PDA

View Full Version : Wicked

Nicola Ross
06-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi All

I have just got back from seeing Wicked!! And I had to let everyone know that is was truly wonderful!!!!.

I loved this show. I love the film The Wizard of OZ and was worried that it could not live up to my high thoughts of the film, (I watch the film every christmas and have done for as long as I can remember!! As well a driving my mum an dad mad by watching it over and over as a child!!)I was wrong, it is great!!

If you get the chance, go see it, it works really well, is very clever, wonderful songs wonderful costumes and wonderful actors, truly a show not to be missed. In fact I am looking for tickets to go again!!

Nicola

Auntie
06-16-2007, 10:59 PM
The music from this show is wonderful, and we love it also.:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
06-17-2007, 05:29 PM
We saw the traveling production in April and it was fantastic. The music, acting--all superb. And I will never look at the Wicked Witch of the West the same again. ;)

Speedy1998
06-17-2007, 08:09 PM
I have seen 30 musicals, and I have to say Wicked is my favorite.

ChipnDaleGal
06-17-2007, 10:54 PM
We are musical junkies as well, and I have to say that Wicked is one of my favorites. Such wonderful songs and I just love the story. I am with Beth, I have a whole new way of looking at the the Wicked Witch. She will always be poor misunderstood Elphaba to me now. Great show!!!

nicole48040
06-18-2007, 12:27 AM
My mother and I went over a year ago to see it. Because I read the book first, it took me a bit to warm up to the fact that it didn't have the same "darkness" that the book did. But once the music started......OMG!!!!! I was totally hooked. Several times tears welled in my eyes from the power of Elfaba's voice. And my mother, well let me put it this way....if you needed her to give you a ride in her van, the soundtrack WILL be playing and if "popular" comes on you WILL be getting sung too!!!:thumbsup: If you haven't seen it....go!!! And if you can't then get the CD!!!! Worth every penny.

SpecJoe Magic
06-18-2007, 02:50 AM
DW and I saw it in Atlanta in May 2006. We agree that it is spectacular. It's one of the best shows that we've ever seen. The music composer, Stephen Schwartz, has also written music for several Disney animated films. I think that's part of the reason why Disney fans enjoy the music so much.

cetacean01
06-18-2007, 07:05 AM
Best show eever. Saw it twice in NYC, first time with original cast.

Trivia: Elphaba's name name is made from the initials of the the original author of the "Oz" series..........L. Frank Baum= L F BA:mickey:

DisneyWhirled
06-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Another "Wicked" fan checking in!

Loved It!!

My kids (8&4) love the music as well!!

Jeri Lynn
10-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I saw "Wicked" in Boston yesterday and it was awesome. I would highly recommend it!!

rockydek
10-21-2007, 05:25 PM
It was awesome............

I saw it last year! I would see it again!

Wicked good!! LOL

NJBelle
10-22-2007, 12:08 PM
It's totally Wicked! I saw it on Broadway and loved it! Being the musical girl that I am, I listen to it on my iPod all the time!

I found the whole play on youtube last week and have been watching it over and over again. It's quite a good thing to have when you're sick. Very entertaining!

pixiegoose
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
We just saw Wicked yesterday in Chicago. We loved it! :thumbsup: I knew I liked the soundtrack (my roommate my senior year of college was obsessed with it and played it over and over- I thought I'd never get "Popular" out of my head!) and was happy to find out that I liked the story, too. I'd happily see it again (and again and again......).

cal5755
10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
We have never seen the musical.. hope to someday of course. We do have the cd though and my daughters 8 and 4 love the music. My 8 year old who is very talented in singing does "popular" very well. She loves all the songs but her favorites are popular, loathing and the one with dancing through life in the lyrics.

DisneyDudet
10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
I do have to say that Wicked is the best musical out there! I was in love with it before I saw it! I can't wait to see it again!

You will NEVER see the Wizard of Oz the same again after you've seen this musical. Its so weird how the "pre-quel" can really change the ENTIRE story for you!

ChipnDaleGal
10-30-2007, 08:31 AM
My daughter gets to go into Chicago next week and see Wicked again with her drama class. I am just green with envy, and I mean Elphaba Green!! The good news is that I am certain to be serenaded with the songs from Wicked for weeks to follow after she sees it. :witch:

Melanie
11-01-2007, 11:06 AM
So for all you Wicked and Ugly Betty fans - I just read that the musical will be making an appearance on this week's show. :)

tinkerbell04
11-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Another fan here. We saw it last winter and can't say enough good stuff about it. My daughter loves the Popular song! WE sing it in the car :)

DisneyDudet
11-15-2007, 02:41 AM
I have to say, someone snuck a camera into a showing of the OBC, and posted it on the internet! You can google video it. I downloaded it. Hopefully it will play on my ipod or zune for my long trip to paris!

I gave a copy of the CD to a coworker and I can't wait to hear what she says about it.

Every once in a while, I get on a kick, and thats all I do on the computer!

NotaGeek
11-15-2007, 03:29 AM
:nono:

What a horrible way to see an award winning musical. On a boot leg internet video. Ugh.

DisneyDudet
11-15-2007, 06:17 PM
I saw it in person before I found it on there. I was looking for the final shows of some of the actors/actresses... and it came up. I was pleasantly surprised.

ImagiAsh
11-18-2007, 03:46 PM
I love Wicked! I read the book first and then saw the musical on Broadway with Eden Espinosa. Two months later, I saw Idina Menzel in London's version of Wicked. Both were absolutely amazing!!:mickey: