PDA

View Full Version : POP or CS???

Lucyrella
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Okay, so we were originally suppose to stay at POP last August and recieved a free upgrade to OKW. We were totally spoiled by all the space and we just loved the facility. So now for the "bounce back program" we are registered at POP. I am trying to decide if I want to splurge and stay at CS. That is where I wanted to originally stay for last year but it was booked already. So what do my fellow Intercotee's think? We are constantly on the go while in Florida, and realistically we are only napping and sleeping there.... so I am undecided. I know I have a lot of time to figure it out, but was looking for feedback from those of you who have BTDT. Thanks!

HndrdPrcnt
10-19-2007, 10:14 PM
I am all for recommending POP to you - especially if you are always on the go and only need a place for sleeping!! Take the money you save and go enjoy something fun like Hoop de Doo, or Cirque, or California Grill!!!!!! There are so many other things that you can enjoy!!

tiaramom
10-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Staying At Pop Is Easy For Us
Buses- Direct ...
Awesome Food Court
And The Size Isnt Overwelming To Walk About.
The Shop Is Great And Everything Is Open Late!

As Far As Romance And Scenery
The Cs Is Awesome
I Really Enjoyed Our Stay-
And Found The Rooms Very Similar
The Pools Are Amazing! And The Grounds Are Truely Amazing To Walk Around- You Actually Feel As If You Are In A Real Resort An Actual Vacation.
Its Lite Up So Beautiful At Night.
The Shop Is Pretty Nice- Pop Is Better
The Restaurant Is Terrible! Dont Bother!
Im Not Sure About There Food Court - Its A Diffrent Set Up- Looks Nice
Its Not As Child Friendly-
Though My Toddler Loved Playing In The Sand And Wading In The Pools With Us.
The Setting Is Much More Adult!

I Really Like Both Very Much
Its All A Matter Of What Your Looking For At The Moment-
I Would Recommend Both-
Pop For Young Ones- Just Because Of The Big Icons , Colorful Atmosphere-
Though Honestly- Cs- Is Great For Sand Castles And There Pools-

Im Debating My Bounce Back Upgrade To Cs This Year Too-
I Booked Pop- Prices Were Great-
Budgeting Is The Issue For Me-

Either Way- Each Choice - You Cant Lose With. Have Fun

Remember Pop Is Close To The Airport- And The First To Drop Off On Magical Express- Thats Very Cool!

I Didnt Take The Bus Transportation To Theme Parks From Cs
I Had A Car Back Then
I Always Use Pop Bus Transport
With Out A Problem
Im Assuming Cs Is Very Much The Same-
They All Are....

Best Of Luck On Choosing

mickeysworld
10-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Have to agree with both hndrdprcnt and tiaramom. Both make excellent points. If you are mostly napping and sleeping and not getting much of a chance to enjoy the resort, I too would save the extra money and have fun with it at a character meal, etc. On the other hand if CS is a place you've always wanted to try, maybe you should go for it. What do you think about splitting your stay?

JoDisney
10-20-2007, 06:02 AM
I agree with staying at POP. POP is an Epcot resort. CS is an AK resort. To me, POP is more centrally located. I like POP. It is a nice value resort. It does not have a slide or hot tub, but it has water spraying fun for children. I think the food court is excellent. I hate CS's food area!

kathiep
10-20-2007, 09:23 AM
We stayed at CS in Sept and loved it. A truly beautiful resort. The main pool area is fantastic. The food selection at the Pepper Market is superior to that at other resorts food courts.

Admittedly, we've never stayed at Pop. But, we were supposed to spend one night there, our first in town, the last Sept. We got to Pop and found out we were upgraded to OKW :cloud9: but that's another story.

We did spend some time there. We stayed and had lunch and explored the resort.

It seemed busy and crowded. I never got this feeling at CS. Maybe it was just my impression but I felt much more relaxed at CS.

IMO, the moderates aren't that much more money and are certainly worth it no matter how much time you spend in your room.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-20-2007, 06:38 PM
We have never stayed at CS but, we stayed at Pop last year during the Free Dining time frame and it was really busy. I know others had different experiences at that time but, it was very busy to us.
We were there the 15-22nd last year, so the same week you will be there.
Just a thought since that time frame has definately picked up with FD(If it is offered to the public this year). The Values tend to be really busy during that time.
We spend 90% of your time in the parks too but, we still like a fairly quiet resort with less of a bus wait.

I am sure you will have a great trip no matter where you stay!!

pixiegoose
10-20-2007, 08:32 PM
We've stayed at both Pop and Coronado and we would choose Coronado over Pop. We stayed at Coronado July 2006 and we absolutely loved it. We stayed at Pop last month during free dining and were extremely disappointed in it.We had high hopes for it, given that most people on here seem to rave about it, but we found it too hectic and crowded constantly. We're the type to spend 90-95% of our time in the parks but to us, the price difference is worth it to upgrade to a moderate.

mttafire
10-20-2007, 09:18 PM
I am all for recommending POP to you - especially if you are always on the go and only need a place for sleeping!! Take the money you save and go enjoy something fun like Hoop de Doo, or Cirque, or California Grill!!!!!! There are so many other things that you can enjoy!!
I agree. When we want our monies to go further we ALWAYS stay at a Value. When we have more to spend we stay at a Mod 90% of the time. Values are great resorts!:thumbsup: