PDA

View Full Version : Slowest Disney Time

TFrauts
10-22-2007, 12:10 AM
I know it has been asked a **kazillion** times....but what is the best month to go to disney...I am sure I read somewhere that is was the last 2 weeks in April....am I remembering correctly??

Mollywobbles
10-22-2007, 12:22 AM
The least busy times that I can remember have been towards the middle to end of January. Of course, with all of the new events (like P and P party) and specials that have been going on, even the slower months are getting busier.

WDW1985
10-22-2007, 02:37 AM
Is there truly a "slow" time at WDW anymore? I went during the last 2 weeks of April 07 and it was packed. Thankfully I had made reservations for dinner or we would have been sunk. I think it's better to look for the insane busy times of the year and avoid them like the plague. :thumbsup:

:mickey:

Altair
10-22-2007, 07:02 AM
The period from after Thanksgiving to just before Chistmas is the historic slowest time of the year.:mickey:

Jenemmy
10-22-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm not so sure about that April time frame -- i would be surprised if it were slow then. I have always heard that 3 of the slowest times of year are: 1) the week before Thanksgiving week 2) The week after Thanksgiving into early weeks of December and 3) most of January, excluding MLK day (jan 21 next year)

LibertyTreeGal
10-22-2007, 07:46 AM
I've never heard of April being slow at all. 2nd week of Jan to first week of Feb, and week after Thanksgiving to 2nd week of December.

CanadianWDWFan
10-22-2007, 08:06 AM
We have been at the end of April, first week of December and second week of October, all previously reported as slow times. Well, April was NUTS, it was as busy as the summer. October was busy, not a slow as we were lead to believe. Wait times were typically 1/2 hour, except Soarin' it was always well over an hour wait. December was the best for crowds, added with the Christmas decorations it is a great time to go. Weather was the only down side to this time. it can be anywhere from really cold to really hot, so you have to be prepared for the extremes.

On a side note, we were at WDW for the first week of January this year. Except for the madness of New Year's, we really noticed a huge drop in numbers after about the 4th of January. The Christmas decorations were up still and the Christmas music was stil playing at the parks, so it was a little bit sureal being in the Christmas spirit so long after Christmas.

Sinewiz
10-22-2007, 08:44 AM
I almost always go the first week of February and it's always very slow,,,by Disney standards that is. ;)

Belle's Mom
10-22-2007, 08:53 AM
But, will the middle/last of April be quieter this year since Easter falls in March? I know some schools (like mine) will have spring break the 3rd week of April, but don't some schools change spring break to coincide with Easter? I am hoping so since we will be there at CR and have all ADRs made!:mickey: I hope it won't be as crowded as June last year and not as hot either!:cool:

Through the looking Glass
10-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Have allways gone the end of April beginning of May. It has gotten busier and busier every year. With the Dining plan it seems to have increased even quicker the past few years. Alot of people I talk to can afford it now with the package deals and dining plan. I have spoken to guests who have stayed at All Stars and have spent less than 1600$ for a week vacation.

Seasonscraps
10-22-2007, 09:25 AM
I find mid may & mid september pretty slow.

The free dining jammed up the TS restaurants in Sept but the park crowds were not too bad at all.

TBY2225
10-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Up until September this year I would have said September, but it seemed much busier than the same time last year. It seems that previous post on this subject say
last weeks of Jan-first weeks of Feb,
September
last weeks of Oct-first weeks of Nov
first weeks of Dec.

diz_girl
10-22-2007, 09:56 AM
The least busy time that I've been there was the week following Labor Day. Almost every ride was either a walk on or less than a 10 minute wait, except Peter Pan and Dumbo. SM and Test Track were walk-ons and SplM and BTMRR had waits of less than 10 min. And the Tomorrowland Speedway wasn't bad. I don't know about Soarin'. The temps were in the low 80s because of Hurrican Ophelia sitting off the Florida coast all week, otherwise it probably would have been much hotter.

I've also been there late Jan/Early Feb and it was a bit more crowded than when I went in September, but I'd definitely go at that time again. The weather was cooler - from overnight lows in the upper 30s when we arrived to almost 80 and tornadoes in a neighboring county.

The only other time that I've been there was early June (when I was younger to avoid missing school) and now that I plan my own vacations I will never go in June again.

magicman
10-22-2007, 11:08 AM
The least busy times that I can remember have been towards the middle to end of January. Of course, with all of the new events (like P and P party) and specials that have been going on, even the slower months are getting busier.

I agree with the above.

We've found it to be slowest:
1st - The last two weeks of January
2nd - In September
3rd - Between Thanksgiving & the week before Christmas.

If reduced crowds are a very high priority to you, be aware of the parties & promotions during these periods (January - Pirates & Princess, September - Nights of Joy & Free Dining, December - Very Merry Christmas Party).

Zippy_D_DooDah
10-22-2007, 11:46 AM
We went the week before Christmas last year and it was very nice, very slow, for the first part of the week, but the crowds really started rolling in on Thursday and Friday. We were also there the week of Valentine's Day, and the crowds weren't horrible. It did rain a lot that week though. About a month ago, we took our first September trip. MK was virtually empty during EMH's and Little One's EMH.

I was a little nervous when we arrived on September 8th. We booked an extra day and were staying one night at All-Star Music. Check In was packed. I stood in line for what seemed like 30-45 minutes (Maybe DVC has spoiled me). It must have just been the Night of Joy Concert, because the crowds were gone on Sunday.

MickeyMousse
10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
I can not believe that there actually is a "slow time" anymore....back on our honeymoon in 10/91 it was empty...never to be seen that way again!! However, our January trip was the closest to slow and empty that we've experienced since then.

kbean
10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Agree, best time is the weel just after Thanksgiving, and end of Jan.

Disneyatic
10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
I have a question about the December time frame...we are thinking about going Dec 13th to 19th next year.
Is this the "peak" season or would just the last few days catch the heaviest crowds??

magicman
10-22-2007, 04:01 PM
I have a question about the December time frame...we are thinking about going Dec 13th to 19th next year.
Is this the "peak" season or would just the last few days catch the heaviest crowds??

IMHO, I would project the Christmas "peak season" rush to begin this year on Friday, 12/21. I don't think any of your timeframe would overlap the craziest of times.