PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever feel like their trip is coming too fast?

BriarRose
10-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I was just wondering if anyone ever feels unprepared, like if you only had another month or two before your vacation arrives? Like you need more time to save money or lose weight? We are leaving in 33 days and I could use another month or so to get ready. It seems like one day the trip seems so far off and then - BAM - it's almost here and I'm not ready!

Oh well, we will still have a great time!

Laura670
10-19-2007, 01:31 PM
I feel my trip isn't coming fast enough! .......no I do know exactly what you mean you plan and plan then all of a sudden your trip is here and you feel like you don't have enough time to do those last minute things

ibrowse17
10-19-2007, 01:38 PM
If anything, our trips go by too fast. They never get here soon enough, but always end way to early.

Disney Doll
10-19-2007, 02:15 PM
For me it's just the opposite. I hate the waiting. Sometimes the day before is a little hectic trying to tie up all the loose ends at work and getting the packing done, but generally I'm just happy it's finally here.

teambricker04
10-19-2007, 02:19 PM
They never come fast enough for me!!! I could go with just the clothes on my back and my credit card and be just fine. The thing is... my family travels by the seat of our pants, and we travel often.

Scarey thing... I am already planning the next trip and we don't leave for this one until Nov 4th!!!! Just call me an addict.

Taja
10-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Yep! Our is approaching very rapidly.

While I always could save more money or lose weight, my biggest issue is too much to be done in too short a time before we leave!

Our weather finally cooled off sufficiently (80s to 90s during the day) to do some serious yard work. It's also going to cool down a little too much in about 2 weeks! *LOL* So I have two--three if I'm lucky--weekends to do the major outdoors stuff, in addition to all of the errands that need to be done, housework... You get the picture! :)

Never happy, am I? ;)

Bethis26fan
10-19-2007, 02:42 PM
They never come fast enough for me!!! I could go with just the clothes on my back and my credit card and be just fine. The thing is... my family travels by the seat of our pants, and we travel often.

Scarey thing... I am already planning the next trip and we don't leave for this one until Nov 4th!!!! Just call me an addict.

lol I know what you mean we don't go till Nov 25 and I'm already planning an april trip. WDW should come with a warning lable...Once isn't enough you will be hooked. lol

vicster
10-19-2007, 02:45 PM
It never comes fast enough for me. I don't pack until the night before and I don't stress out about it anymore. If I forget something I'll just buy it. No need to start the vacation feeling stressed out.

We came back from WDW September 21st and we're ready to go again (I wish).

kathiep
10-19-2007, 03:07 PM
I start off feeling that it can't come soon enough.

But about 2 weeks before, I start wishing time would slow down! I just have too much to do an dnot enough time to get it all done.

JPL
10-19-2007, 03:37 PM
I have different phases

1.It seems like it's a million years away. :wait:

2. It doesn't even feel like I am going :confused:

3. I have just the right amount of time to get everything together :vacation:

4. OMG!! I have to pack my trip is hours away :eek:

mudpuppysmom
10-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Our trips never get here fast enough, yet the day before we leave I'm still not packed!! Usually I'm packing as we are getting ready for bed and right as we walk out the door I'm still tossing things into the luggage.......DH tries to get the car packed the night before, but he can't do it all until I'm done packing everything......that's why I make a list and triple check it to make sure we have everything......but, as a woman, there are things that I use the morning we leave, so I can't possibly pack that stuff!!

Strange thing with me is that the trips never get here fast enough, but once we are there they fly by and we're back home before I can blink I swear!!!

Haunt1000
10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
I cant wait, I cant wait,I cant wait,I cant wait,I cant wait, I cant wait,I cant wait,I cant wait,I cant wait, I cant wait,I cant wait,I cant wait, December cant get here fast enough!
This is my first DW trip and I have been planning for months. Usually I dont cause I go to DL and I know what I am doing. More than amonth out and I only have to get a ride from Universal to DW and Pack!!!! I cant wait, I cant wait,I cant wait,I cant wait,I cant wait, I cant wait,I cant wait,I cant wait,I cant wait, I cant wait,I cant wait,I cant wait!!!

SAHDad
10-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Ours is coming a little quickly. Sure, it's not until January, but my wife and I both have to do a lot of training for the marathon, and she had a fender-bender tonight that is going to drain off some of the $$ we had been saving for Disney stuff (souvenirs, dining, etc)

Oh well. I just need to look at our Disney calender and put it all back into perspective, right?

Beast_fanatic
10-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I felt that way the last couple of weeks before our trip, and ended up packing with little time to spare. My primary issue was deadlines at work.

Sinewiz
10-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Nope, it never comes soon enough for me.;) But seriously, I know what you mean. So much planning to do and your always afraid that you'll forget something.

vizsla
10-21-2007, 07:30 AM
This is the first time that I have to say I feel unprepared. DW and I have been extremely busy with our jobs, I started coaching basketball at DD's school, and DD with her gymnastics. In addition to all that we are in the process of coordinating a major construction project at our home which we have scheduled to start when we leave for WDW in 1-month. We figured this would be the best time for us since we won't be here any way, and by two weeks we will have somewhat of a house to come back to. We are doing a total make over of the entire first floor plus a small addition (Sunroom). So we have been busy packing things up and started moving some furniture out and putting it in storage. At least we have piece of mind when we go that we can trust the contractor doing the job since we are best friends. (We are like brothers)

merlinmagic4
10-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Actually, I do feel like my trip is coming up too soon. I think it feels this way because I know I probably won't be back until 2009 (although I'm still holding onto a thread of hope for 2008) so I don't want it to be over, yet it hasn't even started :confused:

IloveDisney71
10-21-2007, 11:10 PM
I have only felt like this one time. It was when Hurricane Ivan hit our area and I had to cancel a Oct. trip with my kids and rearrange a trip with just me and my husband for Nov. I only had about 3 months to plan and I usually have at least 6 months. I had to cancel the Oct. trip and plan for a Nov. trip. Anyway...I got everything done in time and we had a wonderful trip. Other than that, my trips can never get here soon enough.

brownie
10-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Not soon enough for us; we're looking at 2009 for our next trip!

#1donaldfan
10-22-2007, 12:49 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ?????? Disney can't come soon enough......and we're not even in our "infancy" planning stages yet!!!!!

Mickey 101
11-01-2007, 12:29 AM
I have felt like my trip is coming too fast, not so much in regard to packing and last-minute things (because I love every bit of getting ready for a WDW trip), but because I start thinking the sooner it gets here, the sooner it will be over. Ideally, I wish I was always about 30 days from my next trip. Guess I'd better move to Florida!! :D