PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Head anyone?

Experiment626
10-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi Everyone

Was thinking about a trip up to Hilton Head and staying at Disneys resort there. I don't know anyone thats ever been there so I was hoping for some input.

We would be going up the first week in December, anyone stayed there at that time of year? Hows the weather? Are there lots of shops and places to eat close by? Lots to do at the resort? We would be staying for 4 nights.

All opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated
Thanks everyone
:mickey:

medic9016
10-21-2007, 05:46 PM
We live a 30 min from Hilton Head. Dec weather is comfortable during the day and cool at night. The beach may be a little cool. We have worn shorts on Christmas day. Not much different than your FL weather. HHI has some good places to eat, local pubs and chain restaurants. The small Shelter Cove mall is walking distance from the resort. Bluffton has Tanger outlets 15 min away. Savannah Ga is a 35 min drive. If you like history Beaufort is about 30 min drive and Charleston is a little over an hour. Not may tourist in the winter but the summer HHI stays packed. We have never been in the resort, but the location is about mid Island on the shelter cove waterway. I think shelter cove harbor does fireworks on the weekends or a couple time a month.

McGoofy
10-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi Everyone

Was thinking about a trip up to Hilton Head and staying at Disneys resort there. I don't know anyone thats ever been there so I was hoping for some input.

We would be going up the first week in December, anyone stayed there at that time of year? Hows the weather? Are there lots of shops and places to eat close by? Lots to do at the resort? We would be staying for 4 nights.

All opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated
Thanks everyone
:mickey:

I think it is funny that you live in Kissimmee and are wanting to come visit SC, while we live in SC and always want to come down to where you are!! Anyhow, I live in Charleston, SC. I have never stayed overnight at the Hilton Head Resort. However, my husband has a conference every year in Hilton Head in January. This past January we stopped at the resort just to look around and eat lunch. They gave us a map of the resort, as well as paperwork about rates and that kind of thing if you have any specific questions that you would like to ask me. We learned that you do not have to be a DVC member to stay there. The property was absolutely beautiful. It overlooked the marsh and water that leads to the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway. In the marsh, there is a wooden sign pointing to the direction of Disney and telling how many miles away it is! The resort had a great themed pool area which sort of reminded me of Port Orleans Riverside at Disney. There were bike trails throughout the resort and one even led to their section of a private beach. There was a calendar which had all the activities that were going on. There were many activities that were just for kids as well as those that could be done as a family. The cast members are dressed like cast members at the resorts down at Disney, right down to wearing a neck full of trading pins! The property seemed really nice. I was not able to see a room, so I can't speak for that, but maybe somebody else will come along to this thread that can. My DH and I have talked about wanting to stay there for a weekend ourselves.

Oh, and if you want to sight see Charleston, that is a great day trip from Hilton Head. There's certainly lots to do here as well!!:mickey: