PDA

View Full Version : Possible Cruise in November 2008

Mollywobbles
10-22-2007, 01:38 AM
I've not yet paid the deposit for a Disney Cruise in Nov. of next year. So far I've got a quote from an online travel agent. If I want to reserve the cruise (with 3 nights at the Poly beforehand) I'll have to make my deposit today. I'm wondering what the weather is like during this time of year. The only cruises that I've been on have been in March and in September. Also how crowded is WDW and the cruise during this time? If I book it, the land portion will be Nov. 6, 7, and 8. The sea part will be Nov. 9, 10, 12, and 12.

jodijo
10-22-2007, 10:17 AM
We have gone a few times in Nov. We were often in shorts but had a few cold days. Last year, however, we did the land/sea package and hit rough sea's. We were unable to dock at Castaway Cay and the boat rocked terribly. Over half of the passengers and staff got sea sick.Be aware, Nov. is still hurricane season.
Hope this helps!

ElenitaB
10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
We cruised mid-November last year. We had very pleasant weather (70s and 80s) the entire time. It was cool when we debarked though (low 70s).

While our weather was pleasant, I'm not so sure what happened to the people who sailed immediately after us (Thanksgiving Week) as it actually snowed in Orlando. I have no idea what that cold front felt like out in the Caribbean.

Tavel
10-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I'll let you know via experience in a month! If it's anything like the rest of Fla though, I'm expecting everything from a heat wave to the 40s. At least the water will be warmer than during our last cruise (in Feb.).

wendy*darling
10-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Also how crowded is WDW and the cruise during this time? If I book it, the land portion will be Nov. 6, 7, and 8. The sea part will be Nov. 9, 10, 12, and 12.
For the cruise portion- just like on land- temps will vary widely. And it is still hurricane season.

The land portion of your trip will be a bit crowded. Not as much as Christmas or the 4th of July, but it will be crowded.
Those 3 days are during "Jersey Week" (when every public school in NJ is closed and we all head south ;)), Super Soap Weekend at MGM and the Food & Wine Festival. Also, in Downtown Disney, you will have the Festival of the Masters- a huge, juried art show- fun to browse.
So you will have busy days- especially Friday and Saturday.
Use Fast Pass and don't expect to do everything in 3 days. Relax and enjoy!

Mollywobbles
10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
For the cruise portion- just like on land- temps will vary widely. And it is still hurricane season.

The land portion of your trip will be a bit crowded. Not as much as Christmas or the 4th of July, but it will be crowded.
Those 3 days are during "Jersey Week" (when every public school in NJ is closed and we all head south ;)), Super Soap Weekend at MGM and the Food & Wine Festival. Also, in Downtown Disney, you will have the Festival of the Masters- a huge, juried art show- fun to browse.
So you will have busy days- especially Friday and Saturday.
Use Fast Pass and don't expect to do everything in 3 days. Relax and enjoy!

I didn't even realize it might be a Super Soap Weekend. That's cool. I'm not a big fan of the ABC soaps, but it would be great to possibly see some of the stars.

I'm not expecting to get to do everything. 3 days is not long enough. Since I go to WDW at least twice a year I skip some things on each trip.

I understand about NJ week. There's something similar that takes place during our Mardi Gras season. A lot of people from here in Mobile and those close to New Orleans head down to WDW. I went down this past Mardi Gras and the parks were packed (of course, it was also President's Week).

As to the weather it's going to be hard to say until right before I go. I think that sometimes there might always be some rough seas. On our first cruise (Sept. 2003) there was some rough water on the first night. That was it. On our second cruise (March 2005) our whole last day at sea was rocky. I didn't get sick, but I for about a week after the cruise I still felt like I was rocking.