PDA

View Full Version : We're going in May next year!

JohnHMCWYG
10-20-2007, 10:02 PM
My mom went down to Florida to visit my brother 2 weeks ago. He goes to college down there and he's graduating next year. He told my mom that he'll be graduating in May of next year.

We'll be taking off for Disney after he graduates.

This is going to be my first time going down there in May. Are the crowds going to be bad and how is the weather usually around that time of year?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Carol
10-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Hi John :hi:

What time in May? It's much less crowded early May. Most Southern schools are done their year by the end of the month and Memorial Day Weekend brings in additional crowds. I've been mid month and at the end of the month. Mid month is more manageable.

The weather is hot - but not nearly has humid as Summer & Fall. Have fun.

BugeyedMuggy
10-21-2007, 08:30 AM
I agree with the previous post. We were there in May this year. We had to wait for my daughter to get out of college so it ran into Memorial weekend. That weekend was very busy but the rest of the week was O.K. It is much better for crowds e - arly to mid May. The temps in May are around 85 - 90° Have a great trip :mickey: .

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-21-2007, 10:19 AM
We're going in May too! :mickey:

I've never been in May, but my friends, who were there last year in early-mid May said that crowds were fairly low, definately manageable, and they thought it was a great time to be there (isn't anytime a great time!)

JohnHMCWYG
10-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi John :hi:

What time in May?

He'll be graduating in early May. I'm looking forward to it, and based on the info in this thread so far, it looks like the chances are good that the crowds will be light.

I'm really excited about this...Then again, I should be careful in saying that. The last time I said something along those lines, I ended up having a trip from H***.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

DDuck66
10-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Even though we live close by, we still make two big trips each year and they are always in early May and early October. You usually miss all of the bigger crowds because school is still in session for the kids. May weather is still nice and even though it can get hot, the humidity is not that bad. In fact we will be there the 10th to the 16th of May, staying at the Poly. Have fun!!!!