shall remain nameless, but rumor has it he works with a duck) :D
:rotfl: :funny:
And I wasn't picking on Alex... it'll take me awhile to forget how much we enjoyed meeting he and Maria before I can truly pick on him. Of course, if he doesn't fly up to the Western/Central NY/Canada meet, I may have to start.... :D

Not only did I not get a card..no one even wanted to see my photopass pictures...:(

(today by the way I have my fave orange stiletto's on..so much fun!)
Now wait a minute -- I don't remember that being offered as an option!! I definitely want to see your photopass pictures!!! Just tell me how!!

.... and I have to ask... what are you wearing with your orange stiletto's???

offwego
10-22-2007, 05:03 PM
definitely[/U] want to see your photopass pictures!!! Just tell me how!!

.... and I have to ask... what are you wearing with your orange stiletto's???

I offered to send them to anyone who sent me a pm with an email address..since you can't link them.

And one wears a dropped hem small print plaid skirt (pencil style at waist detail is only around hemline) with brown, dark browtn and faint orange, a orange blazer in boiled wool with wide cuffs and princess seams and a plain white top (mind you I sometimes where a choc. brown one). The blazer and the shoes are a dead match...but the shoes are plain flat leather no sheen or other detail and only a two inch heel.

Do you not have a pair?

Christine
10-22-2007, 05:07 PM
THERE you guys are!

Ken, I meant to say earlier this morning that I am sorry about your mom. And I am glad to hear that your DW won't need surgery. For some reason, I thought she was having surgery too like Ellen did (guess we had a brain burp!)

Ellen, I'm glad your new glasses are in. I didn't notice any tape in WDW, but then again, I NEED glasses so badly! :search:

little al, I can't go outside and play today. It's raining and only 54 degrees.

Nat, I wanna see your photopass pics! How can I? Do you need my email address? Let me know!

Blythe, you and Dan should make lunch a weekly thing...that's cool. I would do the same with John, but I don't wanna! :D

Di and Deb, I am so happy your DL trip is almost here! Stay clear of those fires!

Nikki and Jared, I can't tell you how glad I am to see you on JQ nowadays. I so enjoyed meeting you!

Pogo, I like your cure for Mondays! :thumbsup:

Well, I better get. I have to start getting things together for Olivia's birthday party. (It's not THIS weekend, but the next). I can't believe my baby is going to be 8!!!

Have a good evening!

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
And one wears a dropped hem small print plaid skirt (pencil style at waist detail is only around hemline) with brown, dark browtn and faint orange, a orange blazer in boiled wool with wide cuffs and princess seams and a plain white top (mind you I sometimes where a choc. brown one). The blazer and the shoes are a dead match...but the shoes are plain flat leather no sheen or other detail and only a two inch heel.

Do you not have a pair?
Nope... but the outfit sounds awesome. I'd have to change professions to get clothes like that... I work in jammies. (Well, almost... :blush:)

THERE you guys are!

Well, I better get. I have to start getting things together for Olivia's birthday party. (It's not THIS weekend, but the next). I can't believe my baby is going to be 8!!!

Time flies, doesn't it??? When is Olivia's b'day?? Is it November? If so, she's sharing with T&G and I, as well as T&G's DD!! We'll have to do an online party!! :party:

Anyone else out there a November baby??

BriarRose0708
10-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Nikki and Jared, I can't tell you how glad I am to see you on JQ nowadays. I so enjoyed meeting you!

Right back at you Christine, I loved meeting you too! I'm glad to hear you've settled into the new house! How is it going? Do you have a theme for Olivia's party?

Natazu
10-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Zooping in to subscribe to the thread.
Did I miss anything?

Caroleh
10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
We are blessed with the friendships formed on Intercot AND in "JQ".:grouphug: Yes.... even you Alex. Did I say that ????? Yikes !

We all like Alex!!! If it wan't for him, we'd only have you. Buddy, to pick on!!! I do agree with you that we are blessed with the friends we have made here!!!

Why are you picking on me ? Because I'm trying to be nice to Alex ? :confused: I feel sorry for Alex..... he's not as smart as me.... or as good looking as me.... and he doesn't have many friends..... just poor old Maria.... and she can't see very well..... so I thought I'd throw him that little bone...... and you blew it.. making fun of me..... and now I'm going to
You got a post card ?????? I didn't get a post card ! Hey Caroleh........ did you get a postcard ???? How about you Scott.... or Ken...Jasper.... did you get a post card ??? :shake:

:funny:

Ummmmmm, I got a postcard from Jenn. :hide:

It's our job to pick on Alex..it takes the pressure off Pogo!!!

I had crackers for lunch. Does anyone want to share their's with me?

BriarRose0708
10-22-2007, 07:21 PM

What is "zooping?" is it a real word?

Nascfan
10-22-2007, 07:56 PM
So tell me, do you really think this thread has a prayer of making it to the American Thanksgiving? I mean really, I give it until the 2nd week of November, tops, before it gets too big and Ken has to make another one. ;)

I didn't get a postcard either. Guess I'll go sit in the corner with Pogo and Natalie and Ken and, who else?

I'm glad you asked! It's a cross between zooming in and dropping by, when you just have a moment to post. Zoom and drop, make zoop. Cool, huh? :)

pogo
10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Pogo, I like your cure for Mondays!

Every now and then I can come up with one ! :D

Did I miss anything?
You always do Jym. Did you say :hi: to Rachel for me ? If not, I'll have to start PMing her ! ;)

Ummmmmm, I got a postcard from Jenn. :hide:

Oh....... that postcard ! Me too. But I thought I was special ! :pout:

And pogo can take all the pressure.... no problem! :D

Zoop in...... Zoop out. :bolt:

Tink&Goofy
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Thought we'd make it through Hallowe'en, but we're all just too yakky.
Thats us! :blah::blah: As my DD says - "I just have alot to say!":yes:

I agree - what a beautiful fall day (finally!). The trees are gorgeous!

Most definitely!:D

Are you feeling left out?:D

What about Jared?

Beautiful day today (for a Monday!). Where did the weekend go???:confused:

Caroleh
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh....... that postcard ! Me too. But I thought I was special ! :pout:

And pogo can take all the pressure.... no problem! :D

But you are special!!! That's why I like picking on you!!!

Ummmm, we pick on Alex because we're suppose to respect our elders. Is that any better? :D

:secret: I think we need to walk on our tiptoes around Pogo today...he's a little sensitive!!

ElenitaB
10-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Ellen, want to design a personal logo using my name? I know how much you want to take graphics.
Sure, I'll do your homework assignment if you'll write my articles for me.

BTW, speaking of articles I was interviewed by the NY Times about my experience of facing a serious illness and surviving the workplace. The article should come out in the next month or two...I'll let you all know when it does.

As far as I know, Di got a postcard from STITCH :stitch: (we only helped) and considering how much y'all like to disparage his attraction, you shouldn't be complaining. :nono:

I'd like to see them! Did you make the offer while we were gone?

Nat, cover your eyes. Di, check out the new Crocs over at Amazon.com. The Prima and the Alice ballet flats are really cute. I also saw some cute gray ballet-type shoes on Chadwick's (I get some of my clothes there because I consider my present size to be "temporary" and don't want to :spend: a lot right now).

Time flies, doesn't it??? When is Olivia's b'day?? Is it November? If so, she's sharing with T&G and I, as well as T&G's DD!! We'll have to do an online party!! :party:

When exactly are your birthdays? Ben's birthday is on the 17th. I started looking at tickets to Wintuk, which is the show Cirque du Soleil is offering right now in NYC. I'm going to have to call the box office though (and it would be nice if my brother, Ben's godfather, would say yes or no to coming with us). And I think we'll be taking some of his friends from school to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It looks really interesting. Anyone want to come along? I'll buy the popcorn!

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 08:55 PM
BTW, speaking of articles I was interviewed by the NY Times about my experience of facing a serious illness and surviving the workplace. The article should come out in the next month or two...I'll let you all know when it does.

When exactly are your birthdays? Ben's birthday is on the 17th. I started looking at tickets to Wintuk, which is the show Cirque du Soleil is offering right now in NYC. I'm going to have to call the box office though (and it would be nice if my brother, Ben's godfather, would say yes or no to coming with us). And I think we'll be taking some of his friends from school to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It looks really interesting. Anyone want to come along? I'll buy the popcorn!
Ellen, that is SO cool!! Definitely be sure to tell us about it -- I'll not only read it, I'll buy it and keep it!! :thumbsup: (And then brag to everyone that I know someone famous.... :blush:)

My birthday is the 9th, and T&G's is the 10th, her DD is the 8th!! Pretty cool, huh? (And my mom's is the 6th, and my SIL's is the 21st!!) I'm thinking of taking my girls to see Mr. Magorium's... it looks pretty cool. Wish I could join you and Ben!

trackbarroness
10-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Would anyone be a bit surprised that I saw Stitch playing catch this morning right after rope drop? :cool: So why is it so humind down here? Besides being fl. :D
Did you miss me?
Do you suppose I've seen a few too many of the alien err I mean Stitch show? Lol

disneydeb
10-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Would anyone be a bit surprised that I saw Stitch playing catch this morning right after rope drop? :cool: So why is it so humind down here? Besides being fl. :D
Did you miss me?
Do you suppose I've seen a few too many of the alien err I mean Stitch show? Lol

I miss you Sandy as a matter of fact, I MISS EVERYONE! Is it possible to miss those you've not met yet? If it is I miss those onf you that didn't make the meet too! And I'm going to MISS the NY meet in November!:fit::angry::pout::bang::bang:****!

Jared
10-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Is it any more of a word than what you said to me the other day?

Are you feeling left out?:D
Maybe I am feeling a little left out! Why does Alex get all the fun?

Ellen, stop playing on Facebook and finish your article.

disneydeb
10-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Ellen, that is SO cool!! Definitely be sure to tell us about it -- I'll not only read it, I'll buy it and keep it!! :thumbsup: (And then brag to everyone that I know someone famous.... :blush:)

My birthday is the 9th, and T&G's is the 10th, her DD is the 8th!! Pretty cool, huh? (And my mom's is the 6th, and my SIL's is the 21st!!) I'm thinking of taking my girls to see Mr. Magorium's... it looks pretty cool. Wish I could join you and Ben!

DD Laura's is the 20th! My dad's was the 25th! We could celebrate forever! Or at least until the end of November!:party: Right?

mouseaddict
10-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Can I join in on this thread? Just trying to figure this all out!

BriarRose0708
10-22-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm glad you asked! It's a cross between zooming in and dropping by, when you just have a moment to post. Zoom and drop, make zoop. Cool, huh? :)
Thanks! I'm still new to this JQ business. Learn something new every day!

Zoop in...... Zoop out. :bolt:
You used my favorite smiley!

Please do! I'll cut it out and laminate it and stick it on my fridge. And then when people come over and ask me about it I'll say "I know her, I know her! And she's fantastic!!!"

Is it any more of a word than what you said to me the other day?

Um, I don't remember what I said to you the other day. I'm old, remember?

Ellen you're on facebook???? Facebook me! Nikki at SUNY Geneseo, you'll know me by my picture, it's with Goofy at LTT! You too, Jared. And anyone else!

Is everyone having a good evening?

pogo
10-22-2007, 09:58 PM

You sure can. But..... can you take a joke ? :confused:

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 10:00 PM
I miss you Sandy as a matter of fact, I MISS EVERYONE! Is it possible to miss those you've not met yet? If it is I miss those onf you that didn't make the meet too! And I'm going to MISS the NY meet in November!:fit::angry::pout::bang:****!
:( You'll be missed, too -- but rest assured you'll be thought of, talked about and toasted -- and then there'll be pics to share, too! :) So, it'll be just like you're there!!

DD Laura's is the 20th! My dad's was the 25th! We could celebrate forever! Or at least until the end of November! Right?
If you're my SIL, you find a way to continue the party... somehow, she manages a "half birthday" in June that I've never managed to put into effect... maybe w/ this year being "the big one", I'll change that... :blush:
That's so cool you have November b'days in your family, too... I think you just have to come up here!!
And that goes for you, too, T&G... isn't it the perfect excuse to visit somewhere new??? ;)

pogo
10-22-2007, 10:01 PM
You used my favorite smiley!

I'm old, remember?

Was it OK to use it ? If not... I'll edit my post and remove it. ;)

And if you're old...... have you ever met Ken.... our senior citizen ? :D

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Absolutely!! Welcome!! Did you bring cookies??? And don't even try to figure it all out, just jump on in... the guys here are too crazy to figure out -- but we girls?? We're fine... perfectly normal, slightly talkative maybe... :blush:

Jared
10-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Absolutely!! Welcome!! Did you bring cookies??? And don't even try to figure it all out, just jump on in... the guys here are too crazy to figure out -- but we girls?? We're fine... perfectly normal, slightly talkative maybe... :blush:
I think the word you're looking for is, "loquacious." Does anybody else know the derivative of that word?

Caroleh
10-22-2007, 10:09 PM

Just bring cookies, but you must hide them from Alex, he's worse then the cookie monster. One other rule..you MUST give Alex, Jared and Pogo a hard time...they need to feel loved!!!

We're fine... perfectly normal, slightly talkative maybe... :blush:

Us, talkative? Never!!! Oh, and don't forget, we're night owls!!!

disneydeb
10-22-2007, 10:12 PM
I think the word you're looking for is, "loquacious." Does anybody else know the derivative of that word?

From Latin loquacis, ‘talkative’, from loqui, ‘to speak’.

Was she looking for a word?:D

mouseaddict
10-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Of course I can take a joke...bring it on!
Carol...I grew up in the Oakville/Burlington area..not that I recognize my "small town" anymore!

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Carol...I grew up in the Oakville/Burlington area..not that I recognize my "small town" anymore!
Please, oh please guys, let me... :nono:
That, just so you know, is the "smilie" you will normally get from Rhonda (Beast_fanatic) for forgetting to ask a question... but you're new, so you're forgiven. ;) That's probably the biggest rule here - you must ask a question in your post, or be given a :nono: for forgetting. (Sometimes, I think people forget, just to get one!! :D)
Anyway - I just had to do it -- I've never been able to!! :blush:

So - now I need a question -- anybody have one???

pogo
10-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah ..... I got that one covered. :thumbsup:

It is from the word Loquate....... it means where it's at.... like..... I know I can Loquate you any time I want. OR...Locuacious could also be a location in the desert near an oasis...... location + oasis = loquacious. It just depends how you use it !:D

One other rule..you MUST give Alex, Jared and Pogo a hard time...they need to feel loved!!!

We do ? But I thought we were loved ! :(

Nice try Sis. :shake:

Jared
10-22-2007, 10:22 PM

Was she looking for a word?:D
There's a second part, but it's not appropriate for these boards.

Do I really need a question in every post?

Why does Rhonda always get to the wag the finger? Blythe, I'm glad you played cop for once!

pogo
10-22-2007, 10:27 PM

Well if you can take a joke...... where will you take Alex ?

That, just so you know, is the "smilie" you will normally get from Rhonda (Beast_fanatic) for forgetting to ask a question... but you're new, so you're forgiven. ;) That's probably the biggest rule here - you must ask a question in your post, or be given a :nono: for forgetting. (Sometimes, I think people forget, just to get one!! :D)
Ah come on now Blythe.... she is fresh mea.... ooops... I mean she is new. You shouldn't :nono: her on the first time. Well.... OK.... you can do it Neighbor. :D

Christine
10-22-2007, 10:29 PM
That's neat! Then they can interview you again when you're 100% recovered to tell your experience of surviving it all!

Nat, cover your eyes. Di, check out the new Crocs over at Amazon.com. The Prima and the Alice ballet flats are really cute.
Going to check these out in a minute!

When exactly are your birthdays?
Olivia's is Nov. 4. I am thinking of taking her to Bee Movie. I really think it should be funny with Jerry Seinfeld, but the previews do NOTHING for me?? :confused: :shrug:

Did you miss me?

Did you make it to any of the I-COT anniversary meets?

Absolutely! Welcome Michelle! I'm Christine.

Okay, what's Facebook? Is there a dunce smiley?

ElenitaB
10-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Bring questions and bring cookies! That's our only rules. :D

Gee, I would have thought it was derived from the same root as the Spanish loco. :crazy:

Why does Rhonda always get to the wag the finger? Blythe, I'm glad you played cop for once!
Because she's the FABULOUS Rhonda! Do we need to say more? ;)

Are you working tonight, Blythe?

Tink&Goofy
10-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Maybe I'm feeling a little left out! Why does Alex get all the fun?

Is it time for a new "target"?:archer:

Welcome! Just keep your cookies (and your green tube tops) away from Alex! Don't forget your question! Rhonda has supernatural :nono: powers!

If you're my SIL, you find a way to continue the party... somehow, she manages a "half birthday" in June that I've never managed to put into effect... maybe w/ this year being "the big one", I'll change that... :blush:
That's so cool you have November b'days in your family, too... I think you just have to come up here!!
And that goes for you, too, T&G... isn't it the perfect excuse to visit somewhere new??? ;)
We got the half birthday taken care of! My youngest DD was born on my "1/2" birthday (May 10th) - so we BOTH always get to celebrate our half birthdays!!

You beat me to it!

Hey Blythe - I thought about you yesterday - I went to buy some rum - and remembered the Laugh Floor at the MNSSHP when your phone "rang" and said "But why is the rum gone?". :funny:

Anyone staying up late tonight?

Dsnygirl
10-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Are you working tonight, Blythe?
Only if working includes polishing off (well, almost) a bottle of wine!! :blush:

Hey Blythe - I thought about you yesterday - I went to buy some rum - and remembered the Laugh Floor at the MNSSHP when your phone "rang" and said "But why is the rum gone?". :funny:

:D Glad to know that made you think of me!! I've told quite a few people about that!! I may even make it Dan's ringtone... ;)

Nope -- I'm off to bed now... just had to check-in one last time w/ my peeps. (That means you guys, from the English word "people" and the Easter word "peeps" which means favorite food... so you all must be my favorite ... ummm... people!! Yeah, that's it! (More wine, anyone?? :blush:)

Okay -- Dan's summoning me off to bed... "yo ho, yo ho..." wait... that doesn't sound too good...;)

pogo
10-22-2007, 11:22 PM

Nope..... going to bed soon. I hope your Rumwas Appleton Estate's Jamacain Rum. It's my favorite ! Was it ? :D

drummerboy
10-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Yo guys--I only went off for a few hours and we're already up to three pages?

Sure isn't that the most popular spot for Cdn's down that way? I can help you fit in.
Or vice versa. DW and I might be able to make you into a Southern Belle (then you can be Belle Babe.) I forgot that MB was such a favorite for our North of the Border friends.

GS2 was born on Thanksgiving eve last year. H couldn't wait until Saturday when he was supposed to make his grand entrance.

We've all been working at making it a national fad.

Welcome! And I like chocolate chip best.

And if you're old...... have you ever met Ken.... our senior citizen ?
OK, sonny, you want I should throw my teeth at you?

we girls?? We're fine... perfectly normal, slightly talkative maybe... :blush:

I think Pogo had some good ones. I thought it came from a combination of loco and bodacious.

Got DW home safe and sound. I think my sister about drove her and my mother and step-father crazy though.

Tink&Goofy
10-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Only if working includes polishing off (well, almost) a bottle of wine!! :blush:;)
That was last night....was it was Chateau St. Michelle?

:D Glad to know that made you think of me!! I've told quite a few people about that!! I may even make it Dan's ringtone... ;)
I told DH about it - now he wants it for his ringtone. I would love it too, but probably not a good choice for my workplace....

Nope..... going to bed soon. I hope your Rumwas Appleton Estate's Jamacain Rum. It's my favorite ! Was it ? :D
Nope it was Cruzan Estate Dark Rum - one we discovered while in DL, thanks to the bartendar at the Hyatt!:D

Beast_fanatic
10-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Can we go shoe shopping?

I saw a personalized license plate on my way home today that said "SHUFRK" and I thought of you!

I obviously missed that too. Is the offer still open?

My hubby Robert (EarForceOne) is!

Olivia's is Nov. 4.

His is November 5th!

So - now I need a question -- anybody have one???

You did a lovely job. :thumbsup:

Natazu
10-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Isn't she cute?

Say :hi: to Rachel for me ? If not, I'll have to start PMing her ! ;)
Rachel says hi and you can PM her anytime. (she's always commenting how I get all the PMs. In fact, everyone send her a PM about something this week)

Is it any more of a word than what you said to me the other day?I remember she said "fu fu" quite a few times.

Okay -- Dan's summoning me off to bed... "yo ho, yo ho..." wait... that doesn't sound too good...;)Hey, I meant to tell you. Dan's a great guy. He should come around more.

Nope..... going to bed soon. I hope your Rumwas Appleton Estate's Jamacain Rum. It's my favorite ! Was it ? :DOh yeah. Appleton's. That's the stuff.

BriarRose0708
10-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Was it OK to use it ? If not... I'll edit my post and remove it. ;)

And if you're old...... have you ever met Ken.... our senior citizen ? :D
Of course you can use it! I love it and don't think it gets used enough!

I'm here! What's up on the West coast tonight?

Tink&Goofy
10-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Oh yeah. Appleton's. That's the stuff.
I'll have to try that next time! Is it a dark rum?

I'm here! What's up on the West coast tonight?
The nights still young - the last kid finally went to bed. Just shopping on line, playing Sudoku and checking out Intercot!

Caroleh
10-23-2007, 02:10 AM

Right now we're living in Brampton. The "little" town of Milton is the fastest growing community in Ontario right now. It's up to 50,000-70,000 now.

It is from the word Loquate....... it means where it's at.... like..... I know I can Loquate you any time I want. OR...Locuacious could also be a location in the desert near an oasis...... location + oasis = loquacious. It just depends how you use it !:D

We do ? But I thought we were loved ! :(

:hug: You know your loved, Buddy!!! We just like to show you how much your loved by picking on you. Alex, well, that's another story.

Is anyone else awake?

Natazu
10-23-2007, 03:15 AM
It is, one of the best for the money.

Is anyone else awake?I'm awake - putting away some laundry and realizing we're out of toilet paper. Anyone have any extra?

disneydeb
10-23-2007, 06:48 AM
It is, one of the best for the money.

I'm awake - putting away some laundry and realizing we're out of toilet paper. Anyone have any extra?

Yea, just pick up some from Wal-Mart. It'll cost ya!:D How many squares you need?

pogo
10-23-2007, 07:23 AM
OK, sonny, you want I should throw my teeth at you?:funny:

Nope it was Cruzan Estate Dark Rum - one we discovered while in DL, thanks to the bartendar at the Hyatt!
That would be my third favorite Rum. Appleton, Myers Dark and then Cruzan.

I like to mix Appleton with Orange juice, pineapple juice and sour mix. It taste almost like a Lapu lapu, only lighter. Try it. :D

Rachel says hi and you can PM her anytime. (she's always commenting how I get all the PMs. In fact, everyone send her a PM about something this week)

Oh yeah. Appleton's. That's the stuff. You have great taste, my friend..... in Rum and in women !:thumbsup:

Of course you can use it! I love it and don't think it gets used enough!Oh Nikki..... you are going to be soooo much fun on here. ;)

No... it's a light rum.... with a little sweetness to it. :tasty:

You know your loved, Buddy!!! We just like to show you how much your loved by picking on you. Alex, well, that's another story.
:thumbsup:

I'm awake - putting away some laundry and realizing we're out of toilet paper. Anyone have any extra?
looks like you'll be doing more laundry !

Yea, just pick up some from Wal-Mart. It'll cost ya!:D How many squares you need?
You're tough, Sis....... selling by the square ????
Something ain't right about you. :shake:

Caroleh
10-23-2007, 08:17 AM

Isn't it great when you find out you need TP is when your sitting there with none? Why does that always happen?

I hate these nights when I wake up at about 1 am and can't get back to sleep until around 5, then I have to get up for work at 7. Anyone else have these nights?

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Good morning all... what a wet and drippy morning it is out there!! :rain:

Sigh... I had nightmares last night... yuck... I didn't even want to get out of bed at 3 am to go you know where, I was afraid it wasn't a dream at first!! :hide2:

How's everyone else this morning??

GS2 was born on Thanksgiving eve last year. H couldn't wait until Saturday when he was supposed to make his grand entrance.

Yeah!! Another November baby!! There's a whole club of us!!

That was last night....was it was Chateau St. Michelle?

I told DH about it - now he wants it for his ringtone. I would love it too, but probably not a good choice for my workplace....

Nope... it was mead, the sweet variety. Tastes a lot like an Asti.

So - did you make it his ringtone?? And where do you work, by the way? Do they ever fly you close to Syracuse? :)

My hubby Robert (EarForceOne) is!
His is November 5th!

You did a lovely job.
And another one!! Wow -- quite a contingent around here!
:curtsy: Thank you!! Not as good as the original, though, I'm sure! :D

Hey, I meant to tell you. Dan's a great guy. He should come around more.

I'll tell him!! (In fact, I think you'll be seeing him around here soon... :))
I'll be sure to send her one this morning!!

The nights still young - the last kid finally went to bed. Just shopping on line, playing Sudoku and checking out Intercot!

Is anyone else awake?

Jeepers... I'm not at work, and you all are up, yakking away... not fair, I tell you!!

I like to mix Appleton with Orange juice, pineapple juice and sour mix. It taste almost like a Lapu lapu, only lighter. Try it.

Did I hear someone say Lapu Lapu? Going to have to try that...

I hate these nights when I wake up at about 1 am and can't get back to sleep until around 5, then I have to get up for work at 7. Anyone else have these nights?
Only when I'm at work... :D

mtown71
10-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Just a quick stop to say I'm glad I found I'cot and how much I enjoy trading insanities with the JQ bunch.
Wow, so good to know that you do care about us Ken. Thanks for making me cry again!!!!

Boy, has that much changed since I have been MIA? Alex, a good guy now???:faint:

Why are you picking on me ? Because I'm trying to be nice to Alex ? I feel sorry for Alex..... he's not as smart as me.... or as good looking as me.... and he doesn't have many friends..... just poor old Maria.... and she can't see very well..... so I thought I'd throw him that little bone...... and you blew it.. making fun of me..... and now I'm going to :cry::fit:

Thanks for the laughs Pogo!!!!! I needed that this morning! How did you know???? Hmmmm.... I didn't get a post card either. If you want...PM me your addy & Di & I can send you a post card from Disneyland, K?:mickey:

Wow...is anyone else having a hard time getting going this morning? OH..almost forgot..HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE!!!!!!! LOVE YA!

Mickey'sGirl
10-23-2007, 09:01 AM
I thought it came from a combination of loco and bodacious.You called? :funny:

You guys sure can yap! Were you trying to lose track of me.....I am still trying to catch up on all the posts!:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
10-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh yeah. Appleton's. That's the stuff.It really is. Do you remember me teaching you about how the dark rum got to be dark??????

disneydrmr
10-23-2007, 09:16 AM
WOW! What a bunch of chatty people we have here... took me almost an hour to catch up to all of you! Any of you have the building plans for an ark? It's been raining non stop since yesterday AM and it's awful out there.. yes, we needed it.. we were at a 12 inch deficit in rainfall, but we surely didn't need it all to fall in one day!

As far as I know, Di got a postcard from STITCH :stitch: (we only helped) and considering how much y'all like to disparage his attraction, you shouldn't be complaining. :nono:

Nat, cover your eyes. Di, check out the new Crocs over at Amazon.com. The Prima and the Alice ballet flats are really cute. I also saw some cute gray ballet-type shoes on Chadwick's .

PLease do let us know - I would like an autographed copy please!

For all you with postcard envy.. pm me your addresses and I'll have Stitch mail you postcards from Disneyland.. ok? Will that make you feel less sensitive Pogo?
And thank you Ellen for sticking up for my Stitchie Pooh!

I'll check those crocs and other shoe hints out Ellen! THanks. I don't usually like to order online.. but I'm getting desperate... I really need a pair of grey flats!

Would anyone be a bit surprised that I saw Stitch playing catch this morning right after rope drop? Do you suppose I've seen a few too many of the alien err I mean Stitch show? Lol

Surprised? No. Jealous? Yes! And one can NEVER see to much of the Stitch show!

Is it possible to miss those you've not met yet? If it is I miss those onf you that didn't make the meet too! And I'm going to MISS the NY meet in November!:fit::pout:

I won't be going either. Maybe us "middle of the country'ers need to come up with a meet.. maybe one in the Gatlinburg area?

Welcome! And PLEASE don't try to figure this thread out.. you'll only wind up with a headache..

Hmmmm.. is someone trying to get some help with his homework by chance?

Welcome! Just keep your cookies (and your green tube tops) away from Alex!

And anything pink! :D

:rotfl::funny:

Wow...is anyone else having a hard time getting going this morning? OH..almost forgot..HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE!!!!!!! LOVE YA!

I'm having a REAL hard time getting going.. my age is catching up to me...

Thanks for the wishes sis! Love ya too! And hey! Only 8 more days!!!!

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 09:24 AM
:cake: Happy Birthday, Di!! :cake: I hope today's a good one -- even with all the rain!!

Welcome! And PLEASE don't try to figure this thread out.. you'll only wind up with a headache..

Oh... so that's what happens every time I'm on here!! :D

Anyone doing anything exciting today? I am so totally not... not even running any errands 'til the girls get home. (Then it's off to the craft store so Julia can get stuff to build an alien... :alien: Fun!)

I'm listening to the Tumble Monkeys from FOTLK right now... sigh... my favorite show!! Anyone have The Lion King coming to their town??

offwego
10-23-2007, 09:25 AM
I'd like to see them! Did you make the offer while we were gone?

Nat, cover your eyes. !
Yes of course..just PM me an email address. And you do know that saying my name and then telling me not to look doesn't work so well right?

Congrats on the article!

Did you miss me?
Sure did! Hope all is well with you!

Can I join in on this thread? Just trying to figure this all out! Welcome!!

Carol...I grew up in the Oakville/Burlington area..not that I recognize my "small town" anymore! Hey I mostly grew up in Mississauga! Small world isn't it?

Or vice versa. DW and I might be able to make you into a Southern Belle (then you can be Belle Babe.) I forgot that MB was such a favorite for our North of the Border friends.
OK, sonny, you want I should throw my teeth at you?. I already know how to make biscuits (four kinds) does that help? And did I ever tell you about the teeth that fell on me in my first house?

I saw a personalized license plate on my way home today that said "SHUFRK" and I thought of you!

I obviously missed that too. Is the offer still open?
Yes it is Rhonda..just pm an email address. & That's funny about the plate!

Does anyone else wonder what about putting away laundry causes one to realize your out of toilet paper?

BriarRose0708
10-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Good morning all! It's dark and rainy here which makes me want to sleep all day. But I'm off to work, just thought I'd check in and say Holla!

I actually have a really good question-
Hey Pogo, when you fly from Rochester to Orlando, which airline do you usually take?

drummerboy
10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
I already know how to make biscuits (four kinds) does that help? And did I ever tell you about the teeth that fell on me in my first house?
You're not talking about the Brititsh deninition of biscuits are you? And Pleeeease tell us about the teeth; you've got my attention.

disneydrmr
10-23-2007, 10:06 AM
:cake: Happy Birthday, Di!! :cake: I hope today's a good one -- even with all the rain!!

Anyone doing anything exciting today? I am so totally not... not even running any errands 'til the girls get home. (Then it's off to the craft store so Julia can get stuff to build an alien... :alien: Fun!)

I'm listening to the Tumble Monkeys from FOTLK right now... sigh... my favorite show!! Anyone have The Lion King coming to their town??

Thanks for the wishes!

Nothing exciting here... at work... doing drop ship paperwork, taking customer orders, creating some credit memos... yep... just the daily grind for me... is Julia gonna build Stitch?

No Lion King.. but our local dinner theater will be performing Beauty and the Beast next summer.

I already know how to make biscuits (four kinds) does that help?

Only if you can also make gravy to go with those biscuits.. and grits! Gotta have grits!

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Does anyone else wonder what about putting away laundry causes one to realize your out of toilet paper?
Funny you should mention that -- it happened exactly like that to me yesterday!! Went to put towels away, realized there was one lonely roll sitting there on the shelf... called Dan to say "Can you please stop at the store..." :blush:

is Julia gonna build Stitch?
Only if you can also make gravy to go with those biscuits.. and grits! Gotta have grits!
I wish!! That'd be too easy... nope... she's got herself a pile of supplies, including tp rolls, a coffee can, some plastic knives, the cut-off top of a water bottle... later we're off for some Floam and "springy eyes". Ought to be interesting... and oh btw, he lives on Jupiter. :confused:

You love grits?? Me, too!! Haven't had any in ages... I love 'em!!

alpro2
10-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Just thought that I would make an appearance. My ears having been ringing so I thought that I would check out my "friends" at JQ. I didn't realize I was so popular. :D

Why are you picking on me ? Because I'm trying to be nice to Alex ? I feel sorry for Alex..... he's not as smart as me.... or as good looking as me.... and he doesn't have many friends..... just poor old Maria.... and she can't see very well..... so I thought I'd throw him that little bone...... and you blew it.. making fun of me.....
Now, now, Tommy boy...green doesn't suit you very well. Just because I am half your age, half your weight, and have all of my teeth, doesn't give you the right to be rude. :D

- but we girls?? ...slightly talkative maybe...
Ya think?

Who needs toilet paper anyway?

Sigh... I had nightmares last night... yuck... I didn't even want to get out of bed at 3 am to go you know where, I was afraid it wasn't a dream at first!!

Jeepers...

Nightmares? Was Pogo in it?

Jeepers? Were you a Scooby Doo fan? Jinkies Dafney, is that a ghost?

Don't believe a word that they say, Michelle. Stick with me and you'll be alright. :D

pogo
10-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I hate these nights when I wake up at about 1 am and can't get back to sleep until around 5, then I have to get up for work at 7. Anyone else have these nights?Nope... I sleep like a baby.

Did I hear someone say Lapu Lapu? Going to have to try that...

Come on out.... I'll make you a couple ! P.S. bring a sleeping bag. :D

Thanks for the laughs Pogo!!!!! I needed that this morning! How did you know???? Hmmmm.... I didn't get a post card either. If you want...PM me your addy & Di & I can send you a post card from Disneyland, K? You got it ! PM coming soon.

You guys sure can yap! Were you trying to lose track of me.....I am still trying to catch up on all the posts!
Maybe you better take some reading lessons from you know who ! :D

It really is. Do you remember me teaching you about how the dark rum got to be dark??????
Enlighten us all about that.... will you please ? :D

For all you with postcard envy.. pm me your addresses and I'll have Stitch mail you postcards from Disneyland.. ok? Will that make you feel less sensitive Pogo?
Yes.... it might help. :pout:

You really don't know Jym..... do you ? :shake:

I actually have a really good question-
Hey Pogo, when you fly from Rochester to Orlando, which airline do you usually take? Airtran or Airtran..... either one !:D

No Lion King.. but our local dinner theater will be performing Beauty and the Beast next summer.
OK.... Alex ain't around so I've got to fill in for him...... Did they ask you to play the Beast ? Sorry Diane.....:hug: I had too say that for Alex. Just trying to help out. :D

drummerboy
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Don't believe a word that they say, Michelle. Stick with me and you'll be alright. :D
...said the snake to the mouse.

Forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday, Di. So, Happy Birthday! Can I lend you a cane? Some Ben-Gay?

alpro2
10-23-2007, 10:33 AM

Et tu Brute?

offwego
10-23-2007, 10:57 AM
You're not talking about the Brititsh deninition of biscuits are you? And Pleeeease tell us about the teeth; you've got my attention. no I mean Angel or brides biscuits, drop biscuits, cornmeal biscuits and buttermilk biscuits. (never tried beaten ones but keep meaning too)

The teeth thing goes like this.

Our first home (the honey I can fix it one) was owned by a Little old lady (not a real nice one however) who left behind quite a bit of junk when she left (about a 1/4 of a dumpster!). When we were taking stuff out of the kitchen cabinets (coffee mug to be exact) I pulled it out thinking it would be empty...not so much. It had water which splased on my head along with the teeth that were in it which bounced on my head. My best friend and I ran from the house screaming as if we were on fire! Old lady teeth cooties were not in the list of things my hubbie could "fix"!!!

Only if you can also make gravy to go with those biscuits.. and grits! Gotta have grits! What kind of gravy? I'm not the sausage type I'm afraid. I can however make my own jam does that count?

pogo
10-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Now, now, Tommy boy...green doesn't suit you very well. Just because I am half your age, half your weight, and have all of my teeth, doesn't give you the right to be rude. Who was being rude ? I was trying to help you out !:D

Nightmares? Was Pogo in it?
:shake: Feeble atempt at best.

Don't believe a word that they say, Michelle. Stick with me and you'll be alright.

:haha: Good one. :funny:

Forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday, Di. So, Happy Birthday! Can I lend you a cane? Some Ben-Gay?How about some hair color ?

Et tu Brute?
How do you know Ken still wears Brute ? :confused:

offwego
10-23-2007, 11:24 AM
gack..they are painting my office day. (with no warning). Which means I have to pack all my junk up and it smells! Thank goodness my appts were out of the office today.

Who does this?

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Okay - guys?? (And gals...) Does anybody realize that we aren't even 24 hrs. into this thread (22hrs., 20 minutes, to be exact...) and we are over 5 pages in???? That is frightening, even by our standards.... ;)

Just thought that I would make an appearance. My ears having been ringing so I thought that I would check out my "friends" at JQ. I didn't realize I was so popular. :D
You didn't?? Well, if it wasn't for that tube top and high heels escapade, maybe your ears wouldn't ring so much!! :D

Eeewwww....:ack:

Michelle, if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you... :cool:

Our first home (the honey I can fix it one) was owned by a Little old lady (not a real nice one however) who left behind quite a bit of junk when she left (about a 1/4 of a dumpster!). When we were taking stuff out of the kitchen cabinets (coffee mug to be exact) I pulled it out thinking it would be empty...not so much. It had water which splased on my head along with the teeth that were in it which bounced on my head. My best friend and I ran from the house screaming as if we were on fire! Old lady teeth cooties were not in the list of things my hubbie could "fix"!!!

:sick: I'm not sure I would have survived that... at least not w/o an immediate hot shower!! Yuck!! I'm still creeped out, and I read it 10 minutes ago!! :eek: I think I have a twitch now....

Okay -- anyone have a nice, sweet story to change the atmosphere???

drummerboy
10-23-2007, 12:04 PM

Eeeeeeeeeeew! And I read that just before lunch. :sick:

Et tu Brute?

How do you know Ken still wears Brute ? :confused:
That's right. I wear A&F "Woods", thank you very much. That is, if I use any after shave in the first place.

Anybody got some Pepto-Bismol so I can settle my stomach and eat lunch after reading Nat's story?

mtown71
10-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Anyone doing anything exciting today? I am so totally not... not even running any errands 'til the girls get home.
I wish I was doing something exciting today. I doubt going to work counts, huh? I am looking forward to having the day off on Thursday even though it means I have to work this Saturday.

:confused:Wow...stumped me on that one.

Mmmmmmm....grits....bring on the grits!!! They are fat-free, right??????? ;)

Anyone feel like going to work for me?

pogo
10-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Anybody got some Pepto-Bismol so I can settle my stomach and eat lunch after reading Nat's story? EEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! PB makes me sick ! :sick: I can't even stand the look of it. I think I need a :marg: :D

I wish I was doing something exciting today.
Aren't you going to be there helping the fire department put out the fire that all of Di's birthday candles are going to start ? :D

Where is she........ :hide: in the corner ? :confused: Oh Di..... where are you birthday girl ? Time for your birthday spanking ! :D

BriarRose0708
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Airtran or Airtran..... either one !:D

Thanks! Are they usually direct flights?

gack..they are painting my office day. (with no warning). Which means I have to pack all my junk up and it smells! Thank goodness my appts were out of the office today.

Who does this?

I would trade places with you in a second. My office is violently yellow. What color are you getting?

disneydrmr
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
You love grits?? Me, too!! Haven't had any in ages... I love 'em!!

Yes! I LOVE grits! With lots of butter and sugar mixed in! Should I send you a care package of grits? I could even throw in some Goldstar Chili!

OK.... Alex ain't around so I've got to fill in for him...... Did they ask you to play the Beast ? Sorry Diane.....:hug: I had too say that for Alex. Just trying to help out.

The reason Alex ain't around is because he is here at our local dinner theater practicing for HIS role as the Beast! :D (though I've heard the director say he's NEVER seen a person more suited for their role and he doesn't expect Alex to have to practice long ....;)

Forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday, Di. So, Happy Birthday! Can I lend you a cane? Some Ben-Gay?

Ben-gay stinks... a cane just might come in handy.. (is it a good strong cane, the kind that is made just right for thumping certain people on the head when they get a bit out of line? )

What kind of gravy? I'm not the sausage type I'm afraid. I can however make my own jam does that count?

Sausage country gravy is what I'm talking about! YUM! Or some cheesy gravy! Got a recipe for chocolate gravy that I haven't tried yet. If you tell me you can make some Blackberry jam then yeah - it counts!

How about some hair color ?

At least I have hair to color! :D

Who does this?

Eeeewwwww... don't they know that paint fumes can be toxic? I think you need the rest of the week off! Our office has sprung several leaks (over the accounting cubicles) so it's quite interesting around here also.

And how many of you allowed Alex to hug you or shake your hand? :sick:

Okay -- anyone have a nice, sweet story to change the atmosphere???

Nice sweet stories from THIS bunch?
Um, are you forgetting to whom you are asking this of? :D

Anybody got some Pepto-Bismol so I can settle my stomach and eat lunch after reading Nat's story?

No Pepto-Bismol, but I do have some rolaids if you need them...

Mmmmmmm....grits....bring on the grits!!! They are fat-free, right???????

Anyone feel like going to work for me?

Yeah, sure, they are fat free - as long as you don't add in all the butter and sugar that makes them taste so good!

You know I'd go to work for you if I could, but since I'm already at my job I can't help you.

Aren't you going to be there helping the fire department put out the fire that all of Di's birthday candles are going to start ?

Where is she........ :hide: in the corner ? Oh Di..... where are you birthday girl ?

Ok mister.... first.. let's not be joking about fires... depending on the situation out in SoCal our trip to DLR might not happen...

And don't you know... "nobody puts Baby in the corner." :D

pogo
10-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks! Are they usually direct flights?

I try to do non-stop when possible. Avoid JFK, Atlanta, and Chicago at all cost when flying to MCO. Baltimore and Washington seem to be OK.

I'm waiting for Southwest to come to Rochester and we'll save even more money. :thumbsup:
They were OK for our trip to New Mexico, but I didn't like the "cattle call" loading system but they are modifying it somewhat so we'll see about that.

When are you going again ? :D

marlyn
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Good morning JQ friends. Wanting to add my thanks to you all and to let you know that I think you are all awesome.

So cheers :wine: to those of you I have already met and to those I hope to meet someday!!

Weather is gorgeous here today. I have already been out to the gym so I guess that means I am feeling better today. I am in great spirits. Met a wonderful man yesterday and my heart is pitter pattering :cloud9:I feel like a schoolgirl. Can you see me blushing? Can your heart skip a beat after only one evening of conversation? Or is that just in Disney fairy tales?

pogo
10-23-2007, 01:23 PM
At least I have hair to color! :D

Ok mister.... first.. let's not be joking about fires... depending on the situation out in SoCal our trip to DLR might not happen...

Aaaaaahhhhhh..... You're back and you seem normal ! :thumbsup: At least.... as close to normal as you were. :yes:

I need to announce to everyone here that I now have hair also. I have been letting it grow back since the Doctor said my Mom's cancer is in remission. Her hair is growing to ! I tell her it is coming in red.

Do you think she believe's me ? :crazy:

What are you doing special for your birthday, beside sumoning the fire department ? :D

BriarRose0708
10-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I try to do non-stop when possible. Avoid JFK, Atlanta, and Chicago at all cost when flying to MCO. Baltimore and Washington seem to be OK.

I'm waiting for Southwest to come to Rochester and we'll save even more money. :thumbsup:
They were OK for our trip to New Mexico, but I didn't like the "cattle call" loading system but they are modifying it somewhat so we'll see about that.

When are you going again ? :D

I, too, prefer a direct flight and ususally go with Southwest or Jet Blue (when I can afford it) I've done AirTran once MCO to BUF and had a good experience. I'm going in June with my friend who is from Gononda. I think we're leaving a car there and her family is driving us to the airport. I've never flown out of Rochester, only Buffalo, Syracuse and Albany.

What is Southwest doing to the "cattle call"? I actually didn't mind it!

Nascfan
10-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Blythe, were you the one asking about Lion King coming to people's towns? It's coming to Toledo next year, end of Feb thru March. We're going on Saturday, March 1st, at 2:00 I believe. Can't wait!

Happy Birthday Di! Left you a note on your thread in the Cooler.

pogo
10-23-2007, 01:42 PM
What is Southwest doing to the "cattle call"? I actually didn't mind it!They are changing the groups to smaller size. Depending on when you check in, you will now be assigned A- 1, A-2, A-3 etc. and instead of everyone lining up a half hour early you can wait until just before the boarding call and go to your assigned spot.

You did'nt mind it really ? :confused::(

Blythe, were you the one asking about Lion King coming to people's towns? It's coming to Toledo next year, end of Feb thru March. We're going on Saturday, March 1st, at 2:00 I believe. Can't wait!

So Scott... are you inviting all of us to join you on March 1st ? Man..... that's going to cost you a fortune !:spend:

offwego
10-23-2007, 01:45 PM
:sick: I'm not sure I would have survived that... at least not w/o an immediate hot shower!! Yuck!! I'm still creeped out, and I read it 10 minutes ago!! :eek: I think I have a twitch now....
It's been almost 8 years & I still haven't gotten over it. Why should you all be different?

Eeeeeeeeeeew! And I read that just before lunch. :sick:Anybody got some Pepto-Bismol so I can settle my stomach and eat lunch after reading Nat's story?
But you wanted to know! What kind of story did you think teeth would be in?

EEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! PB makes me sick ! :sick: I can't even stand the look of it. I think I need a :marg: :D
I knew I liked you! I can't stand Pepto either. And my DH can drink it like soda! :sick:

I would trade places with you in a second. My office is violently yellow. What color are you getting?
Uh Yellow...but more of butter thing with some kinda taupe stuff. don't know really as it's not a shoe I'm not interested.

If you tell me you can make some Blackberry jam then yeah - it counts!
Eeeewwwww... don't they know that paint fumes can be toxic? I think you need the rest of the week off! Our office has sprung several leaks (over the accounting cubicles) so it's quite interesting around here also.
Does blackberry rasberry count? and the toxic thing is just a side effect..but I do feel woozy...

. Met a wonderful man yesterday and my heart is pitter pattering :cloud9:I feel like a schoolgirl. Can you see me blushing? Can your heart skip a beat after only one evening of conversation? Or is that just in Disney fairy tales?

How wonderful for you!!! I sure hope more fluttering happens soon!

BriarRose0708
10-23-2007, 02:05 PM
They are changing the groups to smaller size. Depending on when you check in, you will now be assigned A- 1, A-2, A-3 etc. and instead of everyone lining up a half hour early you can wait until just before the boarding call and go to your assigned spot.

You did'nt mind it really ? :confused::(

I see. I didn't mind if it meant scroing a prime seat!

Uh Yellow...but more of butter thing with some kinda taupe stuff. don't know really as it's not a shoe I'm not interested.

Hahahah! Buttercup sounds nice. The yellow I have is more like a combination of school bus yellow and double line in the road yellow. What shoes are you wearing today?

disneydrmr
10-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Weather is gorgeous here today. I have already been out to the gym so I guess that means I am feeling better today. I am in great spirits. Met a wonderful man yesterday and my heart is pitter pattering :cloud9:I feel like a schoolgirl. Can you see me blushing? Can your heart skip a beat after only one evening of conversation? Or is that just in Disney fairy tales?

I am so happy to hear you are doing so much better healthwise and spiritwise! And wow! How awesome that you met someone! And yes, your heart can skip a beat after just one night... mine skipped several beats after my dh's first letter to me (we started out as pen pals when he was stationed in the army) I hope you get a Disney fairy tale with the happiest of endings! You truly deserve it! Um, what are you gonna do with a certain Pirate Captain though? :D

Aaaaaahhhhhh..... You're back and you seem normal ! At least.... as close to normal as you were. :yes:

I need to announce to everyone here that I now have hair also. I have been letting it grow back since the Doctor said my Mom's cancer is in remission. Her hair is growing to ! I tell her it is coming in red.

What are you doing special for your birthday, beside sumoning the fire department ?

Normal is as normal does...:D

Glad to hear that your mom's cancer is in remission! How's your friend doing? Did he get any results back?

Nothing special planned for my birthday. Probably eat some left over sauerkraut for dinner. Watch Biggest Loser, then go to bed. I'm sure my puppies will give me some extra kisses and cuddles. And DH got me a really nice card, some cute pjs and the Mary Poppins dvd.

Happy Birthday Di! Left you a note on your thread in the Cooler.

In the cooler where? Under the salami? Or under the potato salad?

So Scott... are you inviting all of us to join you on March 1st ? Man..... that's going to cost you a fortune !:spend:

Oh, he didn't spend that much on tickets.. he got them from Drummerboy's Discount Tickets... Scott sent everyone's to me to distribute since he's hardly able to be around.. so here.. I"ll start passing them out... WAIT! Oh my! These don't say "The Lion King" on them.. they say "The Frying Wing." Scott - I think we have a ticket problem....

offwego
10-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Hahahah! Buttercup sounds nice. The yellow I have is more like a combination of school bus yellow and double line in the road yellow. What shoes are you wearing today?

Sorry not buttercup..more like the colour of unsalted butter...a very barely yellow yellow.

Today is a bronze/brown one inch kitten heel (good thing I chose pants today when you think about it!)

And Di are mine for Detroit? Cause I've been trying to sneak a set on to my christmas list...

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 02:20 PM
At least I have hair to color!
:funny: :rotfl:

Ahhh.... one of my favorite quotes... I knew you were my kinda girl....

Glad your weather is better - ours stinks!! But, I truly can't complain after the past few days... and it gives me a good reason to stay in my comfy clothes and not go anywhere!! (Wish that could continue all day, but I've got to work tonight.... :()
So!!! That must be the pitter pattering I feel all the way out here... good for you!! And not to sound like a complete dork (hush, guys...) but yes I believe you can feel that way after one evening... I did, and look who it got me?? Pic (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/WDWIntercotPics/photo#5121560305890513202) :D :D

Yeah for you guys!! I totally missed it when it was in Rochester - :( - now I'm waiting for it to come back somewhere even remotely close to us!!

Hey -- where are Christine & Ellen today???

Christine
10-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Um, what are you gonna do with a certain Pirate Captain though? :D

:here: You can just send him right down here, sweetie!!

And DH got me a really nice card, some cute pjs and the Mary Poppins dvd.

You will LOVE the bonus disc! It is incredible! What a nice birthday!!

I am very upset! I am about to make my list to go to the :cart:, and thought, "hmmm. That meatloaf at Prime Time last week was so good, I'm going to try to make it." So I go to the recipe section here on I-COT and what's the first ingredient? VEAL! I don't do veal! I am horrified that I ate veal and didn't know it! The menu doesn't warn you that that's what's in it! Momma's not happy!
Now I wonder if I had some shark fin hot dog, too. :(

Jared
10-23-2007, 02:27 PM

Who does this?
How long will you be out of your office? I can't go anywhere near a freshly painted room for days because of the stench.

Okay - guys?? (And gals...) Does anybody realize that we aren't even 24 hrs. into this thread (22hrs., 20 minutes, to be exact...) and we are over 5 pages in???? That is frightening, even by our standards.... ;)
Did you do that math all by yourself, Blythe? I see the folks at Crouse are teaching you well. I'm just now getting to the part of my textbook that explains the difference between the big and little hand on a clock.

Did you check under the couch and between the cushions? You'd be amazed to see what gets stuck there--even a disgusting pink bottle.

EEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! PB makes me sick ! :sick: I can't even stand the look of it. I think I need a :marg:
I agree, unless the other option is the paint smell. Why can't they come up with a tablet instead of the yucky liquid?

I connected in Charlotte for the anniversary trip, and everything went well. Definitely stay away from either of the New York airports.

Met a wonderful man yesterday and my heart is pitter pattering :cloud9:I feel like a schoolgirl. Can you see me blushing? Can your heart skip a beat after only one evening of conversation? Or is that just in Disney fairy tales?
So what's his name? Let your heart keep fluttering!

Nikki, have you seen www.flysyracuse.com? It's a new site that helps you find the cheapest fares when flying out of Syracuse. Take a look.

Wow, why did I have so many questions?

BriarRose0708
10-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey Jared, I was wondering where you were. Not procrastinating as much today?

I won't be flying out of 'Cuse for this trip, but that's really good info to know! Thanks!

pogo
10-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear that your mom's cancer is in remission! How's your friend doing? Did he get any results back?
Thanks.... and, thanks for asking about Gary. Didn't I tell you about the results while I was in ABQ ? :confused:

His CS was on the day we left and he called me the next morning to tell me it come back negative. He has gone through several tests and they still don't know what's going on with him, but they don't think it is Cancer.

He is coming up to fish with me on Friday, I think.

Good morning JQ friends. Wanting to add my thanks to you all and to let you know that I think you are all awesome.

So cheers :wine: to those of you I have already met and to those I hope to meet someday!!

Good for you...... I can see your smiling face ! I hope he is good enough for you ! You might want to bring him by so we can grill him on what his intensions are with you. :D

Today is a bronze/brown one inch kitten heel (good thing I chose pants today when you think about it!)

What's a kitten heel and why is it a good thing you are wearing pants today ? :confused:

(I have so many jokes about this that I can't say here)
:D

offwego
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
:I am very upset! I am about to make my list to go to the :cart:, and thought, "hmmm. That meatloaf at Prime Time last week was so good, I'm going to try to make it." So I go to the recipe section here on I-COT and what's the first ingredient? VEAL! I don't do veal! I am horrified that I ate veal and didn't know it! The menu doesn't warn you that that's what's in it! Momma's not happy!
Now I wonder if I had some shark fin hot dog, too. :(
Shark fin is way to expensive to turn into a hotdog so I think your ok. Veal is a real common ingredient in "upscale" meatloaf so you'll want to ask about that if you order it out a lot.
Why no veal? Is it a moral or taste thing?

Christine
10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Shark fin is way to expensive to turn into a hotdog so I think your ok. Veal is a real common ingredient in "upscale" meatloaf so you'll want to ask about that if you order it out a lot.
Why no veal? Is it a moral or taste thing?

It is strictly a moral thing. I did a speech in college about animal cruelty that has stuck with me ever since. The videos I've seen, the things I've read...just horrifying.

(Oh, and I was being sarcastic about the shark fin hot dog ...I forget you can't tell tone in written communication! :blush: Didn't want you to think I REALLY thought that! )

So will I be even more devastated to find out what your "kitten" shoes are??? ;)

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks.... and, thanks for asking about Gary. Didn't I tell you about the results while I was in ABQ ? :confused:

His CS was on the day we left and he called me the next morning to tell me it come back negative. He has gone through several tests and they still don't know what's going on with him, but they don't think it is Cancer.

Yeah!! That is such good news - at least so far - I sure hope whatever they find out is something he can easily deal with!! Funny - I thought to ask you about this earlier... glad to know he is doing well so far!

So - what's everyone having for dinner? (Sorry to hear you won't be making that meatloaf, Christine... I don't do veal, either. :ack: Once I saw those little "houses" they put them in... :mad:) Anyway -- maybe it would taste similar with regular meat? I'd still try it...

I think I'm going to go check out the recipe board... maybe I'll be inspired!! :blush:

offwego
10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
What's a kitten heel and why is it a good thing you are wearing pants today ? :confused:

(I have so many jokes about this that I can't say here)
:D

Ah child...a kitten heel is one shapped to curve on the way down from the heel (kinda like a Y shape but with more curve in the upper Y part then a tyepwriten letter has)and then widens again at the bottom. A stiletto will normally only curve (if at all) on the interior side (appears straight down from the side towards the back of the shoe) but narrows to a point at the bottom of it. A pump however will be wider all the way down with a less obvious narrowing to the end (typically also with a rounded toe front vs a point).
stacked heels refers to a solid square shape (or others) that have no narrowing from the base of the shoe to point where they would hit the ground and often provide a more stable surface and create a more solid looking shoe.

As to the pants..woud you want to pack up your office for painting in a skirt?

pogo
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
I am very upset! I am about to make my list to go to the :cart:, and thought, "hmmm. That meatloaf at Prime Time last week was so good, I'm going to try to make it." So I go to the recipe section here on I-COT and what's the first ingredient? VEAL! I don't do veal! I am horrified that I ate veal and didn't know it! The menu doesn't warn you that that's what's in it! Momma's not happy!
Now I wonder if I had some shark fin hot dog, too. Oh, I hate that. I never eat veal either ! :noway: Thanks for telling us about it. :D

Nikki, have you seen www.flysyracuse.com? It's a new site that helps you find the cheapest fares when flying out of Syracuse. Take a look.
AW... OH.....:stop: isn't that an illegal link ? :hide2: Your going to be in trouble ! :D

pogo
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
As to the pants..woud you want to pack up your office for painting in a skirt?
OK..... how can I answer this ? I'm not Alex !:D

Jared
10-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Hey Jared, I was wondering where you were. Not procrastinating as much today?

I won't be flying out of 'Cuse for this trip, but that's really good info to know! Thanks!
I'm not sure where I've been today. Did you send out a search party? I have to leave for class in 15 minutes, but it's raining and gross outside. Do I have to go?

So - what's everyone having for dinner? (Sorry to hear you won't be making that meatloaf, Christine... I don't do veal, either. :ack: Once I saw those little "houses" they put them in... :mad:) Anyway -- maybe it would taste similar with regular meat? I'd still try it...

I think I'm going to go check out the recipe board... maybe I'll be inspired!! :blush:
Try making the meatloaf with regular beef, and I bet you'll still like it. The concept of veal makes me nauseous.

As for dinner tonight, I'm still digesting lunch. Can I get back to you?

AW... OH.....:stop: isn't that an illegal link ? :hide2: Your going to be in trouble ! :D
Did you have to say something? I almost got away with it!

How could the weather go form 80 degrees and beautiful to 60 degrees and disgusting in less than one day?

Mickey'sGirl
10-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Why no veal? Is it a moral or taste thing?Don't get me going about the reckless cruelty involved in harvesting shark fins....for soup or supposed joint therapies.... :rant: :rant: :rant:

It is strictly a moral thing. I did a speech in college about animal cruelty that has stuck with me ever since. The videos I've seen, the things I've read...just horrifying. With me it was a Grade 8 Social Studies course. I will never knowingly eat veal again....I actually stopped eating meat for about 4 years due to that course...

So - what's everyone having for dinner? (Sorry to hear you won't be making that meatloaf, Christine... I don't do veal, either. :ack: Once I saw those little "houses" they put them in... :mad:) Anyway -- maybe it would taste similar with regular meat? I'd still try it... We had meatloaf on Sunday. I made it in a Bundt pan, and put slices of Pancetta on top, and lots of veggies inside of it. The kids wolfed it down (I have to hide my kids meat in their veggies, unlike the rest of the world!)

Terrific news Cousin!

Anyone get my coffee yet?:mickey:

BriarRose0708
10-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh, I hate that. I never eat veal either ! :noway: Thanks for telling us about it. :D

Veal is something I don't eat either, and I come from an Italian family!

Shame shame, Jared. Where's Rhonda and her :nono: when you need her?

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 03:28 PM
How could the weather go form 80 degrees and beautiful to 60 degrees and disgusting in less than one day?
Easy... it's Syracuse!! :D

We had meatloaf on Sunday. I made it in a Bundt pan, and put slices of Pancetta on top, and lots of veggies inside of it. The kids wolfed it down (I have to hide my kids meat in their veggies, unlike the rest of the world!)

:laughing: Wanna switch?? :D Sounds yummy!

Okay -- I got some good recipes... my favorite?? Kunglaoosh!! Forgot it was there... now I know what I'm trying Friday night!! (No, not for dinner, although that's an idea... :D)

Hmmm... where'd that question go??

ElenitaB
10-23-2007, 03:53 PM
I've been so busy today doing stuff that's not what I'm actually supposed to be doing. I'm such a basket case since the Meet.

That's neat! Then they can interview you again when you're 100% recovered to tell your experience of surviving it all!

Olivia's is Nov. 4. I am thinking of taking her to Bee Movie. I really think it should be funny with Jerry Seinfeld, but the previews do NOTHING for me??

Okay, what's Facebook? Is there a dunce smiley?
Not that's a nice thought, Christine! I'm going to hold onto that one! :cloud9:

I haven't been too intrigued by the Bee Movie either. Just not ready to run and buy tickets.

Facebook was originally conceived as a networking site for college students, but then business encroached and now just about anyone can get on it. (Am I right, Jared?) My firm was one of the first to be on, so that's why I'm there.

It really is. Do you remember me teaching you about how the dark rum got to be dark??????
What about us? Do we get to learn why? If I do ever get down to Nicaragua, I'll bring you all back some truly great rum, Flor de Caña Añejo.

Oh, Ken. I can see you lending her a cane. But Ben-Gay, do you really want it back?

We have some leftover after the emergency bottle we had to buy after eating at Lotus Blossom Cafe. Are you sending DDDS to pick it up?

I've actually been wondering about this and if the smoke is affecting flying conditions at the area airports. Here's some :pixie: that your trip goes off without a hitch.

I am in great spirits. Met a wonderful man yesterday and my heart is pitter pattering :cloud9:I feel like a schoolgirl. Can you see me blushing? Can your heart skip a beat after only one evening of conversation? Or is that just in Disney fairy tales?
Oh, this sounds wonderful! I'm really happy for you!

Do you think she believe's me ?
That's such wonderful news about your mom! :thumbsup: I've heard of chemo affecting your hearing but not your eye sight. So I'm guessing she just thinks you're :crazy:

I knew I liked you! I can't stand Pepto either. And my DH can drink it like soda!
I'm guessing he likes wintergreen, eh?

Why can't they come up with a tablet instead of the yucky liquid?
They did! Maybe your mom just wanted to torture you. ;)

So - what's everyone having for dinner? (Sorry to hear you won't be making that meatloaf, Christine... I don't do veal, either. :ack: Once I saw those little "houses" they put them in...) Anyway -- maybe it would taste similar with regular meat? I'd still try it.
Ben's having grilled pork chops and mashed potatoes and I'm having Jenny Craig meatloaf (it specifies beef) and mashed potatoes. Does anyone have a recipe for broccoli rabe?
If i can't figure out how to cook it, I'll just make us broccoli. Gotta eat our trees! :D

disneydrmr
10-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks.... and, thanks for asking about Gary. Didn't I tell you about the results while I was in ABQ ?

Nope, you didn't tell me about it from ABQ... but it's great news and was definitly worth waiting for! I will keep praying for him!

Hey! That's ANOTHER Italian on the thread! Are we outnumbering all you non-italians yet?

I've actually been wondering about this and if the smoke is affecting flying conditions at the area airports. Here's some :pixie: that your trip goes off without a hitch.

Thanks for the pixie dust.. I've been jumping all over the web to find information... seems air quality at DLR is being affected, but so far so good. There was a fire outside of Anaheim that is now 100% contained. I'm now worried about my uncle and his family. They live in Chula Vista and the fires have now entered the city. He lives about 3 miles from the fire line.. he's not been told to evacuate yet, but they have made their plans...

BriarRose0708
10-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey! That's ANOTHER Italian on the thread! Are we outnumbering all you non-italians yet?

Ciao bella!

who feels like skipping out of work early and heading to happy :beer: hour with me?

Jared
10-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Easy... it's Syracuse!!
Why didn't I think of that? At least it's not snowing yet.

I've been so busy today doing stuff that's not what I'm actually supposed to be doing. I'm such a basket case since the Meet.

I haven't been too intrigued by the Bee Movie either. Just not ready to run and buy tickets.

Facebook was originally conceived as a networking site for college students, but then business encroached and now just about anyone can get on it. (Am I right, Jared?) My firm was one of the first to be on, so that's why I'm there.

I think everybody at the celebration has at least part of his brain still in Florida. Do we all agree a little more than two days is not enough vacation?

Renee Zellweger is the other lead of "Bee Movie." Fortunately, I don't have to see her face in this film. Am I the only one who thinks she looks absolutely ridiculous in every movie? Why does she scrunch her face?

Anyway, I'll probably see "Bee Movie", but it doesn't look too special.

As for Facebook, I don't know when it became available to everybody, but college students hate the changes. Unlike MySpace and other social networking sites, Facebook originally felt somewhat secure. Now, it's slowly become as sketchy as all the other ones.

Sorry, Ellen, but Facebook should be for students only!

By the way, I'm not Italian but I really enjoy a good chicken parmigiana.

I have a story to write, but I'll be popping in the thread every few minutes.

alpro2
10-23-2007, 05:04 PM
And how many of you allowed Alex to hug you or shake your hand?

As Colonel Sanders says, "it's finger lickin' good!" :D

It is strictly a moral thing. I did a speech in college about animal cruelty that has stuck with me ever since. The videos I've seen, the things I've read...just horrifying.

November is hunting season. Time to go out and kill Bambi! (Just kidding...I don't hunt) :D

Chicken!

Hey Pisano!

BTW....I love veal!

... I did, and look who it got me?? Pic (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/WDWIntercotPics/photo#5121560305890513202)

Um, Blythe...who taught Dan to put his hand on his hip that way? :D

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the pixie dust.. I've been jumping all over the web to find information... seems air quality at DLR is being affected, but so far so good. There was a fire outside of Anaheim that is now 100% contained. I'm now worried about my uncle and his family. They live in Chula Vista and the fires have now entered the city. He lives about 3 miles from the fire line.. he's not been told to evacuate yet, but they have made their plans...
Sending prayers and :pixie: your uncles way... I sure hope the fire bypasses him!! And I'm sending some to you, too, that your trip isn't affected by this!! :fingers:

I think everybody at the celebration has at least part of his brain still in Florida.
:sun::stitch::mjump: What would make you say that??? :goofy::donald::sun:

Um, Blythe...who taught Dan to put his hand on his hip that way?
Why, Jack of course!! Who else???

Tink&Goofy
10-23-2007, 05:55 PM
So - did you make it his ringtone?? And where do you work, by the way? Do they ever fly you close to Syracuse? :)
Not yet - I think I willl surprise him! :D
Nope - never been to that area. Seems like I've been almost everwhere else!

EEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! PB makes me sick ! :sick: I can't even stand the look of it. I think I need a :marg: :D
I'm with you! When I was a kid I thought my mom gave it to me to make me get sick, so I would feel better! I didn't know it was actually supposed to CALM your tummy!

Glad your weather is better - ours stinks!!
Your welcome! I'm pretty sure you guys just got our leftovers from last weekend!:D

:here: You can just send him right down here, sweetie!!
I can hear the accent all the way out here!

A Beautiful day today - supposed to be 73 degrees. Came home a little early - not feeling great - and I have DD singing ensemble concert tonight. I have to see if those early morning drop offs at the school are worth it!:D (She has to be at school at 6:45am everyday!).
Will someone wake me up in about an hour, please?

Caroleh
10-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Holy moley, you guys were talkitive today. Does anyone work where's theres no computer, besides me?

Hey I mostly grew up in Mississauga! Small world isn't it?

Oh, your from my neck of the woods!!!

tp---eeeewwwww. Remind me to never shake Alex's hand.

Michelle, don't believe him!! Can you trust someone who wears pink shorts a nd a geen tube top?

Oh Di..... where are you birthday girl ? Time for your birthday spanking ! :D

Now I know why I like you, yet another thing we have in common!!!

You look like you might enjoy giving that birthday spanking. Watch out, Di!!!

Met a wonderful man yesterday and my heart is pitter pattering :cloud9:I feel like a schoolgirl. Can you see me blushing? Can your heart skip a beat after only one evening of conversation? Or is that just in Disney fairy tales?

You've met Johnny Depp? I'm SO jealous!!!! :D

That's great news, Buddy. Keep us posted, please!!

Thank goodness for that. Or should I say, we can only take one of Alex?

pogo
10-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Terrific news Cousin!
Thanks.

Shame shame, Jared. Where's Rhonda and her :nono: when you need her?

That's such wonderful news about your mom! :thumbsup: I've heard of chemo affecting your hearing but not your eye sight. So I'm guessing you just thinks you're :crazy:
:huh:

November is hunting season. Time to go out and kill Bambi! (Just kidding...I don't hunt)
I hunt. I enjoy the hunt. I do not like the harvest. But I enjoy the diners. Is there something wrong with this ? :D

Now I know why I like you, yet another thing we have in common!!!
Yes, we do. :D

You look like you might enjoy giving that birthday spanking. Watch out, Di!!!
I might !:D

trackbarroness
10-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I had my annual hearing test today and it came back the same as last time. gee what a surprise. Also did the line bid today at work.
Would you believe I got the hours I want? :cool:

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Nope - never been to that area. Seems like I've been almost everwhere else!

See if you can change that, okay?? :)

BTW - did you wake up on time??

Hi all - just zooping in from work... it's raining, so of course, we're busy... sigh... I'm tired of working all the rainy days!! (Although I guess the alternative wouldn't be so good, either. Work just gets in the way, doesn't it???)

So - who's around, and what's up tonight?? Anybody going to keep me company??

Caroleh
10-23-2007, 09:33 PM

I'm up until at least 11. It really depends on how bad the insomnia decides to be tonight. I didn't totally wear myself down at work today, so I might be up.

Is it Friday yet?

ElenitaB
10-23-2007, 09:35 PM
I'll be in and out, Blythe. Still trying to finish that article for work. :geek:

Anyone know of a cure for writer's block (that doesn't involve :marg: :beer: or :wine:)?

Tink&Goofy
10-23-2007, 09:39 PM
I had my annual hearing test today and it came back the same as last time. gee what a surprise.
Not sure if thats good or bad? My DD has hearing issues...:listen:

See if you can change that, okay?? :)

BTW - did you wake up on time??

Doubt I'll be going to Syracuse soon.:(
Yep - woke up feeling a little better. Now we are off to the singing concert! (Do you know we don't have a "singing" smiley?).
I'll back in later, and see who's around..

Christine
10-23-2007, 09:54 PM
I can hear the accent all the way out here!

WHAT accent??? :blush:

I'll just make us broccoli. Gotta eat our trees! :D
No, we do NOT!

who feels like skipping out of work early and heading to happy :beer: hour with me?
If you're waitin' on me, you're backin' up! :marg: :beer:

Renee Zellweger is the other lead of "Bee Movie." Fortunately, I don't have to see her face in this film. Am I the only one who thinks she looks absolutely ridiculous in every movie? Why does she scrunch her face?

THANK YOU! Everyone seems to think that makes her so precious and endearing...I think she looks constipated!

As Colonel Sanders says, "it's finger lickin' good!" :D

Oh, little al...:shake:

I better go help Olivia study for her science test tomorrow. Tell me if this seems a little intense for SECOND GRADE:
-List the differences between an environment and a habitat
-Give examples of 4 different habitats
-In which habitat would a fishing spider reside?
-Aproximately how many centimeters of rain will a woodland forest receive in a month?

:confused: Second grade! Does that not seem a bit much???

trackbarroness
10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
At least my hearing isn't worse, I think.
I'll hear about it maybe in 2 weeks time.
On the bright side I got the hours I wanted and the days off as well. Da Momma aint happy that I chose Wednesday and Thursday instead of Thursday and Friday. at least I'll be starting about 9 instead of 6. That's a good thing right? :D
Oh today's my friday b/c I'm off the next 2 days. Lucky me eh? lol

mouseaddict
10-23-2007, 10:21 PM
wow..my head is spinning!!! I worked all day and came home to find all of this chatter!
Ok, so I am already in trouble!
Alpro..if you don't believe in TP I am afraid that I really would stick "to"you!

What exactly have all of you been drinking???More importantly..Where do I get some?

Caroleh
10-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Alpro..if you don't believe in TP I am afraid that I really would stick "to"you!

What exactly have all of you been drinking???More importantly..Where do I get some?

Good for you Michelle...already picking on Alex!!!

Coffee, with LOTS of caffine!! Want some?

Jared
10-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Is everyone having a good night? Somehow, I was suckered into reading copy for tomorrow's paper, taking my old position from last semester for one night. The current editor is in New York for Big East basketball media day.

Ellen (and anyone else who knew me last semester), now I know why I left this job.

drummerboy
10-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Anyone know of a cure for writer's block (that doesn't involve :marg: :beer: or :wine:)?
A newspaper writer recently told me the best cure for writer's block is a deadline.

WHAT accent???
That's a question I often ask when I go back up north.

Tell me if this seems a little intense for SECOND GRADE:

-Aproximately how many centimeters of rain will a woodland forest receive in a month?

How much rain would a wood forest rain if a wood forest would rain rain? Nah, doesn't sound that intense. :cool: :D

Beast_fanatic
10-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Before I forget, Happy Birthday Diane! :party: :marg: Hope it was great!

Nope... I sleep like a baby.

So, you wake up every couple of hours, eat, burp and then go back to sleep again? :baby:

Got a recipe for chocolate gravy that I haven't tried yet.

Now see, that I can make. We actually called it chocolate syrup, but it was thick like gravy (and the few other people in the world that I've ever met that knew what it was called it gravy too).

Same system moved through here yesterday with the exact same results. Today was pretty lovely though, so hopefully you'll see that tomorrow.

(Do you know we don't have a "singing" smiley?).

Then what's this? :sing:

Jared
10-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Happy birthday, Diane! My cell phone says 11:59 p.m., so I'm just in time!

Do we agree that my cell phone tells better time than the boards?

Caroleh
10-24-2007, 12:50 AM
So, you wake up every couple of hours, eat, burp and then go back to sleep again? :baby:

:high5:

Where is everyone? I've had my 1 1/2 hours of sleep...Oh, well, I'll just curl up on the couch and hope that the cat comes and purrs me back to sleep.

Hasn't Alex been quiet lately? Diane, do you think he likes his "house" that we fixed up so much that he doesn't visit us any more?

Tink&Goofy
10-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Wine.....or rum......or the beverage of your choice!

Then what's this? :sing:
I looked EVERYWHERE for that! Maybe I need new glasses?:blush:

Where is everyone? I've had my 1 1/2 hours of sleep...Oh, well, I'll just curl up on the couch and hope that the cat comes and purrs me back to sleep.

I'm here - for awhile. Hopefully your kitty has snuggled in and you get some sleep!

Hey Blythe - are you having a busy night?

Dsnygirl
10-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Is it Friday yet?
Yup!!

wow..my head is spinning!!! I worked all day and came home to find all of this chatter!
Drinking??? This is just how we normally are!! It's a weeknight, you know! You should see us w/ a few :marg: :marg: !! :D

Absolutely!! I'll just set my mug over here...

:funny: :rotfl:

I'm here - for awhile. Hopefully your kitty has snuggled in and you get some sleep!

Hey Blythe - are you having a busy night?
I'm here, too... just when I thought I'd settled into a nice night, I had to go scrub a cesarean and then pick up a third patient. :( Hopefully things are a bit better for the rest of the night!

Are you guys still here?? Carol, you're making me miss my kitten... :(

Tink&Goofy
10-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Are you guys still here?? Carol, you're making me miss my kitten... :(

I'm here! :hi:
Back from the big concert. DD did awesome! She is in an ensemble of 16 (out of a school of about 2,000). :sing: (I found the smiley!!) Kind of weird to watch your kid sing in Latin!

Hey Jym & Pogo - I thought about you guys this morning - when a possum ran across the road in front of my car! No...I didn't hit it - so if you are looking for "fresh meat" I'm sure he is around here somewhere...:D

We also saw several deer this morning. It was so neat - it was just barely getting light this morning - and you could see their sillohoute standing among the trees. We get alot of them around here. Pogo - stay away - you aren't going to hunt them here!!

I really have no desire to go to work tomorrow. Is it really only Tuesday?

Dsnygirl
10-24-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm here! :hi:
Back from the big concert. DD did awesome! She is in an ensemble of 16 (out of a school of about 2,000). :sing: (I found the smiley!!) Kind of weird to watch your kid sing in Latin!

I really have no desire to go to work tomorrow. Is it really only Tuesday?
That's really cool... was it your DD13 or your DDalmost16?? That's great she did so well!!

Actually, it's Wednesday out here already... :D But unfortunately, I think that means you still have to go to work. Sorry!! :cry: Would a glass of wine help??

Christine
10-24-2007, 01:54 AM

That is too funny! :funny:

Are you guys still here??

I'm here, but not for long...John needs to do some photography work and is giving me the heave- ho!

I'm serving cheese danish in the morning...maybe it'll seem like Disney somehow :( . Would anyone like theirs heated?

Dsnygirl
10-24-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm here, but not for long...John needs to do some photography work and is giving me the heave- ho!

I'm serving cheese danish in the morning...maybe it'll seem like Disney somehow :( . Would anyone like theirs heated?
HI! Glad to see you!! I think you need to get John his own computer... :blush:

Are you going to fry the danish like they do at CRT?? Yummm!! I'll have some... even if it's only heated up... I love cheese danish!! :)

Tink&Goofy
10-24-2007, 02:00 AM
That's really cool... was it your DD13 or your DDalmost16??
Its DD16. (With DD13s hearing issues - you don't want to hear her sing.....trust me....

Actually, it's Wednesday out here already... :D But unfortunately, I think that means you still have to go to work. Sorry!! :cry: Would a glass of wine help??
Too late for wine. Its just about time for :sleepin:

Oooo! Could you save one for me? Otherwise everyone will chow down on them before I'm even awake!!

Christine
10-24-2007, 02:00 AM
I think you need to get John his own computer... :blush:

He's got a laptop...but we're both too lazy to get it and set it up. Isn't that pathetic?

Dsnygirl
10-24-2007, 02:47 AM
Too late for wine. Its just about time for :sleepin:

Oooo! Could you save one for me? Otherwise everyone will chow down on them before I'm even awake!!
Everyone?? No... just Alex... :D
Have a good sleep....

He's got a laptop...but we're both too lazy to get it and set it up. Isn't that pathetic?
Nope... pathetic is the face I just made after I ate a handful of sour Skittles!! :rub: :dizzy: :crazy: Wow... those things are potent!! They ought to put a warning on the label that your face might turn inside out if you pop more than one... ;)

Okay, well I guess it's just me and my computer now... have a good night everyone, and I'll see you in the am. (or rather, once you all are finally up!! :D)

alpro2
10-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Morinin' everyone. Where's the cheese danish? If Christine wasn't up so late, we would actually have the danish for breakfast (as opposed to her morning which is lunch).

disneydeb
10-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Morning Everyone, Have a great day! How is everyone going to celebrate Halloween?:mickey:

pogo
10-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Good morning all........ it's Hump Day ! For all of you dragging your bottoms around whining, "is it Friday yet ", you still have to get through today and tomorrow ! :thumbsup:

Why anyone would wish their life away is beyond me! I love Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and every day. I guess as we get older we can't afford to give a day back when we have so few to begin with. :shake:

Get up, get out, get going and enjoy your day. Just try to avoid Alex and have a great day ! :D

What exactly have all of you been drinking???More importantly..Where do I get some? Wow..... you actually came back for another post ! And why, oh why would you want to stick to Alex ????? :confused:

How much rain would a wood forest rain if a wood forest would rain rain? Nah, doesn't sound that intense.
:shake: Nice try !

So, you wake up every couple of hours, eat, burp and then go back to sleep again?
:blush:

We also saw several deer this morning. It was so neat - it was just barely getting light this morning - and you could see their sillohoute standing among the trees. We get alot of them around here. Pogo - stay away - you aren't going to hunt them here!!
That's OK... it's too far to drive.

Its DD16. (With DD13s hearing issues - you don't want to hear her sing.....trust me....
Sings like her mother ? :D

Morning Everyone, Have a great day! How is everyone going to celebrate Halloween?

I'm going to dress up like a short reading teacher with a funny accent and keep saying, "it's too far to come for a meet" over and over. :D

Caroleh
10-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Good morning all........ it's Hump Day ! For all of you dragging your bottoms around whining, "is it Friday yet ", you still have to get through today and tomorrow ! :thumbsup:

Why anyone would wish their life away is beyond me! I love Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and every day. I guess as we get older we can't afford to give a day back when we have so few to begin with. :shake:

Get up, get out, get going and enjoy your day. Just try to avoid Alex and have a great day ! :D

I'm going to dress up like a short reading teacher with a funny accent and keep saying, "it's too far to come for a meet" over and over. :D

Thanks, Buddy for reminding me to stop wishing for the weekend. It's just that this weekend is special. :D It doesn't help that I pulled the muscles in my back on Monday and it's killing me. Sometimes being the boss isn't easy since most of my staff is older then me, I'm left doing all the heavy lifting, sore back and all.

For the Halloween costume...:funny: I'm debating whether or not to wear a bellydance outfit..it'll probably be not because it shows my midriff and that's against our dress code.

Do we want to see what Alex is going to wear?

Christine
10-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Morinin' everyone. Where's the cheese danish? If Christine wasn't up so late, we would actually have the danish for breakfast (as opposed to her morning which is lunch).

I'm up, I'm up! :coffee: It ain't perty, but I'm up! Here's your danish, here's some juice. Look! All before 8am!

How is everyone going to celebrate Halloween?:mickey:

Tonight our church is having Trunk or Treat, then this weekend Leeann's son is having a Halloween birthday party. For actual Halloween night, I have no clue. I guess trick or treat the neighborhood and do homework. Whoop de doo!

Pogo...you're a mess!

I hope you all have a good day. I'm going out with Leeann to help her get everything together for her son's birthday party this weekend.

Then I have to invent some kind of decoration for the back of my car for trunk or treat. Anyone have any ideas? I've never been before, but apparently we open the trunk of our car (I have a 4-Runner so it opens up the whole back), have it decorated, and sit there passing out candy as the kids come by.

offwego
10-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Morning a zoop to say hi all! Any more danish left?

They are still painting so I'll only be eating virtual food today as it smells awful! (and is soo messy)

Hope you all have a great day!

disneydrmr
10-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Good morning everyone! Why is everyone so chatty lately? Cooler temps making everyone a bit more perky maybe?

As Colonel Sanders says, "it's finger lickin' good!"

:shake:

Sending prayers and :pixie: your uncles way... I sure hope the fire bypasses him!! And I'm sending some to you, too, that your trip isn't affected by this!!

Thank you... by the grace of God the winds shifted and the danger to Chula Vista ended quickly so my uncle is safe. I know this could change at any moment with the conditions out there... still hoping for the best for my trip...just 7 more days....

Anyone know of a cure for writer's block ?

I've heard that writing is a good cure for writer's block! :D

Don't forget our flavored cappacinos... this bunch seems to be addicted pretty badly to Timmies! (esp. our Canadian contingent)

How much rain would a wood forest rain if a wood forest would rain rain?

That's good Ken! How long did it take you to come up with that one? :D

Before I forget, Happy Birthday Diane! Hope it was great!

Thanks Rhonda! It was quite nice actually! Didn't get a birthday cake though... think Alex might have "hijacked" the bakery truck?

Happy birthday, Diane! My cell phone says 11:59 p.m., so I'm just in time!

Do we agree that my cell phone tells better time than the boards?

Thanks Jared! And at my end here the Icot boards seem to run about 5 minutes faster than what my work clocks show (though I think every single clock in this building has a different time.. think they are trying to keep us confused so we won't know for sure when it's time to go home? :confused: )

Hasn't Alex been quiet lately? Diane, do you think he likes his "house" that we fixed up so much that he doesn't visit us any more?

Um, didn't you create a 'sand trip' that was made out of quick sand? Maybe we should send a rescue party to search for him around there?

Hey Jym & Pogo - I thought about you guys this morning - when a possum ran across the road in front of my car! No...I didn't hit it - so if you are looking for "fresh meat" I'm sure he is around here somewhere...

I've been seeing lots of deer around my area also. The other day I saw a pack of THREE coyotes!!! Quite exciting, until I realized that they were only a few miles from my house...I'll have to keep a better eye on my doggies when I let them out to do their business.

I'm serving cheese danish in the morning...maybe it'll seem like Disney somehow . Would anyone like theirs heated?

YUM! A warm cheese danish sounds lovely! Would go great with my hot chocolate! Hmmm.. can you make about 40 of them for me so I can bring them into work...seems I 'forgot' the office 'rule' that you are to bring donuts or bagels in for your birthday and everyone was asking me where they were...

Who said Christine was up so late? Maybe she was up so early! :D

Morning Everyone, Have a great day! How is everyone going to celebrate Halloween?

Morning to you too! Hope you have a great day also! I don't celebrate Halloween. And this year I will be finishing up last minute packing, going to my yearly OB exam, and going to bed by 7:30pm I hope cause I have to wake up at 2am the next day to catch my flight to Disneyland!

Good morning all........ it's Hump Day ! For all of you dragging your bottoms around whining, "is it Friday yet ", you still have to get through today and tomorrow !
Why anyone would wish their life away is beyond me! I love Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and every day. I guess as we get older we can't afford to give a day back when we have so few to begin with.

Get up, get out, get going and enjoy your day. Just try to avoid Alex and have a great day !

"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it"... does that sum up what you were trying to say?

Tonight our church is having Trunk or Treat, then this weekend Leeann's son is having a Halloween birthday party. For actual Halloween night, I have no clue. I guess trick or treat the neighborhood and do homework. Whoop de doo!

Then I have to invent some kind of decoration for the back of my car for trunk or treat. Anyone have any ideas? I've never been before, but apparently we open the trunk of our car (I have a 4-Runner so it opens up the whole back), have it decorated, and sit there passing out candy as the kids come by.

I know a lot of churches in my area that do the Trunk or Treat...seems to be a big hit! Get some black and orange streamers and maybe a couple of pumpkins with lights, some orange and black balloons... (nothing 'evil' - remember - you will be in a church parking lot) Have fun! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

drummerboy
10-24-2007, 09:53 AM
That's good Ken! How long did it take you to come up with that one? :D
I was in the middle of adding to the script at DD's request, so the muse was already with me. :thumbsup:

Um, didn't you create a 'sand trip' that was made out of quick sand? Maybe we should send a rescue party to search for him around there?
Does somebody need DDRS (Drummerboy Discount Rescue Services)? I'll send somebody out as soon as they can find the bungees.

Caroleh
10-24-2007, 10:05 AM
They are still painting so I'll only be eating virtual food today as it smells awful! (and is soo messy)

Natalie, is this a health and safety issue? After 3 days of training, I know they said something about the smell of a nail salon was bothering a store and the mall had to do something about it.

Does somebody need DDRS (Drummerboy Discount Rescue Services)? I'll send somebody out as soon as they can find the bungees.

I was going to mention using DDRS, but Ken beat me to it. Isn't this the second time we've had to send them out for Alex? Both times after we "fixed" his place.

offwego
10-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Natalie, is this a health and safety issue? After 3 days of training, I know they said something about the smell of a nail salon was bothering a store and the mall had to do something about it.

Carol your so sweet! I'm pretty sure that if I wanted to I could say it was or something..but it sure wouldn't score points with the powers that be (and as management myself I know it's really not an option). We do have the doors open to the hallway for venilation. The problem is really the lack of warning to reschudule stuff (and privacy to do serious work). I'm not saying it's appetizing but it's more about my other nasty habit of eating at my desk and not taking a "proper" lunch break unless I'm with a client.

They will be done by today/tonight so it should be better by Thursday.
Someone else in the building said we should cut up onions to absorb the smell. Anyone ever heard that? It sounds crazy to me!

BriarRose0708
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM

I made Pogo laugh!!!! Yesssss!!!

If you're waitin' on me, you're backin' up! :marg: :beer:

I've got a stool at the bar reserved for you! What's your drink? I'll get a head start.

Morning Everyone, Have a great day! How is everyone going to celebrate Halloween?:mickey:

Morning Deb! How are you settling back in? For Halloween we have a huge party here on campus called Monster Mash Bash. It's on Sunday and I am actually excited for this one (I don't like Halloween that much). I'm recycling a bridesmaid dress and becoming the Lilac Fairy from the Sleeping Beauty ballet. No one will get that but me, but that's ok.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

pogo
10-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks, Buddy for reminding me to stop wishing for the weekend. It's just that this weekend is special.
Yes,this weekend is special.... and so is every day of our lives. We tend to take little things like breathing for granted,don't you think ? :D

Pogo...you're a mess!
Thanks.... I think you meant that in a good way, right ? :D

"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it"... does that sum up what you were trying to say?
Yep.... pretty much. :thumbsup:

Caroleh
10-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Carol your so sweet! I'm pretty sure that if I wanted to I could say it was or something..but it sure wouldn't score points with the powers that be (and as management myself I know it's really not an option). We do have the doors open to the hallway for venilation. The problem is really the lack of warning to reschudule stuff (and privacy to do serious work). I'm not saying it's appetizing but it's more about my other nasty habit of eating at my desk and not taking a "proper" lunch break unless I'm with a client.

They will be done by today/tonight so it should be better by Thursday.
Someone else in the building said we should cut up onions to absorb the smell. Anyone ever heard that? It sounds crazy to me!

Thanks, Natalie..I know what you mean about being management, you have to bite your tongue sometimes!!! I have that same habit as eating lunch in my office. That's why I eat crackers for lunch just about everyday.

Your office will smell like onions instead of paint. Which is worse?

Yes,this weekend is special.... and so is every day of our lives. We tend to take little things like breathing for granted,don't you think ? :D

Very true!!! We need to learn stop running around like chickens with our heads cut off and to stop and smell the roses.

What's for lunch today?

alpro2
10-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Caroleh
For the Halloween costume... I'm debating whether or not to wear a bellydance outfit..it'll probably be not because it shows my midriff and that's against our dress code

What will you do with your broom? :witch: :D

I'm up, I'm up! It ain't perty, but I'm up! Here's your danish, here's some juice. Look! All before 8am!

The clock on this post states 8:55.

Did you hold a mirror up to his face? :D

pogo
10-24-2007, 11:16 AM
That is NOT hard to do ! I'm a very happy go lucky kind of a guy ! :thumbsup:

Very true!!! We need to learn stop running around like chickens with our heads cut off and to stop and smell the roses.

What's for lunch today?
Nothing ! I've got to skip lunch today and get caught up on work. What are you having ? :confused:

Did you hold a mirror up to his face? :D
No.... she showed me a picture of you in your pink tutu at the "JQ" meet. :D

alpro2
10-24-2007, 11:23 AM
That was supposed to be private!

Originally Posted by offwego
We do have the doors open to the hallway for venilation. The problem is really the lack of warning to reschudule stuff (and privacy to do serious work).

So I guess you won't be on Intercot that much today? :D

offwego
10-24-2007, 11:31 AM
So I guess you won't be on Intercot that much today? :D

Ah I'd way rather they see this then someones financials don't you think?

Caroleh
10-24-2007, 11:41 AM
What will you do with your broom? :witch: :D

Gee, thanks for the idea..I'll be Harry Potter!! Do you want to go for a ride?

Nothing ! I've got to skip lunch today and get caught up on work. What are you having ? :confused:

A chicken salad sandwich, before I run to work. My dinner will be some crackers.

offwego
10-24-2007, 01:00 PM
so for the afternoon crowd I have some fresh (mind the paint though) coffee. Does anyone need some?

This is the first year DS won't trick or treat..and aside from the whole "I have a crush on a girl" thing this week this is bugging me. Who let's them get older?

BriarRose0708
10-24-2007, 01:35 PM
That was supposed to be private!

Ooops, I forgot :blush:

How was everyone's lunch?

Mickey'sGirl
10-24-2007, 02:00 PM
So, you wake up every couple of hours, eat, burp and then go back to sleep again? :baby: :funny:

Would a glass of wine help??Doesn't a glass of wine always help???

So I guess you won't be on Intercot that much today? :D :funny:

Hey everyone! Just got a call from Jym -- he's with Murphy1 and they were wondering about childcare services at Disney. It's 72 and overcast there if anyone is wondering. :D

offwego
10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=Mickey'sGirl;1456525
Hey everyone! Just got a call from Jym -- he's with Murphy1 and they were wondering about childcare services at Disney. It's 72 and overcast there if anyone is wondering. :D[/QUOTE]
Do they want to fly us down to help?

pogo
10-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey everyone! Just got a call from Jym -- he's with Murphy1 and they were wondering about childcare services at Disney. It's 72 and overcast there if anyone is wondering. :DI just spoke with him and he's getting ready to get on RnR and they plan on leaving today for Knoxville.

He said he is very interested in coming to our meet, even if it's Nov. 10th but he's not sure if he'll make it. :shrug:

How was everyone's lunch?:sick:

Do they want to fly us down to help?
I asked him for you and he said, "nope".

Do you believe me ? :D

offwego
10-24-2007, 02:49 PM
I asked him for you and he said, "nope".

Do you believe me ? :D

Yeah...most people don't like total random stangers looking after their kids. Even if said stranger has nice shoes.

So any paint smell removal tips folks?:sick:

pogo
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah...most people don't like total random stangers looking after their kids. Even if said stranger has nice shoes.

Do you really think you are totaly strange ? :confused:

Sure........ walk at least 150 meters up wind. That should do it ! :D

disneydrmr
10-24-2007, 03:22 PM

This mental image makes me shudder with horror rather than laugh... pink shorts and green tube top I could handle.. but Alex in a tutu???? :sick: (why am I hearing music from Fantasia in my head? :D;))

Mine was nothing to get excited over. A frozen diet meal of a salisbury steak and mash taters.. about 190 calories total (meaning only about 5 bites of food) So, what's for dinner?

Take a bath? :D

mouseaddict
10-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Paint smell removal tip:
get in car
drive to airport
take flight to MCO
spend week at fave Disney resort

That should take care of any paint smells!

What's for afternoon tea? Or am I the only one who does tea?

offwego
10-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Do you really think you are totaly strange ? :confused:

Sure........ walk at least 150 meters up wind. That should do it ! :D how do you get upwind from an office?

Take a bath? :D
and you can give me an idea of how to bathe a wall? and should one give freshly painted walls a bath?

Paint smell removal tip:
get in car
drive to airport
take flight to MCO

That should take care of any paint smells!

I like both your ideas better! Can I have Darjeeling please?

BriarRose0708
10-24-2007, 04:12 PM
This mental image makes me shudder with horror rather than laugh... pink shorts and green tube top I could handle.. but Alex in a tutu???? :sick: (why am I hearing music from Fantasia in my head? :D;))

:funny: If he were on pointe shoes that would have sent me over the edge!

Mine was nothing to get excited over. A frozen diet meal of a salisbury steak and mash taters.. about 190 calories total (meaning only about 5 bites of food) So, what's for dinner?

Nothin yet, I need to go grocery shopping. What are you having?

Paint smell removal tip:
get in car
drive to airport
take flight to MCO

That's my remedy for everything!!!:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
10-24-2007, 04:22 PM
My boss is on vacation this week, and my supervisor is "working from home", so I thought I'd make a surprise daytime visit to the boards. Are you surprised?

I suggest buying some of that fake spider web stuff and stretching it all over the back of the vehicle. It usually comes with a spider in it, but I'd also get a big spider and hang it from the "ceiling". At least it would be cheap and sort of "Halloweenish" without being demonic.

For lunch, I had a 6" turkey Subway sandwich (minus a bit of the bread as it's too many carbs for the entire thing).

pogo
10-24-2007, 04:41 PM
This mental image makes me shudder with horror rather than laugh... pink shorts and green tube top I could handle.. but Alex in a tutu???? (why am I hearing music from Fantasia in my head? Sorry !

So how does it feel to be another day older ? :confused:

:marg: or :beer: Either one will do.

I'm pleasently surprised you came back for more. You got spunk..... that's for sure ! :D

how do you get upwind from an office?
De de de ! You walk out the door.... determine which direction the wind is blowing from and walk into it ! :D

If he were on pointe shoes that would have sent me over the edge!
Sorry Nikki.... I forgot, you DID meet him. Did you shake his hand ? :sick:

My boss is on vacation this week, and my supervisor is "working from home", so I thought I'd make a surprise daytime visit to the boards. Are you surprised?
Very much so.... did you just drop in to give somebody one of these :nono: ? :D

offwego
10-24-2007, 04:43 PM
My boss is on vacation this week, and my supervisor is "working from home", so I thought I'd make a surprise daytime visit to the boards. Are you surprised?.

How cool! So does this mean you get to post more or just catch up on stuff you moderate?

And is anyone else looking forward to the end of the day? (I know pogo you said not to rush it but the paint really is making me :sick:)

disneydrmr
10-24-2007, 04:45 PM

I LOVE tea! I drink Mandarin Orange Green Tea (decaf of course) with a touch of honey! mmmm... I also like the Sleepy Time tea..again, with a touch of honey...

and you can give me an idea of how to bathe a wall? and should one give freshly painted walls a bath?

You get a bucket.. fill it with soapy water. Get a soft sponge and start bathing it... many would say you should not give a freshly painted wall a bath.. but it would serve the purpose of getting rid of the fresh paint smell - don't you think?

:funny: If he were on pointe shoes that would have sent me over the edge!

Nothin yet, I need to go grocery shopping. What are you having?

Knowing Alex he probably was in a pair of pink pointe shoes! Cause I'm sure even ALEX knows that you shouldn't wear high heals with a tu tu.. you might slip while doing a plie and break something...

I'll probably end up having some left over sauerkraut that I made with low fat turkey smoked sausage... I REALLY wanna lose at least 3 more lbs before I leave for Disneyland (in just 7 more days...)

I suggest buying some of that fake spider web stuff and stretching it all over the back of the vehicle. It usually comes with a spider in it, but I'd also get a big spider and hang it from the "ceiling". At least it would be cheap and sort of "Halloweenish" without being demonic.

For lunch, I had a 6" turkey Subway sandwich (minus a bit of the bread as it's too many carbs for the entire thing).

Ohhh... that fake spider web stuff is a good idea!

Have you tried the Wrap sandwiches at Subway? They are really good, and a ton less carbs then the normal sub bread... hmmm.. Subway sounds pretty good...

offwego
10-24-2007, 04:52 PM
You get a bucket.. fill it with soapy water. Get a soft sponge and start bathing it... many would say you should not give a freshly painted wall a bath.. but it would serve the purpose of getting rid of the fresh paint smell - don't you think?...

Ken where are you? Di is either still stuck in the 50's or doesn't know who was asking about this. She wants me to use some weird thing called a bucket. Does DDS have a company to help her with this issue? Housework to fix my office? I don't even do that stuff at home!

Dsnygirl
10-24-2007, 04:54 PM
My girls have a parade at their schools, and then a half day - rough life, eh?? They actually have our whole day planned out... I believe carving pumpkins, eating dinner, dressing up and wandering all over the village asking for candy from complete strangers is part of the agenda... oh, and stopping in at our neighbor's for some chili and munchies...

Good morning all... it's Hump Day ! For all of you dragging your bottoms around whining, "is it Friday yet ", you still have to get through today and tomorrow !

Why anyone would wish their life away is beyond me! I love Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and every day. I guess as we get older we can't afford to give a day back when we have so few to begin with.

Get up, get out, get going and enjoy your day.
Wow... ever thought of being a motivational speaker?? Who put happy juice in your Wheaties??? :D

I'm up, I'm up! It ain't perty, but I'm up! Here's your danish, here's some juice. Look! All before 8am!

:jaw: :faint:

Glad you clarified that... I was getting some seriously disturbing images in my head about the whole "trunk or treat" thing!! It actually sounds pretty neat!! I'd get some of that web netting and hang it all over, and some of the fun, sparkly black and purple garlands that have little shiny orange pumpkins on them... some spiders and some bats, some of those "forever pumpkins" you can carve and put the LED lights in them so the back of your car is glowing... put in the CD from Hallowishes... need any more ideas?? :bat:

Good morning everyone! Why is everyone so chatty lately? Cooler temps making everyone a bit more perky maybe?
Thank you... by the grace of God the winds shifted and the danger to Chula Vista ended quickly so my uncle is safe. I know this could change at any moment with the conditions out there... still hoping for the best for my trip...just 7 more days....

Can you believe how many posts we have already?? That's not just chatty - that's downright scarey!
I'm glad to hear your uncle is out of danger... sending some prayers his way that it stays that way. I was looking at pics on the web last night... how sad. :(

so for the afternoon crowd I have some fresh coffee. Does anyone need some?

Absolutely - bring it on!! thanks!!
I'm seriously not looking forward to my girls outgrowing T&T'ing... mind you, I think I've still got a while, but still... I think I enjoy the whole evening as much as they do!

Slept through it....

Nope - love it - but coffee's my thing when I first get up, which is 3:30 pm 3 days a week. Tea's for relaxing at night for me... :D

Yup!!! Does that mean I won't get to see you on here later with me??? :(

Beast_fanatic
10-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Have you tried the Wrap sandwiches at Subway? They are really good, and a ton less carbs then the normal sub bread... hmmm.. Subway sounds pretty good...

I haven't tried the wraps yet. Do they qualify for the "sub of the day" deal? I like only paying $2.91 for my lunch (including tax), so I only go on days that I like the sub of the day.

Yup!!! Does that mean I won't get to see you on here later with me??? :(

Nope, I'm sure I'll be on this evening as always. :thumbsup:

Jared
10-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Why are you so happy today, especially so early in the morning? I appreciate your sentiments.

If I were elsewhere, like in Disney, I'd be having tea. Sadly, the idea of tea in Syracuse just doesn't work.

Why is everybody so darn chatty today? I'm so lost!

drummerboy
10-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Who let's them get older?
It's OK. Mine are finally catching up to me.

I dont' guess I should mention my experience at Hoop-De-Do, should I? Suffice to say that DW was horrified and granddaughter was falling down laughing.

:nono: for posting on the sly. :D

Ken where are you? Di is either still stuck in the 50's or doesn't know who was asking about this. She wants me to use some weird thing called a bucket. Does DDS have a company to help her with this issue? Housework to fix my office? I don't even do that stuff at home!
Some people can be so barbaric, can't they? I would recommend DDPSRS (Drummerboy Discount Paint Smell Removal Service). Motto: "You didn't really need that nose anyway, did you?"

Dsnygirl
10-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Nope, I'm sure I'll be on this evening as always. :thumbsup:
Yeah!!

Why is everybody so darn chatty today? I'm so lost!
Today?? Why should today be any different??

I dont' guess I should mention my experience at Hoop-De-Do, should I? Suffice to say that DW was horrified and granddaughter was falling down laughing.

Yes, please do share -- what happened??? :cool:

okay guys -- I'm off to work!! Hopefully, I'll see some of you later!! :D

pogo
10-24-2007, 07:00 PM
And is anyone else looking forward to the end of the day? (I know pogo you said not to rush it but the paint really is making me :sick:)
I think you should go home, take two of these:marg:, and call me in the morning. :D

Wow... ever thought of being a motivational speaker?? Who put happy juice in your Wheaties???
Try this Blythe.... take a minute to think about the people that were in your High School Graduating Class...... now.... how many of themare dead already ? Get it ? Life is a short trip...... enjoy every minute of it ! :D

Why are you so happy today, especially so early in the morning? I appreciate your sentiments.
Always this way, my friend. :thumbsup:

I think I know the part you played. When they picked one of the guys from our audience for that part we about died with laughter. :funny:

okay guys -- I'm off to work!! Hopefully, I'll see some of you later!! How many pregnant women belong to our "JQ" thread ? :confused: Christine.... T&G......Diane..... Natalie..... Michelle ?????? :D

alpro2
10-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Blythe - help me here. The girls are picking on me again (that includes you too, Pogo). Can't you just tell them that I look good in my pink tu tu, green tube top, and pointe(?) shoes? :D

disneydeb
10-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Watch it brother, You are about to make, Jenn, Blythe , Ellen, ME, Rhonda, Carol and probably many others really TICKED off! Do you even care? Probably NOT!:mad: :D

Never mind Alex got you back!

drummerboy
10-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Yes, please do share -- what happened??? :cool:

I think I know the part you played. When they picked one of the guys from our audience for that part we about died with laughter. :funny:
Yup. How did you avoid being picked? :thedolls:

Tink&Goofy
10-24-2007, 08:58 PM
My girls have a parade at their schools, and then a half day - rough life, eh?? They actually have our whole day planned out... I believe carving pumpkins, eating dinner, dressing up and wandering all over the village asking for candy from complete strangers is part of the agenda... oh, and stopping in at our neighbor's for some chili and munchies...
You'll love this - guess when Picture Day is at DD5 school? You got it - Halloween! Boy somebody wasn't thinking, were they? I'm thinking of letting her wear her cute pirates costume! I can always take her somewhere else for portraits!

I'm seriously not looking forward to my girls outgrowing T&T'ing... mind you, I think I've still got a while, but still... I think I enjoy the whole evening as much as they do!

Thats why my older 2 liked the MNSSHP so much! They are beyond trick or treating - but not at WDW!!

How many pregnant women belong to our "JQ" thread ? :confused: Christine.... T&G......Diane..... Natalie..... Michelle ?????? :D
Ummm - NO

Blythe - help me here. The girls are picking on me again (that includes you too, Pogo). Can't you just tell them that I look good in my pink tu tu, green tube top, and pointe(?) shoes? :D
:funny: Hey Blythe - look who's wanting an ally!! You gonna help Alex out? Remember - you really don't want to shake his hand...:shake:
Alex, I thought you were trying to schmooz Michelle? She's new here - she doesn't know the real you! (but I think she's starting to figure you out!)

pogo
10-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Watch it brother, You are about to make, Jenn, Blythe , Ellen, ME, Rhonda, Carol and probably many others really TICKED off! Do you even care? Probably NOT!:mad: :D

Never mind Alex got you back!
:huh: ? What are you talking about ? Are you off your medication again ? :D

Yup. How did you avoid being picked?
There was a guy who stood out more than me. :thumbsup:

Ummm - NO

Hey Blythe - look who's wanting an ally!! You gonna help Alex out? Remember - you really don't want to shake his hand.
Alex, I thought you were trying to schmooz Michelle? She's new here - she doesn't know the real you! (but I think she's starting to figure you out!)
I knew you were one smart lady ! ;)

alpro2
10-24-2007, 09:19 PM
:funny: Hey Blythe - look who's wanting an ally!! You gonna help Alex out? Remember - you really don't want to shake his hand...:shake:
As Tom Cruise said in Jerry McGuire, "I had you (all) at hello"! (Ain't I funny? :D)

As far as Blythe, she knows the real me....you remember, I am the same person that Mikki said all those nice things about.

mouseaddict
10-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Dear Lord..NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!! My daughter will be 1 year old on Nov.9..she is the last...the urologist took care of that problem! (poor DH..there he was all vulnerable and the urologist said "OOPS"..:D)
I am wondering of we can get some pics of the tutu moment up on the home page here???
Trunk or Treat..loads of fun. With that SUV you could pull off a haunted house!

pogo
10-24-2007, 09:29 PM
you remember, I am the same person that Mikki said all those nice things about.

Was the Dutchess off her medication ? :D

Beast_fanatic
10-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Hey Christine, didn't you say something special was in store for you at Fantasmic? What happened? (I have no idea what made me think of that).

Oh, and Natalie, the pictures were great! :thumbsup:

Christine
10-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Sounds along the same lines of when someone complains of an ache or pain, so you kick them in the shins to make them forget about that pain! You all do that too, right?

I've got a stool at the bar reserved for you! What's your drink? I'll get a head start.

Oddly enough, I'm completely addicted to cherry vanilla cokes from Sonic! I think I've had one every day since I've been home from WDW! :tasty:

The clock on this post states 8:55.

And that is late HOW???

This mental image makes me shudder with horror rather than laugh... pink shorts and green tube top I could handle.. but Alex in a tutu???? :sick:
Actually, it's quite charming...it works for him!

Paint smell removal tip:
get in car
drive to airport
take flight to MCO

Love it! :thumbsup:

Done! It was pretty cute if I do say so myself. Hopefully John got pictures.

How many pregnant women belong to our "JQ" thread ? :confused: Christine.... T&G......Diane..... Natalie..... Michelle ?????? :D
Bite your tongue! :nono:

See above

As Tom Cruise said in Jerry McGuire, "I had you (all) at hello"!

This is true...and "goodbye" sealed the deal! :D

Christine
10-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey Christine, didn't you say something special was in store for you at Fantasmic? What happened? (I have no idea what made me think of that).

Have you not read my trip reports? :sob:

Beast_fanatic
10-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Have you not read my trip reports? :sob:

:blush: Ummm, obviously not. :blush:

Can you possibly forgive me if I go read them? I haven't read anyone's trip reports yet as I just haven't had time!

Tink&Goofy
10-24-2007, 10:31 PM
I knew you were one smart lady ! ;)
After the last one, NO WAY! Both me and my DD5 almost didn't make it. :doctor::nurse::ambal: Talk about a life changing event!

Dear Lord..NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!! My daughter will be 1 year old on Nov.9..she is the last...the urologist took care of that problem! (poor DH..there he was all vulnerable and the urologist said "OOPS"..:D)
She shares the same birthday as Blythe! And one day before mine! Hey Blythe, add another one to the November birthdays!

So who else is around this evening?

Caroleh
10-24-2007, 10:33 PM
There was a guy who stood out more than me. :thumbsup:

Was Ken there at the time?

As far as Blythe, she knows the real me....you remember, I am the same person that Mikki said all those nice things about.

They were sick at the time, delusional even!!! They were struck with pixie dust, where everything looks better, even you!!!!

BriarRose0708
10-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Oddly enough, I'm completely addicted to cherry vanilla cokes from Sonic! I think I've had one every day since I've been home from WDW! :tasty:

I LOVE cherry cokes from the fountain. They just taste better! And I am really enthralled by Sonic. We have the commercials here, but I don't think I've ever seen one in real life. I really want to eat there some day! Is there one in New York I don't know about?

By the way, in all fairness, I don't think I actually *met* Alex. At least, I don't remember. Sorry! :blush: (but I can still pick on him right?)

Zooping out, good night!

Dsnygirl
10-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Try this Blythe.... take a minute to think about the people that were in your High School Graduating Class...... now.... how many of themare dead already ? Get it ? Life is a short trip...... enjoy every minute of it !
Ummm.... none!! :D But I get it -- Dan always says I am "perennially happy". I can't help it -- I just always see the glass as half full!! :) But I still like to tease you -- you are just way more full of :D :D than even me!

Blythe - help me here. The girls are picking on me again (that includes you too, Pogo). Can't you just tell them that I look good in my pink tu tu, green tube top, and pointe(?) shoes?
He looked fabulous!! What a treat to see a real NYC guy dressed properly!! :D

You'll love this - guess when Picture Day is at DD5 school? You got it - Halloween! Boy somebody wasn't thinking, were they? I'm thinking of letting her wear her cute pirates costume! I can always take her somewhere else for portraits!

Hey Blythe - look who's wanting an ally!! You gonna help Alex out? Remember - you really don't want to shake his hand...

T&G, I think I'd be tempted to do the same thing - talk about a cute picture!!
As far as Alex goes... can't help it... I just like him! (Don't gang up on me, everybody!! :cool:)

As Tom Cruise said in Jerry McGuire, "I had you (all) at hello"! (Ain't I funny?)

Hysterical... and shhhh... don't tell!! Mikki and I are trying to keep it a secret!! ;)

Dear Lord..NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!! My daughter will be 1 year old on Nov.9..she is the last...the urologist took care of that problem! (poor DH..there he was all vulnerable and the urologist said "OOPS"...)

:party: I share a birthday with your DD!
How fun is that!! You should read back through the last few pages -- there are a BUNCH of us on here in November!!

Okay - it has taken me well over an hour to post this, we are that busy - I'll read more later!!
How's everyone doing??

Beast_fanatic
10-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Why does my stomach hurt? I think it's because I ate too many cashews.

Dsnygirl
10-25-2007, 12:01 AM
So who else is around this evening?
I'm here.... briefly...

Mmmm... wanna share any??

Christine
10-25-2007, 12:03 AM
:blush: Ummm, obviously not. :blush:

Can you possibly forgive me if I go read them? I haven't read anyone's trip reports yet as I just haven't had time!

Of course I can! I was just being "Pogo" with you! :drama: :D

(hey little al, ya think that one's gonna cost me?? :hide2:)

Christine
10-25-2007, 12:06 AM
And I am really enthralled by Sonic. We have the commercials here, but I don't think I've ever seen one in real life. I really want to eat there some day!

Oh my, sweetie, don't get TOO excited about it. They're not "all that and a bag of chips".

Are the kids still saying that these days?? :old:

drummerboy
10-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Have I told you about my run-in with a bag of cashews at WDW some time ago? :sick:

Oh my, sweetie, don't get TOO excited about it. They're not "all that and a bag of chips".

Somebody's getting o-old, somebody's getting o-old. :thedolls:

Tink&Goofy
10-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Somebody's getting o-old, somebody's getting o-old. :thedolls:
Aren't we all??:D

Natazu
10-25-2007, 01:55 AM
I just spoke with him [Jym] and he's getting ready to get on RnR and they plan on leaving today for Knoxville.
I think we'll hang out another day or two.
Surprise anyone?

Dsnygirl
10-25-2007, 03:31 AM

I don't know if the kids are still saying it, but Dan says it all the time about Emma!! ;) (that she thinks she's "all that..." etc... :D)

Surprise anyone?
Nope... not at all... but you might not like to hear the names Dan is calling you!!

I everyone having a good sleep???

disneydeb
10-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Surprise anyone?

How was Rockin ' Rollercoaster?
If it weren't for all the headbanging, It'd be my favorite ride!

wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Everybody have a great day!

pogo
10-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Good morning all..... wonderful day. Did everybody sleep OK ? Get up and at'em ! :D

Of course I can! I was just being "Pogo" with you! How can you be "pogo" when you just can't get enough ???? By the way... what does that mean ? Enough of what ? :D

Surprise anyone?

:shake:

I don't know if the kids are still saying it, but Dan says it all the time about Emma!! ;) (that she thinks she's "all that..." etc... :D)
Dan is getting :old:

How was Rockin ' Rollercoaster?
If it weren't for all the headbanging, It'd be my favorite ride!
Calm down Lil' Sis...... now I know why you are the way you are..... too much head banging ! :D

Have a great day everyone.... talk wit you later. :D

CanadianWDWFan
10-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Nope... not at all... but you might not like to hear the names Dan is calling you!!

So has Dan picked out his screen name yet?:confused:

Mickey'sGirl
10-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Can you possibly forgive me if I go read them? I haven't read anyone's trip reports yet as I just haven't had time!That's been my problem too Rhonda! And I really want to read them!

By the way, in all fairness, I don't think I actually *met* Alex. At least, I don't remember. Sorry! :blush: (but I can still pick on him right?)You would know if you met Alex. He is quite charming :blush: (Don't tell him I said that!). Do you remember standing in line to meet the Mouse with me and my family? That about did you in, didn't it?

Why does my stomach hurt? I think it's because I ate too many cashews.I have never had a cashew...and you know what.... I have never wanted one either. You know what I have always wanted though? A Toffifay... but they have hazelnuts, so they are a :nono: too..... :sob:

Have I told you about my run-in with a bag of cashews at WDW some time ago? :sick:Is it anything like the gross teeth in the water cup story? :sick::sick:

Surprise anyone?Shad up.

Everybody have a great day!You too Deb!

How about a little :pixie: for Harry today? He decided to try out for the "Junior Boys" Volleyball team this morning...and he was so excited he couldn't sleep and was up and dressed and cleaned up all on his own!

Dsnygirl
10-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Yup.... but I won't spill the secret 'til he actually truely logs on... :) Guess I'll have to behave myself after that, won't I??? :blush:

How about a little :pixie: for Harry today? He decided to try out for the "Junior Boys" Volleyball team this morning...and he was so excited he couldn't sleep and was up and dressed and cleaned up all on his own!
Sending some his way -- that's great!! I hope he does well -- I loved volleyball.

Sigh... well, last night stunk... we're just way too busy these days, and I'm not just saying that b/c I never get on the computer anymore!! :blush: We just aren't staffed for the amount of deliveries we're getting, and we have a new practice joining us next month that brings 30-40 more per month. Yipes!! We're hiring, but b/w orientation and getting new folks up to speed, it'll be months before they're truly a part of the system. I'm glad I took some vacation time over the next 2 months!!

So -- does anybody have a "Disney Patch" I could use to get my fix?? (you know, like the nicotine patch, just with mouse ears... :D)

I'm off to bed now -- hope you all have a fine Thursday!!

Christine
10-25-2007, 09:04 AM
How can you be "pogo" when you just can't get enough ???? By the way... what does that mean ? Enough of what ? :D

Ian is s'posed to be helping me change that soon. Hey Jared, can YOU change your own name, or do you need a mod to do it?

Shad up.

For some reason when I read this, I wanted to say "Ralphie" afterwards!

:pixie: :fingers: to Harry! Let us know how tryouts go!

So -- does anybody have a "Disney Patch" I could use to get my fix?? (you know, like the nicotine patch, just with mouse ears... :D)

I WISH!

Sorry you're getting so swamped at work. Isn't there anything else in Syracuse for couples to do??? ;)

offwego
10-25-2007, 09:05 AM
It's OK. Mine are finally catching up to me.Some people can be so barbaric, can't they? I would recommend DDPSRS (Drummerboy Discount Paint Smell Removal Service). Motto: "You didn't really need that nose anyway, did you?"
I'm starting to consider your offer. I've almost caught my Mom..she's been pulling the 39 and holding thing and now that I'll be 37 in december its starting to wear a little thin...

I think you should go home, take two of these:marg:, and call me in the morning.
How many pregnant women belong to our "JQ" thread ? :confused: Christine.... T&G......Diane..... Natalie..... Michelle ?????? :D I'm not a :marg: fan...but if you think it will work. And as to your second thought..Pogo how many of :marg:did you have? My son is 12...starting over again just doesn't appeal!

Can't you just tell them that I look good in my pink tu tu, green tube top, and pointe(?) shoes?
Yes another shoe question. Alex what would you do without me? Pointe shoes (in contrast to ballet slippers) have a squared off toe portion tyipcally stiffened and in some cases otherwise made stronger to allow the dancer to pefrom ballet moves that are done on ones toes. (you can do some with regular ballet shoes but not for any extended time frame let me tell ya!)

Oh, and Natalie, the pictures were great! :thumbsup:
Thanks! I think you can see how much fun we had in them.

I have never had a cashew...and you know what.... I have never wanted one either. You know what I have always wanted though? A Toffifay... but they have hazelnuts, so they are a too..... Is it anything like the gross teeth in the water cup story? !

Pixie dust on it's way Jenn...sorry about the nut thing that must be such a challenge! And it was a coffee cup (hence the fact I couldn't see the hidden lurking icky danger!)

Good morning all! (oh and yes icky paint smell still here!)

Mickey'sGirl
10-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Sorry you're getting so swamped at work. Isn't there anything else in Syracuse for couples to do??? ;)It's not now that is the problem -- it was what they were doing last January! You know what they say about heavy snowfalls don't you?

Christine
10-25-2007, 09:16 AM
You know what they say about heavy snowfalls don't you?

No, sorry. Here in Texas :cowboy: 'heavy snowfall' sayings are not too well known. :D

What's everyone doing today? I have to :mop: :dishes:. I am hosting one of my bunko groups tonight. I have to COOK! :jaw:

Anyone want to be a taste tester for me? :faint: :ack: :sick:

disneydrmr
10-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Morning! Wow, took forever to once again catch up with all you chatty night owls! This time next week I will be in Denver awaiting the final leg of my trip to Disneyland!

I haven't tried the wraps yet. Do they qualify for the "sub of the day" deal? I like only paying $2.91 for my lunch (including tax), so I only go on days that I like the sub of the day.

I'm not sure if they do... but they say you can turn ANY of their subs into a wrap..

How many pregnant women belong to our "JQ" thread ? Christine.... T&G......Diane..... Natalie..... Michelle ??????

I wish! But God hasn't decided to bless DH and I that way yet....

Was the Dutchess off her medication ?

Actually I believe it was established that Mikki was suffering terribly from a cold and was ON medication during the times of meeting Alex.. so her perception of him was made thru the fog of a drugged up cold medicine haze...

Oddly enough, I'm completely addicted to cherry vanilla cokes from Sonic! I think I've had one every day since I've been home from WDW!

I LOVE Sonic's Cherry Limeade! Mmmmmm...:cloud9:

I LOVE cherry cokes from the fountain. They just taste better! And I am really enthralled by Sonic. We have the commercials here, but I don't think I've ever seen one in real life. I really want to eat there some day! Is there one in New York I don't know about?

To me their food is of the same caliber as any other fast food place. But again, the Cherry Limeade can't be beat!

Sorry to hear you have a tummy ache. Hope you feel better soon!

Surprise anyone?

Hope you have a great time hanging out longer! Whenever you do decide to return to the awesome state of Tenn. I hope you have a safe trip! DH and I over the weekend were 'pushed' into purchasing a trip thru a Bass Pro shop thingy... we get 3 days and two nights for only $49. We have to tour one of their resorts (take about 120 minutes they say) and after the tour we'll get a $50 gift card for the BAss Pro Shop. We're thinking to go in May. Wanna meet for breakfast at the Pancake Pantry?

Wishing Harry all the luck in the world! Let us know how he does!

Judging by the smilies you choose to go after that question I would venture to say it wouldn't be a good idea to say yes to you...

BriarRose0708
10-25-2007, 10:35 AM

Oh Christine, I heart you! I haven't heard anyone say that since about the 8th grade. But we could bring it back! (I still want to eat there, anyway)

Surprise anyone?
:envy:

You would know if you met Alex. He is quite charming :blush: (Don't tell him I said that!). Do you remember standing in line to meet the Mouse with me and my family? That about did you in, didn't it?
I had a blast chatting with you, Brian, and Jeff in line! Your boys just have a lot of... energy? (was Alex in line with us too? If he was... :blush: woops.)

Good luck Harry!!!!

Sorry you're getting so swamped at work. Isn't there anything else in Syracuse for couples to do??? ;)

I was just about to say the same thing! (However, doing the math and being from that area, I think that's why I exist.... eew.)

Have a great Thursday everyone. Who wants to chat about Grey's and Ugly Betty tomorrow morning?

offwego
10-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Have a great Thursday everyone. Who wants to chat about Grey's and Ugly Betty tomorrow morning?

Grey's yes...Ugly Betty no as I'm watching survivor. So can it wait till re-runs?

Just kidding of course! I have more coffee if anyone needs it.

ElenitaB
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
OMG, are you all prolific or what? I thought I'd zoop in to catch up and say hi, but I'm just going to have to say hi and catch up later!

Yesterday I was in work-work-work mode and today I'm up to my elbows in tasks to be done. :D And, once again, it's a Thursday and no treatment for me. I've decided not to fret and enjoy the vacation. Too bad there's no umbrella drinks being served, right? ;) (Monday I'm seeing my doctor to see what the next steps are... CT results were "stable" which is a good thing.)

Nat, your pictures are great and YOU are adorable! Loved you before and now I have a face to associate with you as well. :hug:

Di, check out Old Navy (and their site) for your gray flats. They have some cute ones, and not too expensive.

Hopefully, I'll "see you all" later. I do have a lot of pages to catch up on, and I'm sure there will be even more by the time and I can sit and read. Someone send a coffee (and some no-cal cookies) my way so I can sip and read! :cloud9:

Oh my... look... the morning is flittering away. Does anyone really know what time it is?

offwego
10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Nat, your pictures are great and YOU are adorable! Loved you before and now I have a face to associate with you as well. :hug:

Thank you! But your seeing me at my best I think as I was really relaxed and happy. Most pics of me have me trying to get out of the frame...

I've often thought about picking up the little umbrella's for my coffee. Want me to send you some? I'm going to have to bear down and get some work done soon as well. Painters are gone so now we are unpacking and then I have 3 days work to do in 2..or is that five in 2? I'm confused..must be the paint.

pogo
10-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Somebody's getting o-old, somebody's getting o-old.
Sure beats the alternative !

Just for my little buddy. :pixie:

Ian is s'posed to be helping me change that soon.
Why would you want to change it ????? It's cute. :thumbsup:

I'm not a :marg: fan...but if you think it will work. And as to your second thought..Pogo how many of did you have?
Not nearly enough..... like Christine.... I can't get enough ! :blush:

DH and I over the weekend were 'pushed' into purchasing a trip thru a Bass Pro shop thingy... we get 3 days and two nights for only $49. We have to tour one of their resorts (take about 120 minutes they say) and after the tour we'll get a $50 gift card for the BAss Pro Shop. We're thinking to go in May.
Cool.... and after you buy in is your DH going to get a new boat ? If he does... can I come and fish with him ?

(Monday I'm seeing my doctor to see what the next steps are... CT results were "stable" which is a good thing.)

Here's some :pixie: for you and I'll throw in a couple of extra prayers as well. And a :hug: wouldn't hurt either. :D

alpro2
10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
You would know if you met Alex. He is quite charming :blush: (Don't tell him I said that!). Do you remember standing in line to meet the Mouse with me and my family? That about did you in, didn't it?

Thanks Jenn....you were pretty terrific too! :D

Why yes, Christine...I would love to! :D

Actually I believe it was established that Mikki was suffering terribly from a cold and was ON medication during the times of meeting Alex.. so her perception of him was made thru the fog of a drugged up cold medicine haze...

Why can't you be like the other great ladies on JQ.....Jenn, Blythe, Mikki, Christine, Ellen. Did I leave a few of you out? :D

I had a blast chatting with you, Brian, and Jeff in line! Your boys just have a lot of... energy? (was Alex in line with us too? If he was... woops.)

Nah....didn't wait in line. Do you really think that is Mickey Mouse? :D

offwego
10-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Ok instead of onions we went with a coconut airfreshner. Now I feel :sick: and want a cookie at the same time. And since our doors were "redone" this am and everyone else is out right now I've been waiting 35 minutes for a potty break since I can't close the doors.

Can someone tell me why we hired DDSP?

mtown71
10-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi Everyone!
I am off work today so I actually have a couple minutes to drop in. Don't have time to read all of the past pages. Man, ya'll have been chatty! :)
I finally managed to talk one of the docs I work with to prescribe me an antibiotic so that I can get rid of this sinus infection before the trip. The one bad thing, I can't take my stomach medicine with it so now, my stomach is bothering me again. UGH....
So, what all have I missed?
Nat, sorry to hear that the paint fumes are overwhelming you. Do you want me to have Di send her Stitchy-poo over to add the chili dog smell to it?
Hmmm..what can I do for the rest of the day?

mtown71
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Why can't you be like the other great ladies on JQ.....Jenn, Blythe, Mikki, Christine, Ellen. Did I leave a few of you out? :D

Am I included in this list yet??? Remember Alex, it is almost buckeye season here.;)

disneydrmr
10-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Di, check out Old Navy (and their site) for your gray flats. They have some cute ones, and not too expensive.

Oh my... look... the morning is flittering away. Does anyone really know what time it is?

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out!

Um, is it Mouse cartoon time? (meeska mooska mouseketeer, mouse cartoon time now is here! :mickey: - anyone know what I'm talking about or have I REALLY aged myself?)

Thank you! But your seeing me at my best I think as I was really relaxed and happy. Most pics of me have me trying to get out of the frame...

Since I haven't recieved the link to your photos I'm guessing I forgot to pm you that I'd like to see them also. Is it too late?

Cool.... and after you buy in is your DH going to get a new boat ? If he does... can I come and fish with him ?

Um, maybe your eyes aren't as well as they once were... I typed that we would get a $50 gift card - that's just FIFTY DOLLARS... I would hate to attempt to fish off a boat that cost only $50... and we won't be buying into anything. We're just going cause we love the Smokies and to stay two nights for only $49 - you can't beat that! But you could still come fish with us! It's been awhile since we've fished... but I think we could still find our poles and such...

Why can't you be like the other great ladies on JQ.....Jenn, Blythe, Mikki, Christine, Ellen. Did I leave a few of you out?

I see how you are.. :drama:pick on me because I wasn't able to make it to the Intercot meet...just hurt my feelings...I thought us Italians stuck together... and I even offered to send you a Disneyland postcard if you sent me your address... geesh... see if I'm ever nice to you again (wow, I think I've been around Pogo too long :D)

Ok instead of onions we went with a coconut airfreshner. Now I feel :sick: and want a cookie at the same time. And since our doors were "redone" this am and everyone else is out right now I've been waiting 35 minutes for a potty break since I can't close the doors.

Um, if no one else is there.. why would it matter that you can't close the doors?

Nat, sorry to hear that the paint fumes are overwhelming you. Do you want me to have Di send her Stitchy-poo over to add the chili dog smell to it?

Hey! That's a good idea! Nat - Stitch is on his way to save your day! :stitch:

Let's see, what can you do for the rest of the day? You can sit around and smell the roses! (literally! :D)

Am I included in this list yet??? Remember Alex, it is almost buckeye season here.

Ooooohhh.. you're right.. it's time to start rolling those buckeyes! Wonder if there's a way to dye them pink for Alex?

Jared
10-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much the last two days. I've had time to post, but you've been to chatty for me to actually catch up!

Ian is s'posed to be helping me change that soon. Hey Jared, can YOU change your own name, or do you need a mod to do it?

A moderator needs to change your name after approval from John and the other board bigwigs. You need a legitimate reason or complaint. Apparently, I was often confused with another user who had a similar name, so Gary and John agreed to switch mine.

And have you ever been to Syracuse? Now that Westcott Cinema is closed, there's nothing to do in the whole city unless you want to spend your life in a gigantic mall.

Oh Christine, I heart you! I haven't heard anyone say that since about the 8th grade. But we could bring it back! (I still want to eat there, anyway)

Where are we eating? I'm not too hungry now because I had a delicious chicken bruschetta wrap for lunch. Talie and I are going to Friendly's for dinner. Exciting, right?

Anyone not want to talk about those shows tomorrow because of the World Series?

I'll be around for another 30 minutes!

Beast_fanatic
10-25-2007, 03:31 PM

You left me off the list because you WANT one of the smilies that I'm known for, didn't you? Well, I'm not going to give you one. :fresh:

Well, I'm back on during the day today because I didn't go to work as my stomach still hurts and I have a nasty headache to go along with it. Robert just came home from work with the same complaints too, and he didn't even have any cashews. Christine, I think I'll pass on taste testing for you since my stomach already hurts. ;)

disneydrmr
10-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Well, I'm back on during the day today because I didn't go to work as my stomach still hurts and I have a nasty headache to go along with it. Robert just came home from work with the same complaints too, and he didn't even have any cashews. Christine, I think I'll pass on taste testing for you since my stomach already hurts. ;)

Aaack!!!! :scared::bolt::hide2: We've got germs! Ick! Break out the Lysol spray! Get the Clorox wipes! Get the Purell Hand Sanitizer out! This thread must remain germ free for at least another 6 days!!!

I do hope you feel better soon Rhonda! And hope Robert gets well quick too.. sounds like it's gonna be a chicken noodle soup and 7-up night at your house.

Why is it so hard to come up with a good question to ask?

offwego
10-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Get better?

Since I haven't recieved the link to your photos I'm guessing I forgot to pm you that I'd like to see them also. Is it too late?

Um, if no one else is there.. why would it matter that you can't close the doors?

Hey! That's a good idea! Nat - Stitch is on his way to save your day!
Stitch sounds cool. It's not to late at all to send me a PM...& I can't leave the doors to the office wide open and leave because then anyone could just walk in. That would be a little odd don't you think to walk into a bank office and have no one there.

So are there any cookies or am I out of luck?

Rhonda I hope you feel better soon.

pogo
10-25-2007, 04:35 PM
I see how you are.. :drama:pick on me because I wasn't able to make it to the Intercot meet...just hurt my feelings...I thought us Italians stuck together... and I even offered to send you a Disneyland postcard if you sent me your address... geesh... see if I'm ever nice to you again (wow, I think I've been around Pogo too long
Nope.... not nearly enough ! :blush:

And have you ever been to Syracuse? Now that Westcott Cinema is closed, there's nothing to do in the whole city unless you want to spend your life in a gigantic mall.
Jared.... you shouldn't do this to ChristineCantgetenough or whatever her name is now ! With the way she likes to shop and all the :spend: she's done already.... she's got to be getting broke by now, don't you think ? :D

You left me off the list because you WANT one of the smilies that I'm known for, didn't you? Well, I'm not going to give you one.
I think it's terrible that he has slighted you Rhonda ! You should be :mad:

Why is it so hard to come up with a good question to ask? I don't know....:shrug:.... I never seem to have that problem. Do you need to borrow one of mine ? :D

Dsnygirl
10-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Sorry you're getting so swamped at work. Isn't there anything else in Syracuse for couples to do???
Apparently not!!

It's not now that is the problem -- it was what they were doing last January! You know what they say about heavy snowfalls don't you?
And there you have it.... the real answer!!

Anyone want to be a taste tester for me?
Ummm... as much as I like you, based on your past descriptions of your cooking abilities, I think I'll pass!!

This time next week I will be in Denver awaiting the final leg of my trip to Disneyland!

:yay: :joy:

Does anyone really know what time it is?
It's 5 o'clock somewhere....

Ok instead of onions we went with a coconut airfreshner. Now I feel :sick: and want a cookie at the same time.

Now, now... there's the zoo, the MOST, skiing, skating, boating, kayaking, playing at the parks... museums, the symphony, musicals, operas, stage shows, puppet theaters... apple orchards, horse-drawn hay and carriage rides, pumpkin picking parties, dinner cruises, pubs, dance clubs, fine dining, dinner theatre.... shall I go on??? :D (Don't get me going on the "gigantic mall"... not a popular topic w/ me.... :mad:)

Rhonda, I hope you feel better soon!

How was everyone's day?? I slept through mine again and am feeling a little "out of sorts"... not sure why, though. I don't have to go back until Saturday night, so I ought to be content to just hang out at home... but instead, I feel all nudgy and coming apart at the seams. :( Anyone have a recipe for fixing me???

pogo
10-25-2007, 05:30 PM
How was everyone's day?? I slept through mine again and am feeling a little "out of sorts"... not sure why, though. I don't have to go back until Saturday night, so I ought to be content to just hang out at home... but instead, I feel all nudgy and coming apart at the seams. :( Anyone have a recipe for fixing me???
Well..... if your broke ;) have Dan try this. I'll have to put it in code..... family friendly, remember ? :yes: Here you go 418965y- xfbv;janejr=tm9w3u vnb;oknd :D And if that don't work have him try this 69FB;RKN'KBV[UGP;US lkcw0 ! :D

There..... that should do the trick ! :D

Dsnygirl
10-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Well..... if your broke ;) have Dan try this. I'll have to put it in code..... family friendly, remember ? :yes: Here you go 418965y- xfbv;janejr=tm9w3u vnb;oknd :D And if that don't work have him try this 69FB;RKN'KBV[UGP;US lkcw0 !

There..... that should do the trick ! :D

Wow!! Now if I only knew what those codes meant... ;) ... must be a guy thing... I'll be sure to show him when he gets home!! (I'm seriously hoping it involves cooking dinner, a massage, a good movie and some :wine: ... or maybe even just taking the girls out for oh, say a few days and leaving me with the remote and the couch....) :D But I'm thinking maybe that's not quite what you meant??? :blush:

Okay -- time to drag myself away and go do something productive... see you all later!

Christine
10-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Yes, yes I do! :mickey2:

Ok instead of onions we went with a coconut airfreshner. Now I feel :sick: and want a cookie at the same time.

Ummm... as much as I like you, based on your past descriptions of your cooking abilities, I think I'll pass!!

Smart lady! My brownies are "soupy", my chili tastes all separate (you can literally taste the tomatoes, beef, beans, etc individually :confused: ), my cornbread muffins will NOT come out of the pan (and they're in paper liners!) but my candy corn and saltine crackers are magnifique! :thumbsup:

Guests are coming in one hour...better go.

Who's got the number to Pizza Hut???

disneydeb
10-25-2007, 06:41 PM

HOw about Dan Dan the Disney Fan? :D

disneydeb
10-25-2007, 06:54 PM

:princess:I consider myself one of the "Great Ladies of JQ". :( I thought I was special. Like YOU!:D Aren't you special?

mouseaddict
10-25-2007, 07:00 PM

Alex..are you saying that is not Mickey that we all go to Disney to see? Obviously you are just not the person I thought you were...:sob:

So, now that I am devastated, how is everyone else doing this evening?

Nascfan
10-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Am I included in this list yet??? Remember Alex, it is almost buckeye season here.;)

It's always buckeye season in the fall. Ohio State Buckeyes!

Hang on Sloopy, Sloopy Hang on!
O! H! I! O!

Woooo! #1 baby! :thumbsup:

Now, do I have a question after that? ;)

Beast_fanatic
10-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the get well wishes, everyone! I'm feeling slightly better.

Aaack!!!! :scared::bolt::hide2: We've got germs! Ick! Break out the Lysol spray! Get the Clorox wipes! Get the Purell Hand Sanitizer out! This thread must remain germ free for at least another 6 days!!!

I do hope you feel better soon Rhonda! And hope Robert gets well quick too.. sounds like it's gonna be a chicken noodle soup and 7-up night at your house.

I promise not to breathe in your direction! And, I had chicken noodle soup for lunch! So, it's a plain baked potato for dinner. Anyone want one?

Tink&Goofy
10-25-2007, 08:12 PM
once again, it's a Thursday and no treatment for me. I've decided not to fret and enjoy the vacation. Too bad there's no umbrella drinks being served, right? (Monday I'm seeing my doctor to see what the next steps are... CT results were "stable" which is a good thing.)
Here's some :pixie: for Monday!

:humph:

You say that like its a bad thing...:D
You know, I'm sure there are a few shoe stores in there, so Nat probably COULD spend her life there!

I consider myself one of the "Great Ladies of JQ". :( I thought I was special. Like YOU!:D Aren't you special?
I think you're special Deb! :yes: We don't need to be on no stinkin list! :humph:

What a day! Don't plan on doing ANYTHING tonight - 'cept maybe some Christmas shopping online..
Anyone want to cook dinner for me? We're having spaghetti?

trackbarroness
10-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Did it feel cold to anyone else today? :D
Today's my Sunday even though it's Thirsday and tomorrow is my Monday even though it's really Friday. Confused yet? Lol

mouseaddict
10-25-2007, 08:41 PM
I understood you..Saturday is my Monday and Monday is my Friday!

marlyn
10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Can you do a happy dance????? :cloud9:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1457961#post1457961

ElenitaB
10-25-2007, 08:54 PM
A newspaper writer recently told me the best cure for writer's block is a deadline.
And funny about that, but that's exactly what finally worked.

At Ben's school, they're going bowling on Halloween but no costumes are allowed (ever). The following week they're having a pajama day though (like it's somehow supposed to be equal). He still hasn't really decided what he wants to dress up as though. HIs last thought on the matter was Naruto, but now, apparently, he's changed his mind but not telling me.

I don't agree with you often, Pogo, but on this I do. :thumbsup: Along these lines, has anyone seen the quote in Frankie's signature? Check it out... made me smile. (You still need to learn to spell though.)

Have I told you about my run-in with a bag of cashews at WDW some time ago? :sick:
We seem to be getting a lot of WDW stories from you lately. What gives?

I wish! But God hasn't decided to bless DH and I that way yet
I'll lend you Ben... but then again, he might make you decide against having kids altogether. ;)

Um, is it Mouse cartoon time? (meeska mooska mouseketeer, mouse cartoon time now is here! :mickey: - anyone know what I'm talking about or have I REALLY aged myself?)

Ooooohhh.. you're right.. it's time to start rolling those buckeyes! Wonder if there's a way to dye them pink for Alex?
They do that on the new Mickey Mouse show too! That's how I know what you were talking about.

When my dad was convalescing from some serious gastro issues, I "tinted" his Cream of Wheat light blue for variety. (I thought it was a nice touch... he wasn't too happy. :sick:) So if I can die cereal blue, you can die buckeyes pink.

HOw about Dan Dan the Disney Fan? :D
Or the "Dapper Dan"?

I understood you..Saturday is my Monday and Monday is my Friday!
Forget something, young lady? :nono: (Rhonda's not feeling well, so it's my turn.)

Rhonda, feeling better? :pixie: for you and Robert. Mikki, you all settled in again?

Night night to you all. I'll have the coffee ready in the morning!

mouseaddict
10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
:congrats:
I am a nurse too..was working nights but made it to days..now I work weekends (charge). I am dying for a Monday to Friday position!
I hope you enjoy the new position and the increased time with your kids!
:fingers: that it becomes permanent!