PDA

View Full Version : 1st time visitor

Jbird
10-17-2007, 01:58 PM
help?? 1st time visitor with 2 pre-teen girls and only 3 days in Orlando, what to do to get the most out of our time?

We will be there Oct 30 - Nov1 -- what is Halloween like ? Where is fun to be that day and night?

laprana
10-17-2007, 02:03 PM
First off, :welcome: to Intercot!

Have you looked into getting tickets for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? It's a ticketed event at Magic Kingdom on certain nights. I know that the party on Oct. 31 has sold out already, but you might be able to get tickets still for the other nights you'll be there. I've never been to the party myself, but it sounds like a lot of fun! There are special shows and even trick-or-treating throughout the park!

Whatever you decide to do, have a great time!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
10-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Welcome to intercot.....no matter what you do, you'll love it....you'll be at Disney......you have to hit MK, then I'd try to fit in AK.......they will love Expedition Everest !!

PlutoLover
10-17-2007, 02:52 PM
:welcome:

Definitely plan an entire day at MK, maybe the 30th and try and get the Halloween party tix for that night.

On the 31st I would spend the day at Epcot as it is open the latest that day (9pm) so you can get a full day here and see a lot.

On the 1st, I'm guessing you are not there until really late so I would either do AK as it closes at 5 so you can probably get most of it done or hit MGM and do as much as you can. It depends on if your family is more into Animals or Movies. I personally would pick MGM because I LOVE Tower of Terror & RNR Coaster.

Good Luck and you'll have fun no matter what you do!!!

gerald72
10-17-2007, 03:01 PM
:welcome:

Definitely plan an entire day at MK, maybe the 30th and try and get the Halloween party tix for that night.

On the 31st I would spend the day at Epcot as it is open the latest that day (9pm) so you can get a full day here and see a lot.

On the 1st, I'm guessing you are not there until really late so I would either do AK as it closes at 5 so you can probably get most of it done or hit MGM and do as much as you can. It depends on if your family is more into Animals or Movies. I personally would pick MGM because I LOVE Tower of Terror & RNR Coaster.

Good Luck and you'll have fun no matter what you do!!!

That's what I would do, too:
30th: Magic Kingdom
31st: Epcot (my kids 10,8,5 love this park)
1st: AK or MGM

mouseaddict
10-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Welcome to Intercot!
What are the girls into? My pre-teen step daughters are very different. One loves princesses, the other loves stitch! There is a pretty good High School Musical pep rally at MGM...
Will you be on site? The kids will love all of the parks..try doing to Kidcot activites at Epcot..goodness..we could go on forever! Tell us a bit more about your girls and your trip and I am sure everyone here can put together an exciting list for you!

Jbird
10-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the info so far - oldest daughter is a "reader" , loved every Harry Potter book and each movie. Same for "Narnia" and "Pirates" books and movies, but she is still a "princess" girl who loves them all and Tink. The other is a Fairy Realm reader and very much a "Princess" and she too loves Tink. Both spent parctically their whole summer this year at Hershey Park (in PA) - roller coaster fans. We get into FL the night of 29th, then leave Friday on a 5pm flight. Hope that helps clarify some.