PDA

View Full Version : Annual pass reduced rates

gerald72
10-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Typically, how much of a reduced resort room rate do Annual Pass holders receive?
Which times of year do they receive the best discounts?
If only a child has an Annual Pass, does the family still get the reduced room rate?

DizneyRox
10-18-2007, 03:17 PM
AP discounted rooms are are all over the place. They used to be 50% or about there, lately, they have been scaled based on tpe of accomodations. I think value is like $50, Moderates are $75 and deluxe are $100 or so.

It really depends on what's going on. Everything is based on availability. If people aren't going, they may offer some outstanding deals, but if the resorts are pretty well booked, they may not offer anything, or it may be only slightly discounted.

Disney has been pretty well filled up the past few years, which is why the AP discounts are less valueable than they used to be. I have found it tough to justify the purchase of an AP for the room discounts lately. Still possible, but when I can/want to go, they just haven't been there.

You need an adult AP to get AP discounted room rate. A child pass will get you no where. This is a change in the last few years as well.

Crow
10-18-2007, 06:29 PM
i took a chance & upgraded to AP last month hoping for some good rates next yr. i used to have 1 and got some decent rates, but then it wasnt as good so i let it lapse. and occupancy rate at the rooms have been higher so there might not be as much discounts...
i heard that WL has been sold out almost every night this yr. keepin my fingers crossed for something in Feb or May thats good. but at least i had my park admission paid and i will get the DDE card to help w dining