PDA

View Full Version : need help with transportation

tink179
10-21-2007, 11:55 AM
My family and I cancelled our ADR's for SPOA, and made new ones for Boma and Coral Reef. My question is how do we get to AKL for Boma from either Pop Century or from MGM Studios? Also, those of you that have eaten at Boma and Coral Reef did you like it??? Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

luvdiznee
10-21-2007, 12:00 PM
From MGM to AKL just take a direct bus. From POP to AKL, you should take a bus to MK first then take another bus to AKL. Have eaten a both and enjoyed both Coral Reef and BOMA. The lobster bisque at Coral Reef is so good. Have a great time:mickey:

SBETigg
10-21-2007, 12:05 PM
From MGM, you can get on the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge directly. To get to the AKL from your resort, you will have to get to Downtown Disney or a park to catch the bus to AKL as there is no direct resort-to-resort connection.

Boma is incredible. The soups are really amazing, and everything is so good. You won't have room to try it all. No comment on Coral Reef, but great atmosphere.

Jared
10-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Buses run between parks and resorts, so it's easy to reach Animal Kingdom Lodge from the Disney-MGM Studios.

If you're at Pop Century, the journey is slightly more difficult. You'll have to take a bus from a park or Downtown Disney. Animal Kingdom Lodge is closest to Animal Kingdom and furthest from Magic Kingdom. Consider where you're transferring to have the quickest commute.

Good luck! Boma is one of the best restaurants in Walt Disney World.

:tasty:

BugeyedMuggy
10-21-2007, 12:23 PM
From your resort catch a bus to AK and then take the AKL bus to the resort. We stayed @ AKL in Sept. and it is a 2 min ride from the AK to the resort. Magic Kingdom is the farthest away park so you may want to avoid that one. Also if you go th DTD there are water park stops on that run. We ate at Boma DH loved it I thought it was ok. Jiko is really good.

Jared
10-21-2007, 12:28 PM
From your resort catch a bus to AK and then take the AKL bus to the resort. We stayed @ AKL in Sept. and it is a 2 min ride from the AK to the resort. Magic Kingdom is the farthest away park so you may want to avoid that one. Also if you go th DTD there are water park stops on that run. We ate at Boma DH loved it I thought it was ok. Jiko is really good.
Remember that Animal Kingdom usually closes before any other park, so if you're reservation at Boma is late, this option may be impossible.

Assuming Animal Kingdom is still open, I agree this is the best route from Pop Century to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

The Disney-MGM Studios and Epcot are the next-closest parks.

gerald72
10-21-2007, 02:37 PM
We were at WDW in September for 7 days. We ate at Boma one of the days and it was the whole family's favorite! We will be returning there on our next trip!

tink179
10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks everyone for your directions and input on the restaurants! It helped a great deal!:mickey: You guys are awsome!:thumbsup: