PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical about DDP and ADR

bkfree
10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
First off, we love the DDP and could not imagine a trip withoout it. We also love ADR's and the planning of the trip for many months in advance in all part of the magic for us.
So here's our quandry.

We are thinking about going in May 08, the week before Memorial Day, missing the holiday crowds. But we really won't decided aboout this until after the holidays. So here's my question.
Let's say in Jan we decide to book the trip and buy the DDP BUT what if at that late date we are unable to get ADR's for out TS credits, then what?????????
Can you book the DDP and if you cannot get suitable ADR's , then can you drop the DDP?
Has anyone ever had an issue in getting TS ADR's and having the DDP?
We are those people that usually book an all our ADR's 180 days out and like that?
Am I being paranoid and **** about it or is it a justified fear?
HELP!
Or just we just wait and go in the fall when I can have plenty of time to plan as usual?
HELP?

BugeyedMuggy
10-19-2007, 06:09 AM
You can book your ADR's then add the DDP after also. I do not know about cancelling it after you order it. Maybe someone else can help you there.

LibertyTreeGal
10-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Magical Journeys could do it for you! :thumbsup: You can change your package, I don't think there would be any problem with that....

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm with you, I always book my ADR's exactly, on the 180-day mark.

So, we're also going in May (sounds like the week before you), and will be up bright and early to book on November 12 (not that I'm counting down or anything).

If I were in your shoes, I would book the ADR's, and if we decided that we weren't going, call back and cancel...much better than not getting the places that you wanted.

I think you can book the trip, and then either add or remove the DDP, as long as you do it before the final payment is due...but MJ can sort that out for you for sure.

Good luck, and happy eating :eat:

Jared
10-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Book your dining reservations in November, assuming you're traveling in May. If you can't go, just cancel the arrangements. Advance Dining Reservations are flexible and easily changed, but it's better to have them in case you do make the vacation.

Seasonscraps
10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
It seems the DDP side of your question is covered.

For getting ADR's in mid-may -- DH & I have never had a problem getting into our preferred restaurant at a reasonable time 6-8 weeks prior to our arrival and frequently make last minutes changes while we are there.

HTH!