PDA

View Full Version : Special Dining For Mom's 50th

ncscgirl2005
10-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Hello All. I am in the beginning stages of planning a family trip to DW for my mom's 50th birthday next year. Can anyone give me suggestions for a really nice and entertaining dinner? This is her first trip so we were thinking of doing a dinner show but we are open to other suggestions as well. I was thinking about the Spirit of Aloha show but I've never been there myself. Would this be appropriate to go to as a birthday dinner?

Thank you in advance for the wonderful suggestions I know I will receive! You guys are the greatest! :thumbsup:

By the way the trip is tentatively set for November 6-11 2008 and her b-day is November 7 (on a Friday night).

Here is the cast:
1. Mom
2. Sister and boyfriend
3. Brother
4. My family (Myself, DH and DDs ages 11 & 7 at the time of the trip).

LibertyTreeGal
10-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Well, I don't know about that dinner show, I haven't heard great things but I've also never gone. I'd do Hoop Dee Doo plus a ladies afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian :) or depending on what kind of gal she is, she might be tickled by a character breakfast (not knowing her personality, I have no idea) instead of tea.

In any event, have fun!

You might even take ehr to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for a princess makeover :D

poeticeclipse
10-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, if your mom wants "nice" i'd go for Narcoosees or maybe California Grill.

If she still loves having a good time, i'd do a double day! Do Sci-Fi for lunch and 50's Prime Time for dinner! My mom is a 50's/60's nut and she loves Prime Time. For her 58th birthday they made a big deal out of her birthday and it was really special.

mackeymouse
10-19-2007, 01:23 PM
It also depends on who is in attendence with you. We prefer the Hoop De Du to Spirit of Aloha. But my 5 yr DD loves SoA.

I think the afternoon tea is a great girls thing to do, give you (sisters if any) a chance to have alone adult time with mom.

Either show is expensive so I'd let her look at it unless you are trying to surprise her.

Mia

ElenitaB
10-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Hoop-Dee-Doo is a great dinner show... lots of fun and good food.

If you want something more elegant for her birthday, I'd suggest California Grill.

Another fun thing for her might be 50s Prime Time Cafe. I'm of the same vintage as your mom (well, close) and I remember so many of the decorations they have around the restaurant from my childhood.

Last but not least... I totally agree with LibertyTreeGal and mackeymouse... go to tea at the Grand Floridian. It is a lovely experience and your mom will enjoy the time there with you!

ncscgirl2005
10-19-2007, 01:57 PM
It also depends on who is in attendence with you. We prefer the Hoop De Du to Spirit of Aloha. But my 5 yr DD loves SoA.

:blush: That's cute because the only reason why I am thinking about that is because my kids suggested it!!!

amorillo
10-19-2007, 02:41 PM
We're taking my Mom for her 51st b-day this February! She's NEVER been to WDW... So I think I may be more excited than her! I can't wait to see her reactions to the parks!

For her b-day dinner (Groundhog's Day) I printed out a ton of menus and let her pick! So we're having breakfast at the castle! And dinner at Teppan Edo. But... this may have to change to lunch... if they have the P & P party that night!! :fingers:

:figment: only 99 days to go!!! :ccat:

ncscgirl2005
10-19-2007, 03:00 PM
For her b-day dinner (Groundhog's Day) I printed out a ton of menus and let her pick! So we're having breakfast at the castle! And dinner at Teppan Edo. But... this may have to change to lunch... if they have the P & P party that night!! :fingers:

:figment: only 99 days to go!!! :ccat:

Oohh..that's a good idea. I should do that. Thanks.

brogan54
10-20-2007, 12:13 AM
either hoop de doo or cali grill loved both:mickey:

Jared
10-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Last but not least... I totally agree with LibertyTreeGal and mackeymouse... go to tea at the Grand Floridian. It is a lovely experience and your mom will enjoy the time there with you!
I agree! Go have tea! Your mom (and you) will love it.

:tasty: