PDA

View Full Version : Dining with Baby... Highchair questions??

teambricker04
10-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Sooo. We have been to Disney LOADS of times with our oldest since was able to at least sit. We are going in a couple of weeks (Hooray) with our oldest DS and our baby DS. The baby will be 5mo and able to sit well in his stroller or ride in the front carrier, but he still isn't able to sit up enough to sit in a highchair for an entire meal. Do the resturants at WDW have infant highchairs??

We only have a couple of TS ADRs planned... Garden Grill and Yacht Club Galley. Other than that we are going by the seat of our pants with tentative plans to eat at Cosmic Rays and possibly SciFi.

Thanks for your help!!!

Taja
10-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Not sure, but I'm going to say probably not.

We will be traveling with a 3.5-month-old in December, and when I made our ADRs and asked about high chairs, I was told he probably would have to be in his carrier or on someone's lap. Although we have only four people dining, we are considered a "party of five" so a chair (or space for a highchair--not sure how it works) will be available for his carrier.

teambricker04
10-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Ugh. What a pain. I sort of figured. He is finally getting to the point that he dislikes his carseat.

amorillo
10-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I was wondering this myself.... We will be traveling with a 5 month old in February. Anyone else travel with an infant... what did you do for TS meals???

Mickey'sGirl
10-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Actually, if you have your kangaroo carrier with you, the wooden high chairs are designed to flip over, and have the carry thing rest in the bottom, at your table level.

The other thing you might consider is travelling with a towel, that can be smudged in behind your little one if they are kinda already nearly sitting up on their own. Have fun! :mickey:

magicofdisney
10-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Some restaurants will allow you to take in your personal stroller. We were in the MK a couple of weeks ago and my 2yo was asleep in his stroller. The Plaza Restaurant allowed us to take the stroller in while he continued to sleep. I'm sure not all restaurants are as accommodating, but you can ask at check-in.