PDA

View Full Version : Jogging stroller question

WDW1985
10-21-2007, 09:58 PM
My wife and I are trying to figure out whether bringing a double jogging stroller would be ok getting on or off the buses in Disneyworld? Has anyone ever used a jogging stroller in Disney as opposed to the usual single or double strollers?

Just wondering...

:confused:

Here we go again...
10-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I have never had to deal with strollers on the bus, and I never will... When I go with the grand kids we rent them in the park.

The busses are very crowded at the end of the day and there is nothing worse than watching an exhausted parent trying to get the kids, the packages and the stroller on the bus.

It will be hard to carry the kids to the bus if you do not bring a stroller.... so I would suggest something lightweight and easy to fold like an umbrella stroller.

bkfree
10-21-2007, 10:43 PM
No way would I have ever taken my single or double jogging stroller to WDW. Not necessary. Our kids loved the rental double and it was so much easier to do that. In fact, we have always rented the strollers there on all our trips when our kids were in the stroller stages and never once wished we had brought our own.

Flower
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
We have a double running stroller (by Chariot) and no way would I take it to the parks. You have to fold strollers down to get them on the bus, and with ours you have to remove tires in order to fold it down. They will NOT allow you to take strollers on that are not folded.

I ended up picking up a Graco duo-glide second hand before we flew down in Sept - IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!! The kids sit in a row and not side by side, very easy to manouvre and it was a godsend getting from the room to the buses and was ready for us as soon as we got off the bus so we did not have to stand in line for a rental. We flew down and Air Tran was awesome - we were able to take the stroller right down the ramp and fold it up at the door to the airplane. When we got off the plane the stroller was there waiting for us at the gate.

You don't say how old your kids are, but we were traveling with a 3.5 year old and 11 month old.

Also - keep in mind that the rental fee is $18 a day for a double stroller - it can sure add up.

Madame Leona
10-21-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm not for or against bringing a jogging stroller to the parks because I don't know a lot about them. However, there was a family staying at our hotel the last time and they had a heck of a time folding up the jogging stroller and finding a spot on the bus. I think it would depend on how quickly your stroller folds and how much room it takes up. I could be wrong, but I thought there was a post quite a while ago about the size limit of strollers on the busses. It may be worth checking into that also.

illini
10-21-2007, 11:59 PM
No way. Jogging strollers are too cumbersome to be dragging around on the busses. It's hassle enough with regular strollers, but doable. A jogger? Nope. I suppose it would work, but drive you bonkers in the process... along with everyone else on the bus.

SAHDad
10-22-2007, 12:05 AM
I would consider it, but only if I were staying at a monorail resort, and not taking the bus in any way, shape or form. We have two that will still be stroller-age when we visit in January, and we'll take two umbrella strollers. That way, if we want to split up, we could do so, as long as we each take a kid.

MickeyandTink
10-22-2007, 11:11 AM
DW and I considered taking a jogging stroller with us last month, but are so glad we didn't and took an umbrella stroller instead.

While I think a jogging stroller would be fine in the parks, no way you should take it on a bus. :noway:

Unless you are in your own car or using monorail, leave it at home and take either an umbrella stroller or rent one at the parks.

Dyanna
10-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Just returned 2 weeks ago & took our DD's (10 months old) jogging stroller with us. We found it very convenient for us. Did not have any problems with folding it up & taking it on/off the busses. It was great for her as she was able to sleep in it for her naps but keep in mind you will not be able to take it into any of the restaurants as it is too long. Would not hesitate to take it again in the future.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-22-2007, 08:30 PM
We didn't have a double jogger, we had the double graco duo-glider like the one mentioned above, also bought second hand. It was perfect for us and folded up for the busses. If your jogger folds... Go for it... No matter what kind of stroller it is... they are a pain to deal with, but a great help at the end of the night going to the busses and from the busses to the room. Some people will give you dirty looks getting on and off the busses... tough cookies... Disney was made for families, etc... We actually had more people willing to help us at the end of the nights getting on and off the busses. We met wonderful people on the busses who offered to help with bags, or help carry the strollers on and off. In turn we would do the same for anyone we could help. I also think your decision also depends on the ages of your kids... If they need to nap at the parks, etc... being your own stroller... it is so worth them being comfortable. The park ones are hard carts with hard plastic seats. My 7 month old would have never napped on that... but in her reclining comfy seat, she took 2 naps each day and it was wonderful.

WDW1985
10-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks everyone! You convinced us to not take the jogger. We'll take 2 smaller strollers. I can hear a thousand weary bus riders breathe a sigh of relief!
This discussion group is awesome!!!

:mickey: :rocks: