PDA

View Full Version : Happiest Place on Earth no more?

thejens
10-19-2007, 09:03 PM
I have read on some other sites that Disney may be fazing out "Happiest Place on Earth" that it has used for so long to replace it with Dreams Come True. I hope not. To me Happiest Place on Earth says it all. Dreams come True is both over reaching and also references a gimicky campaign where only a few lucky people get a dream come true. Sorry but it has never been my DREAM to get a free lanyard or mouse ears. I saw no dreams, big or small, being granted on my last 9 day trip. I am not upset, but can't say I am impressed. I think the Year or Two of a million dreams is okay at best, but I hate to lose my Happiest Place on Earth. Now that is a slogan that actually delivers! What do you think?

battle beast
10-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I can't see them doing so. However, this IS the smae company that Cancelled Gargoyles, so...

Who knows what is possible? :confused:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-19-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't know...I hadn't heard this before...for me, my Dreams did come true at Disney, so both are fitting.

I do worry about people putting too much into the dreams part, and being upset if something special doesn't happen to them while they are there, when, for so many, just being about to go the WDW is a dream come true. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Are we referring to the WDW Resort specifically? Because if so, then from my understanding, the permanent slogan for it will be "Where Dreams Come True." I was told this back in May though, so they might have changed it.

Ian
10-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Disney World's slogan has never been Happiest Place on Earth.

I think that's Disneyland's. Hence the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" when they hit their 50th anniversary.

DizneyFreak2002
10-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Honestly, if they drop Happiest Place On Earth, it wouldn't bother me... But I think Ian is right.. This slogan was for Disneyland... WDW is WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE, isn't it?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Yes, WDW's used to be Where Magic Lives and they have adopted Where Dreams Come True as the permanent one.

California's was the Happiest Place on Earth. Although, I never understood what exactly the Happiest Homecoming on Earth supposed to be about because it was after Happiest Celebration on Earth. Or was it the same thing? :confused:

DisneyDudet
10-20-2007, 06:36 PM
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Disney World's slogan has never been Happiest Place on Earth.

I think that's Disneyland's. Hence the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" when they hit their 50th anniversary.

Ian... I think we share a brain! I was just about to post that!! Disneyland has been haroled as the Happiest Place on Earth for MANY years.

Yes, WDW's used to be Where Magic Lives and they have adopted Where Dreams Come True as the permanent one.

California's was the Happiest Place on Earth. Although, I never understood what exactly the Happiest Homecoming on Earth supposed to be about because it was after Happiest Celebration on Earth. Or was it the same thing? :confused:

It was the same thing. I think the Happiest Homecoming was for people who had ever been to Disneyland, to come back, especially those there the first year, and this was to happen during the Happiest Celebration on Earth.

Also, I saw more merch at the stores that stated "Where the Magic Lives" rather than "Where dreams come true." I saw some that had the latter slogan, but it wasn't as prominent. My guess is, that when this Celebration of a Million Years is over, they will still continue to have "Where the Magic Lives" as their main slogan, and have some sort of other marketing theme as well.

Epc0tphr34k
10-20-2007, 09:50 PM
as previously stated "happiest place on earth" is in reference to Disneyland and is in fact a term Walt coined for Disneyland, that being the case I do not see them dropping it any time soon.

BrownEyedGrrl
10-20-2007, 11:03 PM
"Dreams Come True" is not so bad I think. I wouldn't think of it as a reference to a free lanyard or fastpass, but rather the look on my (then) 4 year old son's face when he met Jack Sparrow in person. :) That was definitely his dream come true! The whole week of our first WDW family vacation, seeing my children thoroughly immersed in the place I always enjoyed and dreamed about as a child- definitely a dream come true for me, too. :mickey:

Zone Stop
10-21-2007, 02:21 AM
"Where Dreams Come True" is Disney's new Brand, just like Nike's "Just Do It". True Story.

Marketing :number1:

brownie
10-22-2007, 09:58 AM
I thought only Disneyland was referred to as the Happiest Place on Earth. Walt Disney World seems like it gets a new slogan every few years.

magicman
10-25-2007, 01:20 PM
I think it should be:
"Walt Disney World: The Very Merry Happiest Dream Havin Not So Scary Most Joyous Place On Earth"

I've never really allowed a slogan to determine how I feel, but I think that slogan would really make me feel good. Now how to fit it on a sign might take some real magic.

thejens
11-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Magic man thank you for making me laugh!

I guess I have been feeling grumpy about the year of million dreams campaign (never liked the lottery feeling), sneakily diminished meal plan, and now new mandatory tip policy!

I really love WDW and want to keep loving it! Maybe they should hire you for their PR department.

HOLITRIN
11-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Don't worry, they will never be able to get rid of Happiest Place on Earth. It is just like when Kodak changed its catch phrase from "A Kodak Moment" to "Take Pictures Further". Basically, no one ever caught on to the Take Pictures Further - it always is and will be A Kodak Moment.

My opinion is - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

magicman
11-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Magic man thank you for making me laugh!

I guess I have been feeling grumpy about the year of million dreams campaign (never liked the lottery feeling), sneakily diminished meal plan, and now new mandatory tip policy!

I really love WDW and want to keep loving it! Maybe they should hire you for their PR department.

I too get a bit irked when I feel like they're taking things away.

I've wanted to apply at WDW for a PR job, but I can't seem to fit my key qualification into the blanks provided. (My key qualification being that I'm a "Magnano-Supreme-Supercala-Park Hopping-Fun Touter".)

CandleontheWater
11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I thought the slogan for WDW was "Florida's Vacation Kingdom", but maybe I'm stuck in the 70's ;) Anyway, I like "Where Dreams Come True" because I always feel like I'm living a dream in WDW and like anything is possible!

tinklover
12-13-2007, 03:40 PM
as far back as i can remeber WDW has been the place where dreams come true. my senior year in high school(93) our marching band marched thru epcot for magic music days. The CM who opened teh gate for us told us that though we normally march at attention today we are employees of Disney and we are to march with smiles. when he told us that i replied wow disney employees this really is the place where dreams come true and he smiled and winked at me and i felt so special being a CM for the day.

SpecJoe Magic
12-14-2007, 07:32 AM
I thought the slogan for WDW was "Florida's Vacation Kingdom", but maybe I'm stuck in the 70's ;)

Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall that it was the slogan in the 70s.

The Magic Kingdom at WDW is sometimes called "The Most Magical Place on Earth," but I've never heard it called "The Happiest Place on Earth." That distinction belongs to Disneyland exclusively.