PDA

View Full Version : Fridge & Microwave in Grand Californian?

SignguyTom
10-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Just curious. We're staying there in a few weeks and I can't seem to find a definite answer. Anybody know?

NotaGeek
10-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Grand Californian Hotel (714) 778-6600

I am sure the room ammeneties differ from room to room. When you call select option 3 and ask to be transferred to the Front Desk at the GCH.

Good luck.

tinkwest
10-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Our first visits to the Grand Californian had the "pre-filled" pay-per-item-taken fridge. The last few times, an empty use-as-you-please fridge. No microwave.

tamquilts
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM
When we've stayed concierge level we had the pre-stocked frigdge. If you move or adjust the contents it bills your room automatically - even if you don't remove anything. This fridge had a small space for personal items.

Other times we've had an empty fridge. When we've stayed at any of the Disney hotels and our room did not have a fridge we called the front desk and asked for one. They delivered one to our room promptly.

pluto 77
10-22-2007, 10:42 PM
We are staying at DL Hotel does anyone know if they have a fridge or what they would charge for one per night... just curious cause i know they used to charge at WDW... Thanks

NotaGeek
10-22-2007, 10:45 PM
We are staying at DL Hotel does anyone know if they have a fridge or what they would charge for one per night... just curious cause i know they used to charge at WDW... Thanks

I have stayed there several times and I do not remember a fridge. You can call the hotel direct to find out for sure:

Disneyland Hotel (714) 778-6600

I am sure the room ammeneties differ from room to room. When you call select option 3 and ask to be transferred to the Front Desk at the DLR.

Melanie
10-23-2007, 04:47 AM
There's always been a fridge in the room at Disneyland Hotel when I've stayed there. No extra charge. That goes for Paradise Pier Hotel as well.

tamquilts
10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
I have stayed there several times and I do not remember a fridge.

I'm surprised to hear this. I've stayed at the DL hotel at least 20 times over the past several years and have ALWAYS had a fridge in the room. The fridge is often inside the big tv stand/armoire, not out in visible sight. Same for the ice bucket and cups. They are tucked inside the cabinet discreetly. But they are there.

NotaGeek
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm surprised to hear this. I've stayed at the DL hotel at least 20 times over the past several years and have ALWAYS had a fridge in the room. The fridge is often inside the big tv stand/armoire, not out in visible sight. Same for the ice bucket and cups. They are tucked inside the cabinet discreetly. But they are there.

I am not saying there isn't one, merely that I don't remember one. I am one of those people that eats out when on vacation, so unless I have a bottle of water I want kept cold I don't normally use a fridge ... and if it's not in plain sight, I wouldn't notice. ;)

tamquilts
10-25-2007, 04:56 PM
... and if it's not in plain sight, I wouldn't notice. ;)

That's funny. :D
Last time I was at the DL hotel for a stay (this past Sept) I was bickering to a friend who was also there but in a different tower - we couldn't believe that the DL Hotel no longer provided ice buckets and drinking glasses. Later we called each other laughing because we both found them tucked inside the cabinet when we opened it to get to the fridge. :blush:

Out of sight --- and I too assumed it wasn't there. I guess it's called "Human Nature" ;)

BklynChick
10-26-2007, 11:06 PM
At GCH last week...empty fridge...no microwave.

BrerGnat
10-29-2007, 10:52 PM
I concur...I was at GCH last week...empty fridge (in a concierge room).

The concierge told us they don't do the mini bars anymore because "most people just wanted an empty fridge"

No microwave in the room, the concierge lounge, or in the quick service location (white water snacks). You're out of luck in the microwave department...

*tinker_belle*
10-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Many years ago when we were staying at the DLH, there was a mini bar in our room and i didn't know what it was because i was young and had never seen one. I thought it was free food and drinks so i took out a package of cookies. When my mom saw what i was doing she said "Put that back or we'll have to pay for it!"
She proceeded to the front desk where she told them that my little sister (who was about 6 at the time) had mistakenly opened the fridge and they took the charge off our bill. Never again will i make that mistake!