PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Before Christmas 3D

chrisb26
10-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Has anybody went to see this movie in 3D yet? I'm going tomorrow and can't wait! This is an awesome movie and I think it will be even better in 3D. The only bad thing was that it wasn't opened nation wide it was limited so I'm going to have to drive a bit to see it. I hope the 3D effects are great.

PirateLover
10-21-2007, 07:37 PM
I saw it last year. It was pretty good! The re-released soundtrack that came out last year was great as well. Some cool covers by new bands as well as all the songs from the movie. The only negative thing was I think the glasses were a little cheap. I started to get a headache at one point. But the picture was crystal clear and the movie was wonderful as always :number1:

Mollywobbles
10-21-2007, 09:38 PM
I saw NBC 3D tonight. It was my very first time seeing the movie. I thought that the effects were good and the movie was pretty good. I just wasn't blown away by it, though. It could be that I have seen the characters on merchandise before so it just didn't have that brand new awe factor to me. I have always wanted to see the movie since I've heard people talking about it and going crazy over the products. I guess that I may have had big expectations for it. I liked it well enough, but it wasn't a movie that I fell in love with.

IloveJack
10-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Dh and I saw NBC 3D last night. I enjoyed the 3D effects, and the fact that it was on the big screen, but didn't like the subtle changes to the movie.

SPOILER

Patrick Stewart (a voice I really like) no longer does the narration at the beginning and the end. The old ending to the movie ("each holiday now knew the other holiday's name...") is no longer there.

As this is dh's all-time fave disney movie, he was rather upset that it was changed at all. He thought it would be the exact same movie, with just 3-D effects overlayed.

Oh well. :(

Hayden's Dad
10-22-2007, 09:25 AM
We saw it lasat night, although I really had to hunt for a theatre near here to see it. The one that we went to wasn't far, but they were not doing any additonal advertising for it which I thought was kinda strange. I thought the effects were pretty good especially the end with the snow. I agree I did miss the naration at the begining, but overall I really liked it.

ChipnDaleGal
10-22-2007, 02:49 PM
This is my daughter's favorite movie right now, and she has never seen it in the theatre before. As luck would have it, we were at WDW this weekend so she could see it at DTD. She liked the 3-D effects, but would have preferred to see the movie in it's original form. But she was just over the moon to see it on the big screen. It was just lucky that we were there as it is not playing anywhere close to us here at home.

MPoppins
10-23-2007, 12:47 PM
With a somewhat silly question on this topic: Do you get to keep the 3-D glasses? Are they NBC themed or plain? :waycool:

Going to see it tomorrow afternoon - I'm very excited! :jack: Thanks!

ChipnDaleGal
10-23-2007, 01:04 PM
With a somewhat silly question on this topic: Do you get to keep the 3-D glasses? Are they NBC themed or plain? :waycool:

Going to see it tomorrow afternoon - I'm very excited! :jack: Thanks!

My daughter got to keep hers. They were pretty sturdy, actually look like a pair of weird sunglasses. I don't recall seeing any kind of branding on it at all, just plain black glasses.

PirateLover
10-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Patrick Stewart (a voice I really like) no longer does the narration at the beginning and the end. The old ending to the movie ("each holiday now knew the other holiday's name...") is no longer there.

That's odd, as I could swear it was in the movie last year, and it on the official soundtrack that was released last year. I love the narration as well.

My daughter got to keep hers. They were pretty sturdy, actually look like a pair of weird sunglasses. I don't recall seeing any kind of branding on it at all, just plain black glasses.

I wonder if that is special to DTD? When I saw it, they were cheap paper glasses that you returned, although I do think they had Jack on them.

Kenny1113
10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
I wonder if that is special to DTD? When I saw it, they were cheap paper glasses that you returned, although I do think they had Jack on them.

No, we got to keep ours also, they were also plastic glasses, like old school late eighties sunglasses. They look like the ones the characters were wearing in the ad. The 3D version of the movie was OK, 3D was subtle, nothing "jumping " out at you, but better than some 3d effects in other movies.

PirateLover
10-23-2007, 11:41 PM
No, we got to keep ours also, they were also plastic glasses, like old school late eighties sunglasses. They look like the ones the characters were wearing in the ad. The 3D version of the movie was OK, 3D was subtle, nothing "jumping " out at you, but better than some 3d effects in other movies.

:retracting my statement:
Just looked at the pic. Now that I think about it, we DID get plastic glasses last year, but I know that we weren't allowed to keep them. I think I confused the style with the glasses we got for the 3D portion of Order of the Phoenix in IMAX.

IloveJack
10-24-2007, 08:30 AM
We were also allowed to keep our glasses. They look like Harry Potter/nerd glasses, with clear lenses. They had no theming on them, though, just a brand name. What I'll do with them now, I don't know...

chrisb26
10-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Finally got to see the movie tonight! Although I had to drive 40 minutes to see it I thought it was great! I like this movie alot and I liked it just the same tonight. I was a bit dissapointed by the 3D effects I thought they could have done more my favorite effect was the snow at the end that looked great! We also got to keep our 3D nerd glasses I think it will work out great If I decide to be Drew Carrey for Halloween I'll have the glasses :D Although I do have to admit I was happy with the glasses I was expecting to get some cheap paper kind with the red and blue lense like they had for movies like Shark Boy and Lava Girl but these glasses where great. I even like them better then the ones they have at the 3D shows at the parks they fit alot better on my head ;)

Dracula766
10-25-2007, 09:54 AM
That's odd, as I could swear it was in the movie last year, and it on the official soundtrack that was released last year. I love the narration as well.

Patrick Stewart's voice didn't appear in the Movie back in '93 but he is on the soundtrack album.

I believe that it was originally intended for the narration to be him but during test screenings audiences would hear the voice and start talking about "hey, it's the star trek guy" instead of listening to the movie/

...true story :D

Steve Brown
10-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know if this is going to be re-released on DVD?

ASweetLov
10-28-2007, 11:31 PM
I wish I could go see it. My boyfriend and I are beyond broke. Going out to the movies is so expensive these days:(

pink
10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed already but I read that they're re-releasing this movie into the theaters and it will be in 3D just in time for this Halloween.

:mickey:

Strmchsr
10-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Again this year? I knew they did it last year but hadn't heard anything about that for this year.

NotaGeek
10-18-2009, 02:30 AM
I used the search function and found the post from last year and merged ... maybe I will get to see it this year.