PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever watch their Disney Vacation Planning DVD for fun?

ncscgirl2005
10-19-2007, 02:53 PM
A week or so ago someone posted something about actually planning trips on the WDW website for fun. Now I want to know if anyone ever watched their free vacation planning DVD (if you have one) to get your Disney fix? Last Friday night, I was missing WDW sooo much that I tore my house up looking for it. I found the case but couldn't find the beloved DVD. :mad: So now I am feining for a Disney fix.

Does anyone else look at theirs for fun?

martinfamily5
10-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes we do. We love to watch them. We try to get a new one every few years and love to watch them.

kathiep
10-19-2007, 03:06 PM
What better way is there to get excited about your upcoming trip?

Or to feel some of the magic when your trip is too far away??

caryrae
10-19-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't think most of us on Intercot watch the Vacation Planners to get info anymore, like you said we use them to get our Disney fix.

I think most of us here know more about WDW than those dvd's show.

ncscgirl2005
10-19-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't think most of us on Intercot watch the Vacation Planners to get info anymore, like you said we use them to get our Disney fix.

:thumbsup: Absolutely! If I have questions now, I just log-in here!

magicman
10-19-2007, 03:21 PM
We watched it last weekend as a matter of fact.

Does anyone know when the next version comes out?

Deesdisney
10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Me and my dd love to watch it at least 2 times a week along with the sing along dvds Disneyland fun, camping and beach party oh yea and flick at Animal Kingdom.

SoaringEpcot
10-19-2007, 03:31 PM
We have to watch ours now because two months ago our cable network dropped the Travel Channel and replaced it with Noggin. I know that noggin is good for young kids, but I miss the Disney shows they had, I want my Travel channel back!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Yes! We watch ours every so often :mickey:

DD loves the 2005 (?) one, with the Triva game, she plays it over and over :mickey:

ncscgirl2005
10-19-2007, 04:15 PM
We have to watch ours now because two months ago our cable network dropped the Travel Channel and replaced it with Noggin. I know that noggin is good for young kids, but I miss the Disney shows they had, I want my Travel channel back!!!

We still have the Travel channel but I didn't know they have Disney shows on there (it makes perfectly good sense though). Do they have a regular scheduled show or it it something they show "every now and again"?

mickey&missy
10-19-2007, 04:26 PM
We still have the Travel channel but I didn't know they have Disney shows on there (it makes perfectly good sense though). Do they have a regular scheduled show or it it something they show "every now and again"?

They show them more then every now and then and not as frequently as most of us here would hope ;) Actually, a few weeks ago they had a Disney Marathon of sorts on a Sunday afternoon :cloud9: Thank god for the DVR!!!!

We also have a Disney Travel on Demand network. You go to it, pick what you want to watch and watch it. There are a bunch of different things on it, including 2 episodes of a program showing you the planning and creation of the Pirates and Princesses party. I have digital cable through Cablevision, which I know is a NY and NJ company not sure about other states.

I love to watch my planning DVD!! Like a pp said its not for informational purposes, just for funand a fix! I also have a set of theme park DVD's that I watch from time to time.

EPCOT84
10-19-2007, 05:15 PM
OMG! A Disney guilty pleasure ! Me too ! I order the DVD every few years for that very reason - just to get a Disney fix, see what's new ! Definitely not for planning. This site is much better, like Caryrae said, most everyone here knows far more ! :mickey:

For the same reason, for the Disney nut in me, I get the annual report each year. You can download the annual report but is always more fun to have the printed one to read.

Yep, this IS the right place for me ! Thank you all ! :mpumpkin:

caryrae
10-19-2007, 05:26 PM

Almost every week Travel Channel has something on about WDW, DL, DCL and a bunch of times they have shows on all day. Only problem is the same shows have all been on many many times but they are still fun to watch.

If ya look here http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=34 there is a thread called DisneyTV where fellow intercotte Melanears will list all the shows about anything Disney for the week, it's at the top of the list. One thing you will notice is almost every show (except disney movies) are on the Travel Channel.

cal5755
10-19-2007, 07:47 PM
I thought we were the only nutcases that watched the planning videos lol. It is nice to see we are not alone. The kids are always wanting me to put it the dvd player!

Damon18
10-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Does anyone else look at theirs for fun?

Doesn't everyone? :mickey:

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 08:49 PM
:mickey: Absolutely!! In fact, we never watched our 2007 one before we left, so we're going to watch it this wknd sometime, just to re-live it!! :blush:

SAHDad
10-19-2007, 09:23 PM
We don't watch it for planning, but to get our Mickey fix, and to help our munchkin prepare to WDW. He's been there before, but there is a big difference between 2 and 4 years old, so we want him to "remember" what things will be like, especially the characters.

SBETigg
10-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Of course! That's why I watch. But unfortunately, the past few haven't been a lot of fun. I'm really hoping the next one is so much better.

mttafire
10-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Yep!!:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
10-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Funny you should post this question. I just ordered the current DVD a few days ago and can't wait to get it. We won't be back to WDW for quite a while, but it is still fun to watch!!:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
10-20-2007, 10:29 AM
We have several different ones from years past. We watch them fairly regularly! They are so much fun and bring back great memories! :mickey:

SurferStitch
10-20-2007, 11:14 AM
All the time!!!

We've especially been watching them more often now that our trip is coming up in about a month and a half!

conorsmom2000
10-21-2007, 11:20 PM
We also have a Disney Travel on Demand network. You go to it, pick what you want to watch and watch it. There are a bunch of different things on it, including 2 episodes of a program showing you the planning and creation of the Pirates and Princesses party. I have digital cable through Cablevision, which I know is a NY and NJ company not sure about other states.

We just switched back to Optimum from Verizon and that was one of the things I was so happy to have back!! I just love that Disney travel on demand channel!! :thumbsup: :mickey:

NJBelle
10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
:secret: Very Guilty! One time when I wasn't feeling well and wanted to watch a movie, I watched the 2005 Planning Vid.

We have an ancient video that my DB loves to watch. There are two an Epcot one and a Magic Kingdom one. I was baby sitting him and he wanted to watch a movie and I asked him, "What do you want to watch? Do you want to watch Toy Story?" (TS was his fav movie at the time) But he answered, "No. I want to watch Micky Mouse." I was confused. He rolled his eyes and said, "You know. THe Magic Kingdom?" I laughed so hard! Even the 4 year old watches planning videos!

So yes, we just love those planning videos. :D

animalkingdomguy
10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Well it starts as fun and then I get sad because I know it is going to be a long time before I get to go again.:(

ncscgirl2005
10-22-2007, 01:15 PM
I ordered one for my mom since we are planning to take her there next year to celebrate her 50th b-day. She's never been before. She just called me at work to say she received it and is watching it right now!

IloveDisney71
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I can plan a Disney trip with my eyes closed but I still order the Disney planning videos. It's fun to watch and relive the magic. I also think it's a special treat to be flipping the channels and stumble across a Disney "show" on the Travel channel. :mickey:

SoaringEpcot
10-22-2007, 04:46 PM
We got our video back in March and they had edited the wand over Space Shipearth out, and that was several months before it was actually taken down. Did any one else notice that?

EPCOT84
10-31-2007, 03:24 AM
Sorry, :offtopic:, but yes, I noticed the wandless SSE. But then again, over the years, they roll out the same flyover video which is from pre-wand days. If you watch carefully on various shows, including some of the Disney Channel ones, commercials, and I'd bet some of the in-room videos over the years, the editors all too often include both wand and no-wand versions in the same show. (Aren't there people paid to check those inconsistencies?)

Look at the DVDs even the 2005 one and the older videos and you may notice this. I happen to have the fluke timing of having been at Epcot when they were putting it up in preparation for the millenium 2000, before the word "Epcot" replaced "2000", and then went back right after they took it down so I never saw the full wanded SSE ! Fortunately the planning DVDs let me see what I missed !

RAIDER
10-31-2007, 04:58 AM
I get one every year as well as the dvds for the other parks and it always puts a smile on my face :D

DizNee143
10-31-2007, 03:15 PM
omg yes..i do..
i even have some really old ones i love watching..they are great..and definetly help with the disney fix!!
i hope you were able to find the dvd!! if not get on the disney website and get youself another one!! lol :mickey:

Marker
10-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Doesn't everyone? :mickey:

Judging from the poll results, I'd say you are correct.

kdkhopper
10-31-2007, 11:34 PM
I ordered one a couple of months ago for our upcoming trip to Disneyland and I was so excited that the DVD has Disneyland AND WDW on it! Bonus!!

grumpyguy
11-01-2007, 05:02 PM
i watch the hcoe one,it's my favorite.on the average i'll pop it in the dvd player at least once a week.to the point my son (19) will say "not again"!!!i have most of it memorized.
the travel channel stuff is great too.i'm looking for it on dvd.great for a fix:thumbsup:

ToDisney
11-01-2007, 06:43 PM

:jaw:NO TRAVEL CH?? :fit:I would go CRAZY!!

I love to watch my planning DVD!! Like a pp said its not for informational purposes, just for funand a fix! I also have a set of theme park DVD's that I watch from time to time.

I really wish we would get DISNEY Travel on Demand. It really sounds cool. I have satellite TV and still don't get it. :pout: