PDA

View Full Version : Question about Food for Toddlers

gtpooh
10-18-2007, 12:00 PM
We are taking 15 month old DS to WDW in a few weeks. What are the best toddler meal options? What do you recommend as places to go? Are there any grilled cheese options at counter service restaurants, or just mac and cheese type things? He's still trying new foods, and doesn't eat really "hard" foods like carrot sticks. Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions!

magicofdisney
10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
When we took our 15mos old, we took extra baby food/toddler snacks with us. The buffets are probably your best bet for variety. But I always had the baby food/toddler snacks on hand for those times there just wasn't anything he wanted. You can always get something like apple sauce or yogurt at CS. :mickey:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
My DS was a little older - 17 mo. The food choices are limited, but I agree with the previous poster: bring baby food and try the buffets.

Also, you could have items delivered via Garden Grocer so you always have options in your room. We requested a mini fridge, and it came in handy for keeping milk, cold cuts, fruit, yogurt, etc.

TBY2225
10-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I would recommend taking a few toddler meals as well. We did this a few weeks ago with our little one and we only had to use them twice. Usually you can find something soft on most buffetts and even TS resturants have things like mashed potatoes or rice on the menu.
I didn't notice grilled cheese on any menu. But, I know most resturants will bend over backward to make sure you are happy with the selections.

SAHDad
10-18-2007, 05:42 PM
As others have said, buffets are a good bet. With our son, we were able to break a hamburger, hot dog, etc into small enough pieces that he could eat them.

I'm flipping through some of the online menus, and it looks like you can get grapes or applesauce instead of carrots at some of the CS places.

And definitely pack a couple of toddler meals, as well as toddler-friendly snacks, just in case.

gtpooh
10-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for all of your help! We were definitely planning on packing some baby food and getting some fruit and other items for our DS from Garden Grocer. Hopefully, we can find some soft foods during our stay, as he much prefers "real" food to "baby" food these days, although he still eats both. 15 days to go!! :mickey:

tyandskyesmom
10-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Actually, a lot more places are not serving grilled cheese so it is findable but it might take some looking. My kids are grilled cheese, nugget, pizza, and hot dog kids so believe me, we manage to find grilled cheese here and there because I get tired of them eating hot dogs, nuggets. and pizza for the whole trip...i think they even do!

And actually I was just thinking about this yesterday while looking thru menus...my kids are past that phase where I need to worry about choking hazzards but isn't it odd that in the interest of "health" Disney has chosen grapes and carrots as the two side choices for a kids meal when they are really choking hazards for smaller children? And then your dessert choice is usually sugar free applesauce, which for a lot of people is not really even an option? Just wondering?

74 more days!!!!

Jared
10-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Make sure to bring food from home for your child because not all the Disney restaurants are especially accommodating for toddlers. As Sherry said, carrots and grapes are considered a choking hazard and are served as the side dish for many children's meals.

Check some menus online and see what appeals to your son.

Good luck!

:tasty:

teambricker04
10-19-2007, 01:38 PM
We always took with us the Gerber Graduates "Meals". Everything is pre cooked and in a nice little container. It doesn't need to be heated up, but it can be. They are small enough to pack in a diaper bag or stroller. Plus, the carrots are cubed and cooked so they are squishy!

Again, I agree try buffets. They have the most selection.

Have fun!!!

Goofy Pluto
10-22-2007, 10:45 AM
We always took with us the Gerber Graduates "Meals".

Does anyone know, if we did bring these, if they would heat them up for us in the restaurants? Thanks!

teambricker04
10-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Does anyone know, if we did bring these, if they would heat them up for us in the restaurants? Thanks!

I have no idea if they would at the resturants, but they have microwaves at the baby stations.