PDA

View Full Version : Idiocracy

diz_girl
10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Has anyone else seen this movie? It's the funniest move that I've seen since Harold and Kumar or Talladega Nights. There were signs for it at my local theater and I was waiting for it, but it never came and it went to DVD quickly. Why, I don't know, because it's a hoot.

If you haven't seen it and like comedies with the touch (or more than a touch) or the absurd, then you have to see it. It's on DVD now and has been on pay cable a few times.

The premise is a guy in the Army get selected for a Top Secret research project to put someone in a form of suspended animation (or some other form of stasis). The experiment is supposed to last a year, but a problem occurs and he isn't taken out of stasis but is eventually awakened 500 years later. In the meantime, stupid people have been breeding much more than smart people and the average IQ has dropped considerably. Hilarity ensues.

My favorite is the take on 'Who's on First' with electolytes and plants.

amorillo
10-22-2007, 01:39 PM
"I LIKE MONEY!"

Definitely an underrated flick! Very funny! :D The Wilson brothers always seem to pick great roles! Luke is so funny in this one!