PDA

View Full Version : The new Jedi Acadamy

Hayden's Dad
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Has anyone been to the new permanent Jedi Training Acadamy. How was it?

DisneyCrazed580
10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
My 7 seven year old did it during our Oct 5-14 trip. We watched it a couple of times on Saturday, Oct 5th, and he wasn't sure he was brave enough to face Darth Vader. By Wednesday, he was ready to do it. We made a special trip to MGM with hopes of him being picked and he was. He now feels like "He's all that & more" since conquering Darth Vader and his fears of Darth.

amorillo
10-22-2007, 01:34 PM
He now feels like "He's all that & more" since conquering Darth Vader and his fears of Darth.

SWEET! :darth:

This sounds soooo cool! I wonder if my 13 year old will want to try this? I think my husband would do it!!! :D Can adults??

Can't wait to check this out!

Hayden's Dad
10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
:yoda::darth:It would be cool if Hayden got picked, I would have to hold him and we would have to fight together!!!

heidi614
10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Are there special times? Can I get them somewhere?

MickeyMousse
10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
This is something both my DS's will get a kick out of. My youngest is a huge Star Wars fan! :darth: I thought it was for a limited time only though, like during Star Wars weekends....it will be a great surprise for them this trip! :clappy: :yoda:

cydconn3
10-25-2007, 04:24 PM
The Jedi Training Academy is "so cool" according to my DS9 who was lucky enough to be picked.

The randomly pick 10-12 kids out of the crowd to participate. There were girls and boys. The kids seemed to be between the ages of 3-4 on the young end to 10-11ish on the older end.

We watched it one time and then went back again and DS was chosen to train. The pull them up on stage and give them the brown Jedi robe. The trainer gives the their "training light sabers" and then they go through a series of training exercises. :darth: It is co cute. When they are almost finished, Darth Vader and a couple of Stormtroopers come out and the kids each get to fight Darth individually using the moves they were just taught by the trainer. Each participant gets a graduation certificate to keep.

It was one of the high points for DS.

The times for the training are listed on the Time Guide you get when you enter the park. It was almost every hour for about 6-7 times each day.

Good luck being chosen...maybe the force will be strong for you....:yoda:

Matt's Dad
10-26-2007, 10:50 AM
:yoda::darth:It would be cool if Hayden got picked, I would have to hold him and we would have to fight together!!!

When we were down there last May, the Jedi Master actually selected one young man who was in a wheel chair. Only provision they made for him was that he entered through the fast pass lane to the right of the stage, instead of the stairs on the left side. Other than that .... trained with the others, robe like the others .... and .... yes .... fought Vader like the others. Disney is good.

I think this is usually good news .... but in this case, depending on your son's condition, it may lead to a happy child, but no light saber bragging rights for dad??

Hope your son gets picked, and enjoys it.