PDA

View Full Version : Year of Million Dreams

Mr. Disney
10-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Is it just MK where the Year of Million Dream team is at, or do they give prizes out at all 4 parks?

DizNee143
10-17-2007, 09:28 AM
its all the parks and the waterparks..and i think even downtown disney..:mickey:

ibrowse17
10-17-2007, 09:32 AM
All parks at WDW and DL. Having said that, I never saw a dream team, much less got picked for anything, on our last trip. Fingers are crossed for that to change on the next trip:thumbsup:

TheMartellFamily
10-17-2007, 09:36 AM
When we were ther last year it was happening all over. In DTD, on the buses, in the parks, at the resorts. We were there one year ago next week and I do not know if it has changed but that is how it was last year.

g0189a
10-17-2007, 11:16 AM
We were there at the start last October and saw dream teams multiple days. We went in July and were actually picked for dream fast passes at MGM in the Narnia exhibit. So dream fast passes on top of the normal ones means every rides can usually be done multiple times on fast pass if done right. My wife then was picked for Indiana Jones since we were in the front/center due to fast pass entry to the show.

It seems dream passes are given out near the beginning of the day I guess to ensure you could use it all. From the accounts I've seen or heard from friends or people in line we've talked to with them who also have gotten chosen it is typically a place where there are a set number of people in a defined space to give out the tickets. We were in Narnia at MGM where it's a set of people at a time going through for the Narnia commercial. Our friends were on the tea pots in the "waiting pen" in DW. Since there's only a finite number per day that makes a lot of sense.

So you can be picked!

Glenn

Quasimodo
10-17-2007, 11:48 AM
We go to WDW two or three times a year, and have been 5 times since the YOAMD started and have never seen anyone get a prize. That is until our last trip two weeks ago. We were at MGM on Oct. 6 eating a snack outside near the ABC Commissary. My wife noticed three CMs walking briskly by. Two were wearing the light blue shirts and khaki pants. The other was wearing business attire (white button down shirt and tie). He was carrying a folder or clipboard or something similar. I didn't see them carrying any bags or anything that would hold a number of prizes, so we figured this must be an individual prize. They went into the exit of the Great Movie Ride. Remembering how Ian won his castle suite stay when he was riding Expedition Everest, we thought maybe this was going to be a big prize. So we decided to get in line for the ride to try to see what the prize was. Unfortunately the line was really long and we realized they would be long gone before we could get to the loading/unloading platform. About this time, my wife said she had to go to the restroom and couldn't wait. So she got out of line and said she would meet us at the end of the ride. Well, after the restroom, she went in through the exit of the ride and into the loading room. She told a CM she wanted to join us when we came through the line. So she was allowed to wait on the platform. She then noticed the three Dream Squad CMs were still there on the platform. She said when the next group came through to exit the ride, they approached an elderly woman that was sitting in one of the rows of the ride vehicle. They told her that she had won a dinner for two at the Epcot Food & Wine festival. She was excited, but was part of a large family group, so she had to pick one other person from her family to go with her. So it wasn't anything real big, but it was interesting that they awarded a prize that was part of a special event. It was also nice to finally see someone win something.

#1donaldfan
10-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Anywhere on Disney property....anywhere!!

DadTriton
10-18-2007, 09:35 PM
My three kids all received a tinkerbell pin at the Frontier pin trading post.:tink:
I have seen a lot of people with the free fastpass ticket cards.

FLPasHldrs
10-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Yes, it can happen anywhere! Drinking from a water fountain, sitting on a bench, and so on. A few months ago hubby and I were at MK during A.M. EMH, it was 9 am and Buzz was practically no wait. We decided to go on, and to our amazement there were 3 CM's standing inside handing out the Dream fast passes. We were like gidding children at Christmas. It does happen and I'm still patiently waiting for castle. LOL:thumbsup:

Good luck

Figaro
10-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Keep an eye out for Magical Moments, too! :thumbsup: Little moments that can make your time with us much more magical. :mickey:

Ian
10-20-2007, 09:24 AM
We won our Castle stay at the Animal Kingdom, so trust me ... it can happen anywhere, at any time!

:mickey:

big blue and hairy
10-20-2007, 09:36 AM
We won our Castle stay at the Animal Kingdom, :mickey:

Twit...;)

:sulley:

Ducklover
10-24-2007, 06:58 PM
When we were there in Aug 07, the dream Team were everywhere-we won dream fastpasses coming out of EE. They only award prizes when they are wearing a white coat!:mickey: