PDA

View Full Version : Which Character Meals are pay-at-ADR?

Donalds Duckie
10-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Well, tomorrow is our BIG day! Our 180 day dining window opens. I plan to be on the phone at 6 a.m. Central time to book our ADRs:mickey: I've never done a character breakfast at WDW so I need y'all's expertise.

Which character meals will I have to pay for tomorrow? We are going to fine tune our ADRs today but I know we are definitely planning Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner and a breakfast at Chef Mickey's. My daughter-in-law may want to do O'hana Character breafast as well.

Thanks so much!

LibertyTreeGal
10-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Not sure, but I think that CRT and the dinner shows all require either a deposit or payment in full at time of ADR. None of the others do, as far as I know, but someone will come along soon who knows for sure :mickey:

Donalds Duckie
10-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Not sure, but I think that CRT and the dinner shows all require either a deposit or payment in full at time of ADR. None of the others do, as far as I know, but someone will come along soon who knows for sure :mickey:

Thanks, LTG! I do belive CRT dinner will require payment in full tomorrow when I book it. I wasn't sure about Chef Mickey's. We don't plan to see any dinner shows.

Now, if I pay ahead of time, will I be able to apply my 20% DDE to the CRT dinner reservation tomorrow?

Jared
10-21-2007, 12:48 PM
You will only have to pay in advance at Cinderella's Royal Table, but I believe you can use your Disney Dining Experience card when you make the reservation. Ask the Cast Member when booking.

I'm not positive, but I think you need to place a deposit when making a reservation at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

Good luck!

:tasty:

DizneyFreak2002
10-21-2007, 01:13 PM
You do not have to pay for Chef Mickey's upfront.... Cinderella's is the only one I know that you have to do that for.. What about the princess meals in Norway??

Jared
10-21-2007, 01:21 PM
You do not have to pay for Chef Mickey's upfront.... Cinderella's is the only one I know that you have to do that for.. What about the princess meals in Norway??
I think you need to place a deposit at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, not pay for the entire meal like at Cinderella's Royal Table.

jpH/keD
10-21-2007, 06:16 PM
We had to give our Credit card # for the Princess Breakfast at Akershus and for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. I know you will have to have a cc # for CRT. We did that on our last trip.

Have a cup of coffee and be prepared to sit on hold!! Call tonight to figure out ahead of time which #s to push to get you thru quicker in the AM! CRT is totally hard to get! You will need all the advantages you can get!! Good luck!!!:mickey:

LoriMistress
10-21-2007, 06:24 PM
CRT and the Princess Akershus are the only CM meals that you would have to purchase in advance.

Donalds Duckie
10-21-2007, 07:14 PM
We had to give our Credit card # for the Princess Breakfast at Akershus and for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. I know you will have to have a cc # for CRT. We did that on our last trip.

Have a cup of coffee and be prepared to sit on hold!! Call tonight to figure out ahead of time which #s to push to get you thru quicker in the AM! CRT is totally hard to get! You will need all the advantages you can get!! Good luck!!!:mickey:

Thanks for the confirmation. I had a feeling I was going to have to wait a while. I'm honestly debating whether I should get to the office by 7 a.m. so I can take the time I need to get past "hold" and book my ADRs or be ready to walk out the door by 6 a.m. and hope I can wrap it up by the time I have to leave for work at 7 a.m.

I know CRT breakfasts are very difficult to get, I'm hoping CRT dinners are a little easier. But, we're staying 10 days and if it's not available the day we want (day two) I have 8 more nights to try for.

Wish me luck! I have very little patience for having to plan and book meals 6 months before we are going to eat them:mad: The last time I went do WDW with travel companions and booked ADRs was in 2001 and 2002. The good ole days when we could simply walk-up or book a PS, anywhere but CRT, a couple of hours before the meal.

Alas, I have my list of 8 ADRs ready for the morning.

tinksmom02
10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
CRT and the Princess Akershus are the only CM meals that you would have to purchase in advance.

I know this doesn't affect the OP, but you don't need to pay for the Akershus meal in advance; they require a credit card number to hold your reservation--and to charge you a penalty if you don't show up--but they don't physically charge you for the meal when you make your ADR's.

When you make your ADR for CRT, you have to give them a credit card number and the card is charged for the meal at that time.

Good luck, by the way!!

Donalds Duckie
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
I know this doesn't affect the OP, but you don't need to pay for the Akershus meal in advance; they require a credit card number to hold your reservation--and to charge you a penalty if you don't show up--but they don't physically charge you for the meal when you make your ADR's.

When you make your ADR for CRT, you have to give them a credit card number and the card is charged for the meal at that time.

Good luck, by the way!!

I did pay for CRT today but I got it! We wanted 7 p.m. and I got 6:55 p.m. Cannot beat that! WooHoo! I dialed in at exactly 6 a.m. CDT and was only on hold about 10 seconds. I was finished by 6:25 a.m. CDT!

They haven't applied DDE discounts to all restaurants for 2008 but the CM told me to call back end of year or early next year and they will credit me the 20% discount once CRT is listed for 2008 DDE.

Thanks for your help everyone! I got it!