PDA

View Full Version : food and wine festival

austalysgram
10-17-2007, 08:40 PM
We are going to WDW from Nov 4-9:cloud9:. This will be our first time at the Food & Wine Festival and know nothing about it. From what I read, you pay as you go for samples, is this correct. What time do the countries start serving the food and:wine: drinks? Any other tidbits of info will be appreciated. :joy:Looking forward to this trip.

mickey-mouse35
10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes, you pay as you go for samples. World Showcase opens at 11 am each day and closes at 9 pm. Look here on Intercot--in dining--whole thread on the booths with menus, etc.

Mickey 101
10-17-2007, 11:16 PM
We just got back from our first time at the Food & Wine Festival. It was really fun and we were glad we got to experience it. As the other poster stated, it opens when WS does. Some mornings, other guests were enjoying their libations before I'd even gotten my morning coffee, but I made up for it later. ;) Have a great trip!!

drosenbe
10-18-2007, 08:31 AM
F&W was great when we went 2 years ago. I have a question regarding F&W and the food plan. How does it work? Does each booth count as a snack, counter service or part of a sit down meal? It seems that it would be wastefull to use it as a counter service.

Thanks

DadTriton
10-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Every booth has 3-4 gourmet or traditional food choices. One is usually a dessert. Each booth also has about 3 wines and sometimes a beer or an unusual drink like Sake.
The booths for the established countries (that have a pavillion - like Canada) may have dishes from the restaurant. TRY THE CHEESE SOUP!
Each tasting will set you back $6-$9 a person if you get wine.
We feed our kids a traditional lunch and skip lunch ourselves and try 5-6 booths.:eat:

FLPasHldrs
10-18-2007, 10:31 PM
:chef:Besides the holidays, the F&W festival is one of our favorite times to go. We usually start at Mexico and work our way around WS. Mexico has 2 food items that are awesome. By the time we make it to Italy we are stuffed but always find room for the Cheddar Cheese soup at Canada. If you like fruity drinks, China has a Green Tea Plum Wine cooler that is sinful. I look forward to that every year. As for the price, we usually spend about $50 to $60 by the time we're done but if you consider that eating at one of the sit down restaurants you can spend double that without the variety.

Happy eats.

Catwillow
10-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Just plan that each sample is going to run you minimum of $2+. "Most" samples can be shared. They are not large, but very tasty. My husband and I went for the afternoon with about $60....we had a great time and tried many different foods. We are going to try and go at least 1 more day before it's over. As we live in Melbourne FL -- we are only a short drive... :mickey:

MsMin
10-19-2007, 01:44 AM
F&W was great when we went 2 years ago. I have a question regarding F&W and the food plan. How does it work? Does each booth count as a snack, counter service or part of a sit down meal? It seems that it would be wastefull to use it as a counter service.

Thanks
There are many food items that can be used as a snack item. When EPCOT has EMH in the evening the booths stay open later, some as late as 10:30 but it is up to the individual booths. I guess many stay open until they run out of the prepared items.
There are so many things to try we bought only 1 or two per country. We started in Canada and were full by Italy. The Escargot in France were wonderful and great w/ the Cheese soup.
I don't think I tried everything I had hoped but was satiated by the time we were 1/2 way. We spent 4 days in the park and went to EPCOT everyday. I found Saturday night the most crowded....

pook@wdw
10-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Our magical journeys to WDW, always happen in Oct as that is our DD's fall break from school. We love being there during the F & W festival. It's wonderful to sample all the culinary delights from all around the World, but during F&W, there are even more countries represented. You pay to sample at various booths, and hours are usually from 11am to 9pm. We start in the early evening, and stroll along the WS lagoon, eating and drinking our way "around the World". We take time to stop and enjoy the different musical talents from all over the World. And at the end of the night, we witness the most fabulous fireworks show ever. What's not to love?:thumbsup:

austalysgram
10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks for all your responses:thumbsup:, they have been so helpful. Guess we will start when WS opens and probably go til it closes. We are so looking forward to this. Everything sounds so great and we will definitely not miss the soup at Canada. 2 weeks to go.:cloud9:

WDWfanatic742
10-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks from me as well :thumbsup:. This is my first time at F&W Festival as well and getting more and more excited about it.