PDA

View Full Version : How Many of You Are on Intercot.......

goofysbabe
10-17-2007, 11:51 AM
How many of you are on Intercot and not going to WDW in the coming months? Do some of you get on everyday just to see what's happening? Do you get on only when you have an upcoming trip? Will you get on once you've come back? Just kinda curious about what every ones doing.

I am one who needs a daily Disney fix so I'm on almost everyday seeing what's going on in the "World".

jillluvsdisney
10-17-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm pretty much an INTERCOT addict. I visit several times a day. I usually answer posts. Rarely do I start a new thread. I seem to avoid INTERCOT if I do not have a trip planned. It's just too depressing otherwise. Luckily, I visit about once a year.:number1:

Caroleh
10-17-2007, 12:20 PM
I put with no upcoming visit. Right now I do have a trip planned, but after this trip I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back. We can only get away once a year and my DH has a few places he'd like to go more then WDW.

NJBelle
10-17-2007, 12:31 PM
My next trip in in August 08. I pretty much get on here because a.) I'm sick and there is not allot to do and b.) I really love Disney!

disneycouple2004
10-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Even though we go every year, its still my fix between trips..:thumbsup:

McGoofy
10-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Since there was no "all of the above" option, I put "this is how I get my fix.":mickey: I'm on Intercot a lot. I love to keep up with what is going on at Disney World. I also enjoying helping others out with answers to questions when I can. I'd have to say that my usage is highest right before I'm going on another trip. 1.) I'm really missing Disney by that time and 2.) I'm armed with all the latest and greatest Disney info when I go on my trip. Then when I get back from my trip I post a lot just so I can share what was going on while I was at WDW. In between, I do tend to taper down with my posts, but I pretty much read Intercot almost daily.:rocks:

10 DAYS AND COUNTING FOR ME!!!!:mickey::clappy::yay::woohoo:

Tygger7
10-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Since there was no "all of the above" option, I put "this is how I get my fix.":mickey: I'm on Intercot a lot. I love to keep up with what is going on at Disney World. I also enjoying helping others out with answers to questions when I can. I'd have to say that my usage is highest right before I'm going on another trip. 1.) I'm really missing Disney by that time and 2.) I'm armed with all the latest and greatest Disney info when I go on my trip. Then when I get back from my trip I post a lot just so I can share what was going on while I was at WDW. In between, I do tend to taper down with my posts, but I pretty much read Intercot almost daily.:rocks:

10 DAYS AND COUNTING FOR ME!!!!:mickey::clappy::yay::woohoo:

Ditto for me...I was really an "all of the above". I have to get my Intercot fix every day, regardless! :mickey:

ncscgirl2005
10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes, I could have gone for "all of the above". But mostly for right now, since I don't have an official trip planned, I get come on for my disney fix.

Deesdisney
10-17-2007, 01:39 PM
I spend most of my time on this site. I like to see the reviews and special notices. Right now I am on all the time because I am waiting for the Jan. specials.

SBETigg
10-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Gosh, I am here all the time since I joined. I'm always in awe of the number of posts I have made in two short years. It's an obsession. I joined when I was planning a trip, but I'm signed on almost every day since then, trip in the works or not.

c&d
10-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm on even when I have no trips planned. It keeps up to date with what's going on and what changes there have been. It then me plan when we finally have an upcoming trip.

maryt01
10-17-2007, 02:19 PM
my sister and myself are on intercot daily. we have a trip on dec 9th to por. we are often called by family , friends, and others to get updates on wdw specials, ride updates, dining and almost anything disney. my daughter asked me this morning, are you going to the new disney world or the one that you have seen nbumerous times? ha ha ! she cannot understand our addiction. oh well, i will continue to go to wdw once a year until i cannot afford it. with the dining plan changeplan changes; and increases in other prices it may become less affordable. maybe i am trying to get back a childhood that i never had. anyway, i will continue to enjoy the world.:D:D:D

Jasper
10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
I have been coming to Intercot just about every day since the website started back in the late '90s. Of course it was 6 months or a year after that when the discussion boards came on line. (I am sure someone with a better memory than mine can tell you when that happened.)

Most of my visits have absolutely nothing to do with actually planning a trip. Right now is a prime example. We were planning on going in January but I now have to undergo back surgery so we have cancelled this trip. Despite that I still stop by every chance I get just to get a Disney fix and to enjoy the fun of all the “personalities” on the boards!

Tink#64
10-17-2007, 02:34 PM
I answered for my fix, but not having a current trip planned also fit me!
I found Intercot last year when planning our May '07 trip & joined right away & logged on probably everyday! I didn't log on for a couple of months after our trip, it was just too depressing! Now I'm over it & hoping for a trip in 2008, but I come to Intercot for my escape into WDW whenever I can. Sometimes it's daily & sometimes it's once a week. When I stay away too long I feel like I need to get back & see what's going on! What WDW news am I missing? It's nice to have other people to talk to that share the same obsession with WDW!:mickey:

MMouse6937
10-17-2007, 02:47 PM
I was also an all of the above person.

I get on even when I don't have a trip planned which isn't very often. I get on to help plan my trip. I get on after a trip to give reports and tell everyone my experiences, and this is also my fix. I like to know what's going on in the parks and what changes are coming up.

I also agree it's nice to have people that share my obsession with WDW so I can stop bugging my DH about it! :D

tomorrowschild
10-17-2007, 03:28 PM
I love Intercot!!!!!!!! I am on at least once a day, I am addicted. It is so nice to be able to be a part of something like this website. So many times in our lives others don't understand us "Disney Freaks". People wondering why we go to Disney so much, and question it (Don't you get tired of that place?). Well, here no one judges you, and everyone understands that Disney is awsome!!!!!!:mickey:

Ian
10-17-2007, 03:30 PM
I live here. ;)

prprincess
10-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I had a hard time choosing an answer!

I found Intercot years ago while planning a trip to WDW. I was addicted, up until I started planning my wedding and having my children...hence my being a member for so long, yet my post count being so low.

But now that things have settled down in my life, I think that I will be on consistently, whether or not I am planning a trip. I've also been making some great new friends, so that keeps me coming back as well.

IloveJack
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
I read much more often than I post! I'm on every weekday just to get my Disney fix. I don't usually have time to get on during the weekend, so I have a lot of catching up to do on Mondays! Back around the turn-of-the-century, I frequented the old AOL Disney boards every day, even when I wasn't planning a trip. Then they started bouncing around to different servers to lose flamers, and I eventually got lost in the hubub. I can't tell you how happy I was to find Intercot, and see that it's been here for so long, with so many "Disney-educated" people, and such great moderators to keep all the negative posters at bay.

cal5755
10-17-2007, 04:28 PM
I became an intercot addict the day I found this site!! I am sure I will be here almost daily for a very long time!!

IloveDisney71
10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
I just discovered this site in July and I joined it right away. I am in the process of planning a trip. BUT I will continue to visit this site after my trip so I can get my "Disney fix".

pjbs35a
10-17-2007, 08:21 PM
I live here. ;)

My INTERCOT house is just down the street from Ian's !!! :waycool:

pink
10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Guilty:blush:
My family has no WDW trip in sight for at least a year and yet I come on almost every day to get my daily Disney fix! :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
10-17-2007, 11:46 PM
We try to go to WDW at least once a year. I love Intercot, I guess it's where I get my fix! :mickey:

pixiesmimi
10-18-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm addicted and love it! I check in at least once a day to see what is going on. I discovered this site this year and have been addicted ever since. I used it more than once a day when planning our trip in August. I have tried to take part in other boards but ended up on just this one. Everyone here is so friendly and knowledgable. Other boards, if you aren't part of their clique, they won't answer you back when you post. I get my Disney fix from here. It's the best!:thumbsup:

Diznee4Me
10-18-2007, 08:32 AM
On here just about every day. Read more than I post but still enjoy visiting and seeing what is going on with WDW and INTERCOT.

ibrowse17
10-18-2007, 09:28 AM
We always have the "next" trip planned. I would say the only time I am not on:surf: Intercot is when I am at WDW, which is at least once a year:mickey:

LandFan
10-18-2007, 10:42 AM
I am on Intercot almost all the time. I will say that when I get back from a trip, I tend to stay away for a month or two - especially if I don't have a trip planned for a while just because it is a bit sad coming home.:sick:

acetate
10-18-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm an "all of the above" guy. Love reading about upcoming changes or additions to the park, collectibles, rumors, movies, I like all of it. Does not matter if we have a trip coming up or not. Just a big Disney fan here.:mickey:

kakn7294
10-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I come here multiple times a day - and not even for the Disney info although that's wonderful and certainly helpful. I've met some really great people here and would miss you all terribly if I couldn't stop in for my frequent visits. It's not about the Disney fix for me - it's all about my Intercot "family".

pogo
10-18-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm on here whenever I can be on here. I love my Intercot family. :D

grumpycajun
10-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Reading some of the stuff they allow on some other sites will make you want to get back to Intercot in a hurry! In fact, I just started a thread about this.:mickey:

Marker
10-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Even if I don't currently have a trip planned, I know there will be another trip.

Over the years I have gotten lots of helpful information from the folks here. And even when I don't have a trip planned, I still get information about what's going on at WDW and I can still learn things from others that may help me some day.

The way I see it, I wouldn't be comfortable with myself if I didn't return the favor. Even if I don't have a trip in the works, others do and perhaps they have questions I can help answer.

And then of course there are the "lively discussions" that occur from time to time. I mean, nothing can break the monotony of the normal work day like a nice spirited, but friendly, discussion.

Disney Doll
10-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I would have chosen all of the above. We are planning a trip for next October and so right now I have been checking in to see what people are saying about this October. Plus, I just like to stay informed and be up to date on any new info.

LCPZA
10-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I am an All of the above person.
I just don't post that much.
Intercot is great. IT keeps me informed about my HOME Away from HOME.

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 09:03 PM
:mickey: I am pretty much on every day, trip or no... but then, I'm always thinking ahead to that next trip, even when there's no set date yet!! :blush:

Plus, I've made some great friends here, and I like to see what they're up to - it's become more than just about Disney here for me, which is pretty amazing to me still!! I only found the site when I was looking for Disney information for our first family trip - I never imagined it'd become a very special part of my life! :thumbsup:

Catwillow
10-20-2007, 01:04 AM
it was a toss up between the 1st choice ... and the last choice....but then after looking at the poll results....it seems to be the running theme...LOL

HndrdPrcnt
10-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Ditto for me...I was really an "all of the above". I have to get my Intercot fix every day, regardless! :mickey:

A ditto here as well. I may not get on every day though as life can sometimes get a little busy. However, I love to read trip reports and to answer any questions that I can answer for others who are planning a trip. I have been to all the US Disney parks many times, but am unable to get back for a while. So, if I can help others to plan their trip, it is almost as fun as planning my own!:thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
10-22-2007, 08:21 AM
I just like coming here. I have met some really great folks here on the boards and in person. This is a great place to stay current and keep in touch with all the great folks here.

Being able to help others enjoy their trips is an added plus.