PDA

View Full Version : I have to admit!

michelle_sydney84
10-20-2007, 11:47 PM
I am 23 and I love getting pictures with the characters. It makes me feel like a kid again. Anyone else out there that does not have kids but you still love to stand in line and feel like a kid again? I really want the villians to come out and take pictures. I also really want the princes to come out for all the ladies!:mickey:

joanna71985
10-20-2007, 11:54 PM
ME!! I am 22, and love seeing the characters. I guess having a website for characters makes me a dork.:blush:
http://www.geocities.com/jrs71985/disney_characters.html

PirateLover
10-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Hey Joanna those are great pics. What year did you meet Brer Rabbit? I know he is very rare nowadays. Also I've never seen Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh. Does he come out anymore? I'm actually a big rabbit lover and these are 2 of my fave characters. :)

Kairi_7378
10-21-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm 29 and during my last trip DH and I spent lots of time with the characters.

Greenlawler
10-21-2007, 01:53 AM
Joanna thanks for sharing your website! You have some great shots.
I have often thought of doing something similar.

As far as being older and loving the characters I am 35 and I admit I enjoy it as much as my sons.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-21-2007, 02:49 AM
23 and still getting them! It's like a treasure hunt, you know? Getting the ones you really want...There are still a few easy to get ones that I am missing just because I don't want to wait forever because they aren't characters I am too fond of (Einsteins, Power Rangers, Pooh unit, Playhouse Disney).

The Flying Dutchman
10-21-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm 25 and when the Mrs. and I head to WDW, its only the the two of us. Even so, we are constantly on the lookout for new characters that we haven't gotten our pics with yet.
I don't ever see us stopping this fun!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-21-2007, 04:44 PM
My husband and I are in our 30's and love getting photos taken with the characters. Some of our favorites are: Sulley and Mike, Stitch, Rafiki, Donald Duck, Pluto, the villians, the 7 dwarfs, Goofy, Tigger, Eeyore, Cars, Beauty and Beast, Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie of course and many others. Our list is very long.............................................. .......... We'll be heading to Disney in 16 days. from November 7th thru 17th...Can't wait to see all our favorites.:stitch::donald::goofy::sulley::tigger:

joanna71985
10-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey Joanna those are great pics. What year did you meet Brer Rabbit? I know he is very rare nowadays. Also I've never seen Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh. Does he come out anymore? I'm actually a big rabbit lover and these are 2 of my fave characters. :)

Thanks! I met Brer Rabbit back in 2005, and have not seen him since. And Rabbit I met randomly, and also have not seen him since. I really want to too.

Joanna thanks for sharing your website! You have some great shots.
I have often thought of doing something similar.

As far as being older and loving the characters I am 35 and I admit I enjoy it as much as my sons.

Thanks!

GrmGrninGost
10-21-2007, 08:59 PM
As a 44 year old father of 2, I can tell you the DW and I are usually far more excited by the characters these days than the children! They both used to love the characters! Now, DS, who is 13, won't hardly visit with the characters at all. And DD, who is 10, is starting to get the same way! I hope someday they will see the error of their ways! As for me, nothing gets me more charged than to meet a character we haven't seen before! We have well over 100 different characters on log and still spend a lot of time looking! Great Fun!! :mickey:

IloveJack
10-22-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm 27, dh is 22, and we have no kids (yet). I'll stand in line just as long as anyone to meet my faves. He loves to be behind the camera, but really enjoys the characters, too. Now, if Jack Skellington ever made an appearance, he'd be shoving the camera in my hands! :jack: I'm sure we'll continue meeting them by ourselves until a little one comes along.

Hayden's Dad
10-22-2007, 09:21 AM
DW and myself are in our 30's and we were in line as much before Hayden was born as we are now. He just brings his own version of pixie dust. You are never to old!!:mickey::thumbsup::D

Frank Bullitt
10-24-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm a 29 years old, and 358 days out of the year is a perfectly normal MBA-graduated Sales Manager...but a week out of the year I take a break from reality at WDW & I love characters!!

Disneypixie513
10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Haha..I'm only 15 and it seems everytime i go to Disney, I love the characters more and more each time! Especially when i find a cute Aladdian! :blush:
Nice pictures! You're so lucky that you've gotten pictures with the princes..Prince Charming was a cutie :D

ibrowse17
10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
My DW loves to get her pics with them as well. I love to watch her get all excited when they show up, and I have gotten character meals for us just so she can get more pics. :thumbsup:

joanna71985
10-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Haha..I'm only 15 and it seems everytime i go to Disney, I love the characters more and more each time! Especially when i find a cute Aladdian! :blush:
Nice pictures! You're so lucky that you've gotten pictures with the princes..Prince Charming was a cutie :D

He sure is!

MonkeyBeast
10-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Who is Clarice? It looks like Dale in Drag.

Greenlawler
10-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Clarice is a character featured early in the Chip and Dale cartoons. Usually involving the two chipmunks competing for her attention.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Clarice is Chip and Dale's girlfriend. She was in one of the old classic cartoons, where she was on the piano they were playing.

Part of why I keep saying to add her to Spectro on the piano.....

MonkeyBeast
10-25-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm 25 and a guy and I love all theme park characters. Pluto is the best though.:number1:

jpH/keD
10-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I am 39ish and my DH is too! We have 2 kids DD6 and DS4 and us grown ups like the characters way more than our kids! We are also huge Washington Redskin fans and we love to search for players and coaches as well! I have my pic taken w/ almost all of the characters from our last trip and this trip we have scheduled meals to maximize our chances of getting the most for our money! DD6 is hoping and praying for Pocahontas and DS4 is looking for Lightning:simba: McQueen! Me?..any of them! Bring it on!!:sulley: :simba::mjump::hatter:

michelle_sydney84
10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
I love to see that everyone loves the characters! I sometimes get weird looks when I stand in line waiting for the characters with all the kids... But who cares! I get my picture and and get on with my day!

michelle_sydney84
10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
I love to see that everyone loves the characters! I sometimes get weird looks when I stand in line waiting for the characters with all the kids... But who cares! I get my picture and and get on with my day!

jkj1224
10-26-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm 28 and still love the characters....I must have a million pictures of me and the genie :D

PinKy
11-07-2007, 05:21 PM
I have kids (now), but for years DH and I would "character hunt" in all the parks and we always had SUCH a great time! Enjoy it! They are out for everyone! :mickey: I had *such* a ball with Goofy and Donald on my birthday 2 years ago - they really made that day for me.

Miss Mouse
11-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Another 20-something character fanatic here! For me, the characters are the best part of the trip. There's nothing better than a great big hug from Winnie the Pooh or a high five from the Big Cheese. That's Disney magic for you! :mickey:

RedheadWriter
11-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Yes, I love the characters, too. 32 years old but most days I feel 8! :blush:
I looked at those pictures and my heart melted when I saw Remy and Mater. I want pictures with them!!!!
Rachel

joanna71985
11-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Yes, I love the characters, too. 32 years old but most days I feel 8! :blush:
I looked at those pictures and my heart melted when I saw Remy and Mater. I want pictures with them!!!!
Rachel

They are 2 of my favorite characters (I love Ratatouille and Cars). I was there the first day Remy and Emile came out, and they are sooooo cute. Really soft too.