PDA

View Full Version : What's New this year at MNSSHP???

Pinoke68
10-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi everyone:

We did the Halloween party back in '05 and are ready to do it again this year. Any changes we can expect?

What are the best places to trick or treat? Do they still have the treat trails?

Also, some questions on the Villains Mix and Mingle and on the Cosmic Dance Parties. What villains attend the meet and greet and what costumes are they dressed in? I know that sounds strange, but I've seen pics of Hook and the gang dressed in all orange and black which I understand because this is Halloween, but I'd prefer they had their regular clothes on wjen we have our picture taken with them.

Also, exactly what goes on at the dance party and what kind of music do they play? Is it worth seeing? Our kids are ages 9-12.

Thanks!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-21-2007, 02:33 AM
Personally, I think if you start to Trick or Treat in Toontown, you can hit all of the places before closing. They also seem to have the most places to get candy, as the Alice Treat Trail starts in Toontown and goes along the path to Tomorrowland (where there is another treat spot). This should give you time to get a very good seat for the parade (or continue on like I did over to Liberty Square via Fantasyland and get a spot with NOONE for the parade.

Villians comes directly off the stage from their dance routine and do a meet and greet, no autographs, just photos. They are in their classic garb from the movie. Queen doesn't seem to get much of a line (no one when I was there). Personally, I think the villians show (and please don't get me wrong, it's awesome and I love it) is a little risque. Nothing too bad, but I was standing there with my mouth open and eyebrows raised thinking I somehow had gotten over to HHN for the Bill and Ted show.

The dance parties have the characters at them and tend to play Disney versions of a lot of popular songs, like the ones they play at the Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre. It's a lot of fun and they give out candy at some of them.

BugeyedMuggy
10-21-2007, 08:35 AM
I agree start in toon town we also got our pics taken wth the pricesses & princes without much wait. I also suggest to do the 2nd parade from Main Street. It is alot less crowded and you can get alot more done while everyone is at the 1st parade. Make sure to go to Haunted Mansion they added some neat stuff. Go back to toon town and do Alice's trail at the end of the nite as they have to get rid of their candy in the barrels and there are about 7 or so along the way. Have fun :mickey:.

Pinoke68
10-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Ooh! Now I really want to do the Villians show....I want to see how risque it gets, some mild flirting between Hook and Maleficent perhaps?

CaptainJessicaSparrow, where do you work? Will you be working Friday night's party? We might stop by and see ya!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Yes, I work this Friday at the Emporium. Please come see me, it's always pretty slow.

And it's not so much Maleficent and Hook, as it was just....all of them. I'll just say there is a lot of leather hot pants, fishnets, and yeah.....It's an pretty cool show but I was just surprised it was done by Disney. It's a good thing that Villians are supposed to be bad.

Personally, I've always felt that it was Maleficent and Jafar who would be together since you know...they are the two most powerful and all.

Pinoke68
10-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Cool! We'll stop by the Emporium for sure, any cool Halloween merchandise (besides the MNSSHP stuff)?

I guess you're right about Maleficent and Jafar, Hook is kinda small potatoes in comparison to Jafar. I guess a lady who can turn herself into a giant dragon appreciates a dude that can turn himself into a giant snake........:malef:

murphy1
10-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey Jessica, me and the girls will be at the party and will stop by and say hi! I'm Mary Poppins!!

This is funny, when you guys are talking about the risqueness it reminds me of that leg lamp from A Christmas Story! LOL

McGoofy
10-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Personally, I think if you start to Trick or Treat in Toontown, you can hit all of the places before closing. They also seem to have the most places to get candy, as the Alice Treat Trail starts in Toontown and goes along the path to Tomorrowland (where there is another treat spot). This should give you time to get a very good seat for the parade (or continue on like I did over to Liberty Square via Fantasyland and get a spot with NOONE for the parade.

Villians comes directly off the stage from their dance routine and do a meet and greet, no autographs, just photos. They are in their classic garb from the movie. Queen doesn't seem to get much of a line (no one when I was there). Personally, I think the villians show (and please don't get me wrong, it's awesome and I love it) is a little risque. Nothing too bad, but I was standing there with my mouth open and eyebrows raised thinking I somehow had gotten over to HHN for the Bill and Ted show.

The dance parties have the characters at them and tend to play Disney versions of a lot of popular songs, like the ones they play at the Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre. It's a lot of fun and they give out candy at some of them.

Thanks for all of the great advice that you have given about the MNSSHP, not just on this post, but on others that I have read as well. Are you working on Halloween night? That's when I'm coming. We'll most likely be in the Emporium at some point in the night! How do we know it's you when we see you??

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-22-2007, 01:35 AM
Wow, so many people coming to see me! I feel so loved! :yay::heart:

Merchandise - there's was originally a lot but we've pretty much sold out of the majority of it, including the shirts. I've seen some at DTD at WOD and over at that merch shop near Planet Hollywood and the Movie Memorbelia shop but I can't remember what. We still have the Hitchhiking Ghost Big Figs (now $90), the Tombstone ($30), the Bat Hats (that we got in place of the pumpkin treat bags) and that's about it. For the MNSSHP, there is the shirt, the pin, the frame, and the Mickey as Jack.

I'm not working Halloween, but I might be going to that party as well as the 28th or 30th (possibly, not sure at all about any of those but the 28th is most likely). How to tell it's me...well, we are no longer allowed to wear any of the hats because apparently it was a health issue. So I can wear my own for the next few days. But if it helps, I think I am the only Jessica who works night shift at Emporium and I'm usually on registers or doors for parties. If I go to the party and the weather is agreeing with me, I *might* wear one of my anime costumes from Revolutionary Girl Utena (it's all white with a hoopskirt so hence the might) so I'll have a pink wig on. Or my Ariel if I ever finish it.

Maleficent::heart::Jafar = FTW!!

Dyanna
10-22-2007, 12:18 PM
We were there 2 weeks ago. Had dinner at LTT at 7pm. Then went around the park for candy, watched the Villian show, then fireworks, watched the Villian show again, photo op with the villians, watched the Boo to You parade then off for a second round of candy & on the bus by midnight all with 10 month old DD in tow.

Pinoke68
10-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks for all the tips, everyone!

See ya Friday, Jessica!