PDA

View Full Version : My first INTERCOT 'encounter'

MamaStyles
10-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Hello Everyone,

This my FIRST post! I attended the INTERCOT 10th anniversary last weekend with my daughter as a 'bystander'. I can honestly say it was a most wonderful experience. I have been visiting WDW since 1980 , each time a unique experience.
My thanks for a well organized, friendly and most enjoyable weekend.
I have one interesting experience to share. When attending the Illuminations Meet I realized that because of my nut allergy I was unsure of what would be 'safe' for me to eat. I asked the Cast Member in charge, she called the chef; he said that it would be unsafe to eat anything because of crosscontamination of desserts . Within a short period of time, the chef appeared with a lovely plate of fruit and 2 'nutfree' brownies. A TRUE statement of Disney's excellent customer service! :chef:

BriarRose0708
10-17-2007, 11:01 AM
:welcome:

Welcome to INTERCOT! Your screen name is perfect, hehe! That's so fantastic that Disney accommodated your dietary needs like that. I also have a food allergy (tropical fruit) and all my servers offered me an alternative. Disney really is exceptional!

Again, welcome, you're going to love it here!

MsMin
10-17-2007, 11:13 AM
:welcome:
I know you were standing pretty close to us and honestly don't remember if we talked:blush: Things just happened so fast. In our family we had the opposite experience (but good) Mom was the intercotee and the kids joined me. They too were so impressed with the group and intercot. They were so glad they came despite the fact that we could never coordinate our time enough to meet for the other activities. Welcome aboard!

DisneyDudet
10-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Hello Everyone,

This my FIRST post! I attended the INTERCOT 10th anniversary last weekend with my daughter as a 'bystander'. I can honestly say it was a most wonderful experience. I have been visiting WDW since 1980 , each time a unique experience.
My thanks for a well organized, friendly and most enjoyable weekend.
I have one interesting experience to share. When attending the Illuminations Meet I realized that because of my nut allergy I was unsure of what would be 'safe' for me to eat. I asked the Cast Member in charge, she called the chef; he said that it would be unsafe to eat anything because of crosscontamination of desserts . Within a short period of time, the chef appeared with a lovely plate of fruit and 2 'nutfree' brownies. A TRUE statement of Disney's excellent customer service! :chef:

I saw someone getting a special plate! That was you!

I am so sorry I didn't get to meet more people, but I am shy. :blush: I was also intimidated at the fact so many people already knew each other, but I got to meet a few!

Glad you enjoyed your time, and welcome to Intercot! :party:

Here we go again...
10-17-2007, 11:29 AM

I am so sorry I didn't get to meet more people, but I am shy. :blush: I was also intimidated at the fact so many people already knew each other, but I got to meet a few!

I noticed you hanging back a little bit.
It is olay, by the next meet you will be as annoying as me. :D

MamaStyles,
:welcome: to Intercot!!
As you an see, it is a great place.

bettie
10-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Yay!! Welcome MamaStyles!!

I'm so happy to see you on here!! :thumbsup:

I saw a picture of the dessert they brought you. Disney never fails!! :mickey:

DisneyDudet
10-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I noticed you hanging back a little bit.
It is olay, by the next meet you will be as annoying as me. :D

MamaStyles,
:welcome: to Intercot!!
As you an see, it is a great place.

Yeah, I tend to do that, and I know it is obvious. It takes me a bit! But I was glad to actually meet you! I want to do another meet again!

grego77
10-17-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm so glad you joined Intercot. It was a pleasure meeting you this weekend...you and Emily were so kind and made me feel great. I hope to be able to see you again in the future!

Greg:mickey:

Dsnygirl
10-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Welcome to Intercot!! :welcome::welcome: I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you this past wknd, but glad to hear you loved it enough to jump in!! It's just as great here as it was there -- I'm sure you'll love being a part of all the craziness!! :thumbsup:
Glad to hear Disney did so well by you, too... just one more reason why we all love it so much... :)

Morgan, I'm so sad I didn't find you!! I was looking for you -- where are you in the picture? I'm third row, third one in on the right w/ the pink b'ball cap. My DH is right behind me in a white shirt, too. Glad you had a good time -- maybe we'll meet at the next one! :D

DisneyDudet
10-17-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm on the front row, sitting on the ground, third from the left. I have my legs stretched out and my hands on my knees.

We will just have to have another meet sometime soon to see each other again!

Jeff
10-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Welcome:thumbsup:

disneydeb
10-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Welcome Mama Styles!

I met you just after you got your special plate. Isn't Disney awesome!?!

I enjoyed meeting you and Emily! Maybe we will see you at another meet in a few years!
Take care .
:mickey:deb