PDA

View Full Version : Best camera settings for indoor and outdoor at Disney

MasterGracey
10-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I was wondering what ISO settings everyone likes for Disney. I'm especially curious about inside and outside pics of the characters and the dark rides like Haunted Mansion. Last year I took some pictures of the princesses at Askerhas without a flash, thinking it was bright enough already. The pictures came out horribly dark and with all the photoshopping I can do still look very fuzzy. Currently I have a Sony (may they rot in jail) P150 that is limited to ISO400. I'm looking at replacing it with a Canon Powershot G9 which will go up to ISO1600 plus has an optical image stabilizer. The Canon is also 12Mp vs. the 7.2mp of the Sony.

Altair
10-22-2007, 08:04 PM
:mickey:It appears your camera's lens aperature is always set automatically. Your max ISO of 400 is not the problem. Set you shutter speed to manual and set it at 1/60 of a second. Then go outside and try shooting some Halloween decorations. If over-exposed increase to 1/125 of a second, if under-exposed go to 1/30. At 1/30 you will have to hold very still.

This type of photography is very trial and error, you will round file many.:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-23-2007, 03:39 AM
Please, please please please x1000 do not use a flash on dark rides. The warning is there for a reason, one of which is the possibility of someone else on the ride having epilepsy and the flashes could cause them to have a seizure. And it would whoever took the pictures fault. So please don't be that person.

Other than that, I use the sport setting a lot for fireworks and parades (it takes several photos while holding the button so it will be like a film - also good for twirls and dances of princesses). But I also use my camera's manual settings a lot. Also, you'll get less pictures doing it, but set it to be the finest quality and the largest size possible. It will actually capture more detail and create more vivid shots.