PDA

View Full Version : Have there been any new rarities spotted recently?

Greenlawler
10-21-2007, 02:04 AM
Just curious, but who are the new or rare characters out these days?

Or for you insiders are there any plans on bringing some new ones out?

I keep hearing Mowgli will be appearing but I only saw pic from the special Jungle Book event not during the regular days.

I attended MNSSHP and we saw some rarities when we were there last month during the week, but we return in January hoping for new characters for our collection.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Tinkerbell is coming soon, but I believe earlier than summer though this is mostly just from what everyone in Entertainment keeps telling me. None of those I've spoken to have said anything about certain dates.

I'm guessing Barbossa will be out doing P&P sets, hopefully. There is nothing backing this up, but I just don't see why they wouldn't.

It looks like over by the Oasis at AK, there is a setup for a Jungle Book Meet and Greet and I know Louie wasn't using it (he was over further under the trees)> This looks like it's supposed to be used for Mowgli.

Clarice is still listed on the current entertainment board, but I haven't seen or heard about her at all.

Amy_Callaghan
10-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Tinkerbell is coming soon, but I believe earlier than summer though this is mostly just from what everyone in Entertainment keeps telling me. None of those I've spoken to have said anything about certain dates.

I'm guessing Barbossa will be out doing P&P sets, hopefully. There is nothing backing this up, but I just don't see why they wouldn't.

It looks like over by the Oasis at AK, there is a setup for a Jungle Book Meet and Greet and I know Louie wasn't using it (he was over further under the trees)> This looks like it's supposed to be used for Mowgli.

Clarice is still listed on the current entertainment board, but I haven't seen or heard about her at all.

Any word yet about the characters from "Enchanted"? :)

joanna71985
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't think Barbossa will be out meeting. I believe he and Jack are just in the parade at mnsshp.

And Amy, did you see I finally finished my website? Thanks for all your help.:)

Amy_Callaghan
10-21-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't think Barbossa will be out meeting. I believe he and Jack are just in the parade at mnsshp.

And Amy, did you see I finally finished my website? Thanks for all your help.:)

Hi Joanna, excellent job on your character website, lots of great pics.
No problem. :)

joanna71985
10-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi Joanna, excellent job on your character website, lots of great pics.
No problem. :)

Thanks!

like2workout
10-22-2007, 08:31 AM
joanna, how can we see your site?

Hayden's Dad
10-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Hey guys, Jessica where is the setup at AK for the Jungle Book meet and greet and do you know if it will last through Nov?

Joanna, I would love to see you site too.

Although I got to thinking we will be down there right after Enchanted is released so maybe those charcters will be out. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Barbosa, and even Davey Jones don't start making appearences with the success of Capt'n Jack, but I have a feeling they will treat them like they do all the other villians and they will only be out few and far between except at special events like P&P and MNSSHP.

Any more recent sitings of Strombolli.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM
The set up is right on the other side of security to the right as you go in. Near where the characters normally meet, however I personally have never seen it used by any of the characters, even the Jungle Book ones.

It has a fallen Indian statue head with a jungle theme to it. I'm not sure how long it's been there and how long it will stay. So I'm really not sure unless it's just a set area Guests can use (like a sceneic area).

joanna71985
10-22-2007, 06:10 PM
joanna, how can we see your site?

Joanna, I would love to see you site too.

Right here:
http://www.geocities.com/jrs71985/disney_characters.html

Hayden's Dad
10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
I love the site Joanna. :thumbsup: Now I know who I am looking for

joanna71985
10-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I love the site Joanna. :thumbsup: Now I know who I am looking for

Thanks!

Khfan13
10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Umm, but in the Disney Planning DVD there was a video clip of a parade. I'm not sure if it was for Disneyland or WDW but it had a March Hare character dancing briefly. Could anybody verify this for me.

-It was the most recent one...

joanna71985
10-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, it wouldn't be at WDW. They don't have a March Hare character in the parades.

Hayden's Dad
10-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Anybody new fun and exciting out there to add to our hunts? Anybody ever see if the rumors of Mowgli and Col Hahti were true?

joanna71985
10-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Well, the Jungle Book characters were out. But that was just for the release of the DVD, and they are no longer out meeting.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Bah!!! And I missed them!! Stupid school and work. I really need to get the Robinsons before they disappear again.

joanna71985
10-31-2007, 07:54 AM
I think Sat is their last day, if they are not done already.

Hayden's Dad
10-31-2007, 08:44 AM
Well that stinks I am going to miss them too. :( Well I am hoping they will do something for Enchanted since it comes out the week before we go down.

DDuck66
11-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I saw Darkwing Duck in October. He was in the back of toon town to the left of the train station!!!!

Hayden's Dad
11-07-2007, 12:17 PM
That would be cool to meet Darkwing. "Let's get Dangerous"

jpH/keD
11-07-2007, 02:01 PM
We just watched Meet the Robinson's this past weekend!! I am so bummed! We leave in 9 days and we will miss them by less that that!:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad: Boo hiss! Too bad for us. And Enchanted will be released while we are there! Hey a gal can hope.....right? Maybe we can see them!

Hayden's Dad
11-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the characters from "Enchanted" ?

Figment!
11-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the characters from "Enchanted" ?According to Character Cast, Giselle is planned to be added to the Stars and Motor Cars Parade at Disney-MGM Studios later this month.

PinKy
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
I love your character site Joanna! That is one of my (& DH's) fave things to do at Disney!! I was going to make a collage or something of all of our character pics, but there are so many I'm not sure what to do...... a website is a great idea! Great job on yours! :mickey:

joanna71985
11-07-2007, 05:51 PM
I love your character site Joanna! That is one of my (& DH's) fave things to do at Disney!! I was going to make a collage or something of all of our character pics, but there are so many I'm not sure what to do...... a website is a great idea! Great job on yours! :mickey:

Thanks!:)

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-07-2007, 07:37 PM
we got Mowgli back in Sept... he was climbing on the fountain for Rain Forest Cafe at the entrance to AK... NO ONE was around... it was great. DD got a lot of 1 on 1 time with him... made her even more excited to see the movie when we picked it up a few weeks later!

at MNSSHP Snow White and ALL 7 Dwarfs were out in FL opposite of Winnie the Pooh ride...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-07-2007, 11:27 PM
We just watched Meet the Robinson's this past weekend!! I am so bummed! We leave in 9 days and we will miss them by less that that!:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad: Boo hiss! Too bad for us. And Enchanted will be released while we are there! Hey a gal can hope.....right? Maybe we can see them!

They are already gone, I checked today. From what Joanna says, their last day was Oct 27. You missed them by a bit more. :(

But it means you can look forward to more.

Today I saw Gov. Radcliffe at MGM, as well as Marie and Meeko (which I found odd...mostly Marie though) at the 4:15 meet - and greet.

Hayden's Dad
11-08-2007, 09:07 AM
MGM sounds like the place to meet some rarities. Do the characters change on the hour or is it sparadic?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Marie and Meeko were in the one directly after the parade along with Foulfellow, Gideon, Rafiki, Mr. Penguin, Suzy and Perla, and Pinocchio.

At 4:15, it was Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Mary Poppins and Bert, Alice, Jafar, and Radcliffe.

So I'm going to assume they change everytime. Best bet would be to ask Guest Relations.

joanna71985
11-08-2007, 11:46 AM
MGM sounds like the place to meet some rarities. Do the characters change on the hour or is it sparadic?

It can be both.

like2workout
11-10-2007, 11:41 PM
i have been looking for radcliffe for years now, and never seem to find him. i was there last month and never came across him, but it seems he's back out now. i hope to go back the 2nd week of december, so maybe he'll still be out then.

Hayden's Dad
11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
All the ones around the hat are they in their own individual lines or are some of them grouped together? That seems like a lot to try and see before they take off again or switch out.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Seperate for the most part but some are grouped.

When I was there, Jafar and Ratcliffe were together, and Mary and Bert were together. Earlier in the day, they go out about every hour, then they stop to prepare for parade and there is sometimes an unlisted one after the parade, before starting again at 4:15 (for the last set).

joanna71985
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
All the ones around the hat are they in their own individual lines or are some of them grouped together? That seems like a lot to try and see before they take off again or switch out.

It depends. Some are seperate, and there are also some groups.

Hayden's Dad
11-13-2007, 02:10 PM
:mickey::confused::eek::eyes:

My poor little brain is full. You guys should see my planning for this trip :D.

Oh well it will be fun and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thanks guys for all your help.

joanna71985
11-13-2007, 02:26 PM
You are welcome. I hope you have a great trip.

Hayden's Dad
11-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Have any of you ever me Sweetums from MuppetVision? I thought about asking the CM at the front of the show and explaining Hayden's condition to see if we could meet him since you see him during the show anyway. What do you guys think?

joanna71985
11-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Have any of you ever me Sweetums from MuppetVision? I thought about asking the CM at the front of the show and explaining Hayden's condition to see if we could meet him since you see him during the show anyway. What do you guys think?

He does not come out for meets.

But you can try asking.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Darkwing Duck?! Wow!

I normally take pictures of the characters from a distance without me in the picture, but the one character I would take a picture with is Darkwing! He is my childhood hero :number1:

My grandmother went in 1990 and she videotaped all those characters from the disney channel cartoons..Fat cat, Gadget, Launchpad, Scrooge McDuck, the Rescue Rangers...I miss them :(

Greenlawler
11-18-2007, 11:41 PM

Go for it. If I got an initial no I would not give up. You may eventualy find someone who could make it happen.

Hayden's Dad
01-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Hello my fellow Character Enthusiasts. I wanted to bump this up and see if anyone had seen or met any rarities lately.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Sadly, I haven't been able to spare any time to go hunting. But with the P&P coming, I'm thinking they might add some to the meet and greets...or so I am hoping.