PDA

View Full Version : Time in parks???

sigmaqt95
10-22-2007, 07:54 AM
We are making our first trip to DLR this week. We will be in the parks on Saturday and Sunday. I have been to DWR a ton of times and know the lay of the land pretty well. I am clueless when it comes to DLR. I will be with a 12 year old (13 on Sunday).

How much time do we need in the parks? Could we do both DL and CA in one day? I want to try to have a little time in LA as well as we have never been there.

Thanks!

elizabeth turner
10-22-2007, 09:19 AM
I am sure other people who have been more will be more helpful but I will put in my 2 cents.

Disneyland is shaped in the wheel and spoke design just like WDW. There is a central hub with the lands off of them. CA is more like a deformed circle with areas off of that. I think you will be able to do the major attractions in two days. We did them in three days during a summer month and saw most, if not all of the big rides and several smaller things.

I would look into a half day, or full day tour of LA. We looked it up on the net and found one that took us to all the things you think of when you think of LA. We went to about 17 to 20 places/attractions. Have fun!

tinkwest
10-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't count on seeing all you want to see at both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure in only one day. Even two would be pushing it, especially if you are interested in any of the parades and/or entertainment.

Moving this thread over to Vacation Planning to help you plan your vacation...... :mickey:

MegaDisney
10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
I agree with Linda that in 2 days it would be difficult to see everything at DLR without killing yourself in the process. With a little pre-planning you certainly have time to see a lot.

Maybe have the birthday boy use the Disneyland website to browse around and make a "must see" list. The website does have an option to register, then you can compile the list and print it. It is really helpful.

Have a great time and Happy Birthday to your son!