PDA

View Full Version : 7 months pregnant!

Imagineer1981
10-17-2007, 11:43 PM
My wife will be 7 almost 8 months pregnant when we go in Dec. Has anyone else gone during this time and what did you do? Personally we are looking forward to going and seeing shows we skip, or attractions we normally don't do, like Tiki or COP.

disneymom07
10-18-2007, 07:27 AM
I was 7 months pregnant when we went in 2003 with my DS3. I had a great time. The walking didn't bother me at all. I got to go to all the shows and on some of the tamer rides. My DS3 unually got tired out before I did, we were there in Sept and it was pretty hot. The only trouble I had was trying to stand on the bus when it was full. You'll have a great time, just pace yourselves.:mickey:

LittleRoosMommy
10-18-2007, 08:03 AM
I was 6 months pregnant when we went on our "Babymoon" in Oct. 2003. We had a great time. The walking didn't bother me. I was able to ride most of the tamer rides and saw all the shows that we normally miss! Just make sure your DW drinks plenty of water and pace yourself in the parks. We also went to Disneyland in 2006 when I was 6 months pregnant with DD2 and had a great time as well. DD1 was usually worn out long before me! I hope you have a great time!!

gardenia
10-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Personally, I think Tiki might be dangerous for pregnant women! Seriously, have you seen it? There's definitely a risk of hearing and/or brain damage!! ;->

MickeyMousse
10-18-2007, 09:26 AM
I was 7 months pregnant in 6/01 and had a great time. Of course, nothing bumpy or fast for me ride-wise, but I was able to enjoy just about everything else. What I couldn't go on, I just waited outside the ride for my DH and DS to come off of. I was happy to just rest sometimes. Just pace yourself and enjoy!!!

Jason Hook
10-18-2007, 09:45 AM
We went last December and my wife was 6 months pregnant. I started each day with a backpack containing about 10 bottles of water. They were usually gone by the end of the day. Be ready for many stops at the restroom. Be patient. We only went to the parks every other day so we could sleep late after getting up early the day before. We had a good trip, but we will plan around the pregnacy next time.

Terra
10-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Personally, I think Tiki might be dangerous for pregnant women! Seriously, have you seen it? There's definitely a risk of hearing and/or brain damage!! ;->

:funny:

I've been when I was 7 months to EPCOT and MK and this is what I did:

EPCOT:

Soarin
Living with the Land
Figment
You can do NEMO and friends too
El Rio de Tempo
Maelstorm
Spaceship Earth
Ellen
And of course she'll be able to do shows and movies.

MK:

Everything in Fantasy Land [except tea cups:ack:]
POTC
Tiki
Alladian
Astro Orbitor
Buzz Lightyear
Shows

Hope you guys have a great time!

May524
10-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Imagineer1981: Seems like we are in the same boat! I will be 6 months pregnant on our babymoon next month. I'm very excited, but in a way very nervous. I seem to get wiped out quickly and don't know how I'll manage. However, it's just DH and I so I'm sure things will be fine. :)

Imagineer1981
10-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Imagineer1981: Seems like we are in the same boat! I will be 6 months pregnant on our babymoon next month. I'm very excited, but in a way very nervous. I seem to get wiped out quickly and don't know how I'll manage. However, it's just DH and I so I'm sure things will be fine. :)

I like this term, babymoon, never heard it before...its great!! It will be just me and the wife so we can take it easy, and it will be in Dec, so not too hot. Thanks for the help

seanyred
10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
My wife and I went on our babymoon this past January when she was 6 months. The way we handled it was by having a good breakfast and then spending a morning in a park. Then go back to the hotel for an afternoon nap and then go back to the park that has EMH for that evening. One other thing my wife loved was going to Blizzard Beach and floating in the lazy river (it helped releave the pressure from her back.) Just remember to take it easy and don't worry if you don't get to everything....because you'll have even a better reason to go back when the little one gets older...

MinniesMom
10-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I had to laugh when I saw this post (not to be disrespectful by any means.) I will be 7 months pregnant when we go in Nov. with my 3rd child. This post really brought me back to the days when I was pregnant the first time around and how crazy my husband and I were about every little thing. Almost to the point where pregnancy was like a handicap. I just wanted to say, enjoy yourselves! LOL. By the time you get to your second or third you just don't have the same luxuries (i.e. going back to the room to take a nap, etc...) There are only a hand full of rides at Disney that a pregnant women can't go on. As long as I am well hydrated, I plan to enjoy our family vacation with the kids to the fullest!