PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY! Where's your Mullet?

MickeysGirl
10-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Hey Everybody! and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

It's been an adventurous couple of days around these parts. I witnessed my first tornado yesterday while at work. :scared: And I never have to see another one as long as I live and I'll be A-OK! The weather has been none stop rain since yesterday morning. :umbrella: And tonight is the start of a very special festival here in Niceville... the Mullet Festival!

I know, I can hear you all now, "How can those crazy Floridians have a festival devoted to a hairstyle??" Well, that's the beauty of it! It's not about the hairstyle, it's about the fish! And I know, pretty much the same comment is coming to mind, but it's actually a really big deal in these parts! And we'll be going on Sunday to see what all the fuss is about.

But in the mean time, I thought we could all find our mullets (either or both kind) and we could get started with today's...

:dory: Mullets with Mullets Monster Mash! :rocker:

Happy Friday Everyone!

Specialty Drink of the Day: :marg: Fish Lips
.... with soda for the kids and an open bar as always ....
:papple: :beer: :wine:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. If you're around any of this inclement weather, please, please, please stay safe!!

And for those interested...

FISH LIPS

1.5 oz. Vodka
0.5 oz. Kirschwasser
0.5 oz. Triple Sec
0.5 oz. Grapefruit Juice

Fill a shaker half full with ice cubes. Pour all ingredients into shaker and shake well. Strain drink into a Cocktail glass and serve.

Jasper
10-19-2007, 07:44 AM
Hmmmm. . . I always did think there was something fishy about a town called Niceville!! (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!)

Have a good Friday and pass the liquor!

drummerboy
10-19-2007, 07:59 AM
I guess I should wear my hair down today in honor of the occasion. Since I'm a coastal-type, I can understand the (fish)mullet festival though.

I'll pass on the fish lips. Was that one named after Mick Jagger?

Happy Friday!

Caroleh
10-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Happy Friday, Everyone!!!

I'll pass on the drink and stick with my Dr. Pepper!!

MauiMouse
10-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Since I'm a coastal-type, I can understand the (fish)mullet festival though.

Same here, we have a couple Fish Festivals in this part too. :dory: :nemo:

I'll pass on the Fish Lips too. How about a Bailey's and Coffee to start the morning?

Happy Friday!

JanetMegan
10-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Man I think this week's party may be the "Best Friday Intercot Party Title EVER!"

I wish we had mullet wigs!! I'll take a :marg:please!

Mickey'sGirl
10-19-2007, 08:47 AM
I'll take a drink....Thanks!

I'm glad you are safe after your tornado scare -- there were tornado warnings up here in Toronto last night too!

Happy Friday everyone! I brought all the left over candy from last Friday's MNSSHP!

youngOx96
10-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Why not make it a combo festival? Maybe you could invite Billy Ray Cyrus to be the Grand Marshal of the Mullet Parade. He could sing that song he always sings on Hannah Montana "I want my Mullet back"!:D

Fish festivals are kind of fun. Some of my fondest memories as a child come from a time when I lived near a town called Flopeye. Every year they would have a fish festival called, you guessed it, the Flopeye Fish Festival. Catfish was the most celebrated fish in those days. Ah memories!

I too will have to pass on the Fish Lips, but I'd be happy to take a :marg:. After all, it's five o'clock somewhere. Anyway, Happy Friday and have fun at the Mullet Festival!

Mickey'sGirl
10-19-2007, 08:54 AM
I lived near a town called Flopeye. Every year they would have a fish festival called, you guessed it, the Flopeye Fish Festival. Ox, I love it! Flopeye is a fabulous name! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 08:59 AM
:party: Happy Friday!! I think I'll pass on the drink this morning, and stick w/ my coffee -- but I'll join in the celebration!! Have a great day, everyone!! :party:

disneydrmr
10-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Can I change my mullet to a mallet? That seems to better suit my day today...

Glad you are ok after the tornado scare... we had severe weather/tornados round our part also.. very scary stuff!

I'll skip the fish lips and can I have a Hot Caramel Apple Cider? Extra whipped cream please?

Hope everyone has a happy Friday and a happy Mullet day!

offwego
10-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Now that is a title indeed..I'll skip the drink thanks but take a coffee if it's around and handy.

Isn't it funny how Billy Ray has such a sense of humour about the cliche's about himself?

Have a wonderful weekend all!

mouseaddict
10-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Well, my friend lives in Crestview and is always trying to get me to move there....this post has finally given me some excellent reasons to stay here in Jax! (and that is saying something since I hate Jax!)

ChipDale
10-19-2007, 11:36 AM
:cheers: Happy Friday! :cheers:

Mullets (the hair, not the fish) are just wrong! :nono: :funny:

So, I'll drink to the fish, but not the hair! :cheers:

Lots of beer please, Jamie! :beer:

Have a great weekend everybody! :cheers:

ibrowse17
10-19-2007, 11:40 AM
As a grad of Niceville High School and former Boggy Boy, I know where my mullet is...:secret:
Enjoy the festival, it was always fun:thumbsup:

tinkwest
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I am SO glad this is about a fish and not the hair. I'm with Jane . . "Mullets (the hair, not the fish) are just wrong!".

BTW, I'll take all of those Fish Lips everyone is passing on. I am expecting a difficult day and need all the help I can get!

Cheers!

MsMin
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Happy Friday Everyone
Those tornadoes are scary, I was in a bldg hit by one in Hurricane Betsy :scared: I'm glad you are okay.
I think of you when I pass your Walgreens- it's coming along nicely.
Missed you all last Friday, unfortunately I was in WDW and I'm not today(that's the unfortunate part).
Mullets bring back lots of childhood memories:ack: They really stink we used to use them for crab bait and I would have a heartattack when they would school up and the sharks (or tarpon or Jack) would attack them and I was in the water :scared:
I love the fish lips drink but I'll stick to my :coffee: this morning....
Have a great wknd everyone.....

Jasper
10-19-2007, 12:04 PM
I wish we had mullet wigs!!

Stop by my wife's costume store, she has mullet wigs for sale!!

ElenitaB
10-19-2007, 12:50 PM
I'll pass on the fish lips (sending it and :pixie: to you, Linda) and I'll stick with my tea today (wishing it was Tea at the Grand Flo).

I do have a question though: do those fish have eyes?

Have a great, no-severe-weather weekend, all!

MickeysGirl
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
I do have a question though: do those fish have eyes?

In honor of Jeanne... YOU BET THEY DO! :eyes:

Now you do realize that I will spend my whole time at the festival looking for any fish item that has huge eyes! hahahaha :silly:

Drinks are on the bar folks... :wine: :marg: :papple: :beer:

ibrowse17
10-19-2007, 01:56 PM
I am SO glad this is about a fish and not the hair. I'm with Jane . . "Mullets (the hair, not the fish) are just wrong!".

BTW, I'll take all of those Fish Lips everyone is passing on. I am expecting a difficult day and need all the help I can get!

Cheers!

You can laugh, but the King of the Mullets, Billy Ray Cyrus, used to play the festival every year. Man did he have a great head of hair.:cap:

That smilie is the only one I can find that looks some what like a true mullet. Or as we call them in Alabama, an Alabama Waterfall hair cut.

MauiMouse
10-19-2007, 03:56 PM

Now you do realize that I will spend my whole time at the festival looking for any fish item that has huge eyes! hahahaha :silly:

Drinks are on the bar folks... :wine: :marg: :papple: :beer:

Tell Nigel we want pictures of those Fishes! :nemo:

SgtTigger
10-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Hmmmm. . . I always did think there was something fishy about a town called Niceville!! (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!)

And you wonder why Jamie was drawn to this town?????????????

Now you do realize that I will spend my whole time at the festival looking for any fish item that has huge eyes! hahahaha

You do realize I will hear about this right.......

Happy Friday Everyone........

My weekend has already started with politicing.... Yes we have an election this weekend.... So tomorrow I will be out at 4:30 am working :alarm:..... I wonder if the party will still be going on???????????????
Jamie I will be waiting for the pictures.... of the EYES.... :eek: :eyes:

:cop: :tigger: