PDA

View Full Version : How would u play it...

Haunt1000
10-17-2007, 06:39 PM
I have three days in December and want to see as much as possible. I am a Disneyland guy so I have allready set a day for the MK and a day for EPCOT. Now here is my question.

I am going to split AK and MGM up into one day since I have to meet someone at the POR in between the two parks, I am wondering which way to play it. AK in the morning or MGM? or vice versa? Please advise...:blush:

teambricker04
10-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I would do AK in the morning as the animals are usually up and around. Also, isn't MGM generally open later???

AK morning... MGM Afternoon.

Mr. Smee
10-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Hopefully you can go to AK in the am on an Early entry day. The best time to do AK and some of it's animal centric things is early anyway, that's when the animals are more active. Then after Everest and Nemo, you should be able to go to The Studios for the PM. That way you'll be able to see Fantasmic, even if you are a Disneyland regular.

wedway76
10-17-2007, 08:28 PM
If you are a thrill ride freak you may want to go to MGM first and catch Rockn’ Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror before the lines get too long. If you like seeing live animals, you may want to go to AK first and take the safari ride early in the morning when the animals are most active. And as Mr Smee said if you do MGM in the PM you can catch Fantasmic. If you haven't seen Fantasmic you have to try to get there.

Disney-4-Me
10-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Another good reason to go to AK in the morning is that it always feels hotter than any of the other parks.

You might also want to get in line for Expedition Everest as soon as you get there.:mickey:

DisneyTwirler13!
10-17-2007, 08:57 PM
i agree
animal kingdom is much more hot in the afternoon, and it closes earlier than MGM, so i would say, AK in the morning, MGM in the afternoon

amy711
10-17-2007, 09:47 PM
I would say go to AK in the morning, it closes earlier and the animals are more active in the morning.

EllieMae
10-17-2007, 09:52 PM
I would do AK in the morning, you can see the animals and ride EE and Dinosaur pretty quickly. And since you are going in December the animals should be pretty active since it shouldn't be too hot. Rock N Roller Coaster is my favorite ride at WDW, if you like coasters you should head straight there when you get to MGM and get a fast pass if there is a long line. Also, I would suggest MGM at night in December just so you could see the Osborne Lights because they are amazing!!!

Haunt1000
10-17-2007, 10:00 PM
AK in the morning and MGM at night. I really only want to see EE and KS, unless there is something else you would suggest? Seems like there is more to do at MGM.

By the way what are the Osbourne lights at MGM?

PlutoLover
10-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Definitely AK in the morning, especially if you want to do KS then hit EE. I found this park just beautiful to walk around. Being Dec I would skip River Rapids in case you get soaked. I've heard great about The Lion King show but missed it when I was there.

Then MGM later in the day, especially so you can catch Fantasmic. The Osbourne lights are a Christmas display of lights so that is also better left for evening hours.

Sounds like a good plan to me :mickey:

mermaidmarian
10-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Definitely AK in the morning and MGM in the afternoon/evening.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I agree with the rest of the posts...start at AK...do EE, then the Safari, and then Dinosaur, if you're interested. From a "ride" perspective, there isn't much else that is a must-do...unless you also want to try the rapids. (if you're doing all 4, I would use fastpass a couple of times, just to keep the lines down.).

AK always feels so horribly hot, get it over with in the AM!

bleukarma
10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Do AK in the morning so you can catch Fantasmic and Osbourne Lights at MGM at night. :mickey:

cal5755
10-18-2007, 10:08 AM
I agree completely. AK in the morning and MGM at night for all the reasons stated above.

Besides AK usually closes by 5 or 6 p.m.

I highly recommend fantasmic at MGM.. our whole family loves it!!

Have a magical trip!!:mickey:

McGoofy
10-18-2007, 11:27 AM
AK in the morning and MGM at night. I really only want to see EE and KS, unless there is something else you would suggest? Seems like there is more to do at MGM.

By the way what are the Osbourne lights at MGM?

I agree with the others...AK in the morning, and MGM in the evening. The only thing worth staying late at AK for is the Jingle Jammin Christmas parade that they do at 4pm.

You asked what the Osbourne lights at MGS is...It is absolutely amazing! Well worth seeing. Here is the link from info central (http://intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/osbornelights/default.asp).

Be aware that since you are there in December, there are so many holiday events that are going on at that time. Look around info central to see what's going on at all of the parks for Christmas. I'm glad you have a whole day planned at Epcot. They do lots of neat things for Christmas and even have a concert and a tree lighting every night. If you plan your 3 days just right and use extra magic hours, you should be able to squeeze it all in!:mickey:

Figgyluv03
10-18-2007, 12:16 PM
I agree with alot on AK in the morning and MGM in the afternoon. AK generally closes at 5pm, so you'd get more out of it in the morning and then MGM usually closes at 9, so you'll have more time there.

Taja
10-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Be sure to check the park schedules when planning your MK day so you don't bump into an MVMCP night (park will close at 7:00 on those nights), unless you want to purchase a ticket for the event.

Definitely plan AK earlier in the day, then move on to DHS (Studios). As much as it pains me to miss the AK parade (saw it for the first time in March and loved it!), you'll want to leave before that so you can do some of the daytime attractions at DHS. Lights, Motors Action!, Indiana Jones & Beauty & the Beast all are daytime venues. I could be wrong about Indiana Jones & B&tB, but I don't recall seeing them on the evening schedule.

If you want to do those attractions, you'll want to arrive at DHS by about 2:00 p.m. That should get you into one viewing each of Lights, Motors, Action! and Indiana Jones. Check the park schedule for times, but I think you can do LMA!, then Indiana Jones if you time it just right.

ToT, RnRC and most of the indoor attractions will be open later into the evening--and if it's evening EMH, many are open then.

Plan to arrive at the Fantasmic stadium at least 30 minutes before the show. When you exit, just follow the crowd to the Osborne Family Lights display. If in doubt, ask a CM.

The parks and resorts will be decked out in their holiday finery during your visit. Hope you have the opportunity to tour at least the monorail resorts!

Marilyn Michetti
10-18-2007, 02:44 PM
How about splitting Epcot into two visits.

Go to MK - one day

MGM in the A.M. then over to Epcot until closing, meeting your contact for lunch - day 2

AK early for the Safari, FOLK, and whatever else you can fit in, then back to Epcot - day 3

Since Epcot is really two parks in one, that might work for you.

Good luck, and start planning for your next trip.:mickey:

FLPasHldrs
10-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Just like everyone above, I would try to get to AK right when they open. Head straight to EE, get a FP then walk on the ride. The line is usually less than a 20 minute wait that early. This way you can ride it twice. Do KS, Lion King show, Tough to be a bug, then Dinosaur. Also MK, and MGM usually stay open really late the closer it gets to Christmas. Sometimes until 11 or midnight. So plenty of time to have fun.