PDA

View Full Version : Check Out Question

Ian
10-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey, has anyone ever been told or heard that DVC resorts don't offer late check out?

I don't ever remember being told that or reading that anywhere, but that's what I was told by a surly SSR CM on Monday.

Anyone ever heard this or been told this before?

disneycouple2004
10-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Thats what we were told also...no late check out at all...we were still in our room about noon on check out day still packing..housekeeping showed up expecting us to be gone..they were nice about it and we hurried along...in the contract it says they can charge you for another day if your still in the room past a set time, but i don't think they are really strict about it...i do wish they would allow late check out..its hard to get everyone up and out on that last day...nobody ever wants to go home !!:D

Ian
10-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Okay, thanks. It's nice to know that that's at least some sort of official policy.

DVC Mike
10-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Most DVC resorts are booked to capacity, so they need you to check-out on time as there is usually another family waiting to check-in by 4pm.

The DVC rooms are larger and take much more time to clean (especially with a kitchen) than your typical hotel room.

vizsla
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
I asked for a late check-out last year, and was told that the DVC does not offer late check-out.

mouseaddict
10-17-2007, 12:51 PM
We were told the same thing when we asked this summer. My son broke his arm at MGM and we were at the hospital until 3:45 in the morning. There was no way we would have made it out. I gave up pleading with the front desk and called housekeeping..they allowed me a few extra hours to getorganized,but they were not thrilled.

CarolMN
10-17-2007, 02:42 PM
It's true - none of the DVC Resorts offer late check outs. Never really have (except possibly in the early 90's when OKW was the only DVC resort). As DVC Mike already posted, the DVC villas take longer to clean than a hotel room.

If guests stay past checkout time - even just an hour or so, it's almost a certainty that someone will get into their room late. I've read quite a few complaints lately about not getting into a DVC villa until well after 4 pm. Part of the reason for that is guests who vacate after 11 am.

OP - sorry to hear the CM was surly with you.

Ian
10-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Okay, I mean not to argue the point, but our room was a studio and it most definitely was not any larger than any of the other hotel rooms I've stayed in on property.

Anyway, can't say I'm thrilled by that. We often fly out late on our departure date and like the ability to stay in our room longer than normal.

That's one of those little items they leave out of your sales pitch.

mouseaddict
10-17-2007, 05:17 PM
I feel your pain on that one Ian...that was my exact comment after I hung up the phone with the front desk (not to mention a few words that are not appropriate for this discussion board).

Maleficent's Dad
10-17-2007, 05:41 PM
It's been their policy for as long as I've known. They've never allowed late check outs. Period. I guess in extreme cases they could, but it's definitely frowned upon.

Ian - one thing that you could keep in mind:
At OKW, the main pool area has a locker room set-up. It's very convenient for those with late flights. They have showers, lockers, etc., next to the pool. We've taken advantage of this several times and it helps immensely.

Just make sure you have a secure ziplock for the wet bathing suits - or you could throw them right in the drier (also next to the pool! :thumbsup:).

Ian
10-18-2007, 08:53 AM
My issue actually revolved more around the CM I had to deal with that the actual policy itself.

I mean I guess I can live with the no late check out, but I can't live with the way this woman treated me.

I'll relate the tale in my trip report for Monday, but suffice it to say my DVC Sales Rep has been called and email has been sent.

The service (or lack thereof) that I received from this person was completely and totally unacceptable from ANYONE, let alone from someone at my "home."