PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Question

alphamommy
10-18-2007, 08:54 AM
We are in a family/friends fantasy football league, playing only for family pride and bragging rights (no money involved).

There are 10 teams in our league, and tight ends are a "tight" commodity. I have two, and have to start one. They are Alge Crumpler (Atlanta) and Greg Olsen (Chicago). Neither has done much this year, and both are projected for the same (small) number of points this week. Atlanta is playing New Orleans, and Chicago is playing Philadelphia.

Any opinions on who I should start? I'm ready to just flip a coin!

Thanks,
Tammy

Ian
10-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Philly's defense has only given up six touchdowns in 5 games. I'm pretty sure New Orleans gave up six touchdowns in one game.

Start Crumpler.

Jeff
10-18-2007, 09:25 AM
I agree with Ian. Start Crumpler and don't look back.

Strmchsr
10-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Now Ian, aren't you starting Greg Olson in our league this week? ;)

I agree that Philly's defense is tough. However, the Falcons announced that they are going to bench Joey Harrington in favor of Byron Leftwhich. There's no telling what they will do to Algie Crumpler's numbers. It could go huge, or he could not target him at all. Greg Olson, on the other hand, has seen an uptick in his performance since Griese became the starter. It really could go either way, and often when a new QB is inserted coaches like lots of short dump offs to the TE, but there is no way to know and I hate the unknown in fantasy football.

KronkHere
10-18-2007, 09:40 AM
I have been playing FF for years...Long story short TE's rarely matter. If you dont have Tony Gonzalez, Anotonio Gates, or Jason Whitten, then flip a coin - in the end it probably will not matter....

Have fun!!!

:number1:

WDWfanatic742
10-18-2007, 09:46 AM
I have Crumpler and it has been tough. I have given up on having a TE in my league anymore, and will just start him from now on. I think the last two weeks he has had a total of two catches for 13 yards.

CleveSJM
10-18-2007, 10:43 AM
I'd buck the trend and go with Olsen. Crumpler is just not getting any looks at all. I think Chicago might try to feature a TE this week to shake up the Philly D.

How about free agency? I like Scaife this week. Maybe Zach Miller too...

kakn7294
10-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Lucky me, I have Antonio Gates and Heath Miller! Of course, TE and defense is about the only spot where my team is strong, so I'm not doing very well (I'm proud to say I'm 1 - 5), but that's another story. Between Crumpler and Olsen, I'd choose Crumpler despite his poor showing so far this season. I still think he has better odds with Leftwich than Olsen has with Griese. Good luck!

Ian
10-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Now Ian, aren't you starting Greg Olson in our league this week? ;)Only out of necessity. :(

I have been playing FF for years...Long story short TE's rarely matter. If you dont have Tony Gonzalez, Anotonio Gates, or Jason Whitten, then flip a coin - in the end it probably will not matter....Also good advice.

WDWfanatic742
10-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Same thing with kickers. You don't need the best one, just the one that gets the most looks in a game with a poor offense who can't get it in the endzone. The kickers seem to change that spot every week.

WDWfanatic742
10-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Alge Crumpler is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game. Nobody expects Atlanta to start him, so better start looking on the waiver wires for any kind of replacement.

kakn7294
10-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Yep, Crumpler is listed as doubtful - either start Olsen or start looking for someone else!

WDWfanatic742
10-20-2007, 01:03 PM
I have Crumpler so I had to pick up Randy McMichael. He seems to be the best option that isn't on a team in a lot of leagues.

alphamommy
10-20-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm going to play Olsen - the "best" available TEs left in our league are Matt Spaeth (Pittsburgh) and Eric Johnson (New Orleans), and neither are projected to do any better than Olsen.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

Tammy

kakn7294
10-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Actually, Matt Spaeth might not be such a bad deal in a pinch - Ben Roethlisberger likes those big tight ends! If he's back and healthy, he'll pick up a few yards here and there and possibly even a score once in a while. It's all just the luck of the draw with TE's but he's a decent bye week option or injury replacement when necessary.