PDA

View Full Version : When was the last rehab at Old Key West?

KCMom
10-21-2007, 07:52 PM
My husband and I were discussing how much we really like OKW. We stayed there in October and we'll be staying there in February. Our room was completely spotless. All the CMs there were over and above friendly and helpful. Other vacationers were friendly and quiet. Olivias was yummy. We really love it, but we were wondering when it was rehabbed last? It doesn't really need it, but it seemed that maybe a light freshening might be in order. Just the bedspreads and maybe the couches and such. Please don't think I'm complaining, because it's a great resort. Does anyone else agree...or perhaps disagree.

vizsla
10-22-2007, 05:36 AM
I have not heard of any renovations that will be upcoming for any interior projects at the resort. But, over the last few years, they have done exterior painting on all the units, new gutters, and re-paved some of the roads.

Zippy_D_DooDah
10-22-2007, 11:22 AM
I was going to mention the painting. We have stayed at OKW twice since February and they were pressure washing and painting both times. If my memory serves me correctly, in February, they had some of the villas at the end of Miller's Road closed off. I'm not sure if they were doing interior or not. *sigh* what I wouldn't give for a Gurgling Suitcase pina colada, and some country fried chicken at Olivia's right now.

KCMom
10-25-2007, 03:39 PM
I have to agree. OKW does make a very good Pina Colada. They are my favorite. My friend didn't really care for their Margarita. Anyway...

I have seen them do some exterior work at OKW. The grounds look great. We were just curious about the interiors. They don't really need it. Thanks for the replies.

DonLefNY
10-26-2007, 07:03 AM
The interiors were rehabed a couple of years ago.