PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay at Saratoga ?

ramftbl
10-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Hello All ! I just joined this Board and I'm planning a trip next FAll ('08) to Saratoga Springs. Can anyone offer suggestions on :
Which sections are the most quiet,
are nearest the pool,
are nearest the last bus stop into the resort,
are nearest the first bus stop into the resort,
and lastly, the best 2 bedroom Villa area to request. Thanks All!!

GreenBeetle
10-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the Boards! :rocks: You'll love it here.

I can only tell you about my own experience with SSR - which was fantastic! We had a 2-bedroom villa and several studios in The Springs. Those buildings are closest to the main pool, front desk, food court and gift shop. However, the buildings are NOT close enough to hear any type of noise. We never heard a peep from anyone. We loved this area of the resort since we had little ones in our party. Being close to things was important. Lots of others here on Intercot will tell you their favorite area is facing DTD - which offers a beautiful view. It's all a matter of preference and your particular needs. The only minor complaint I had was the bus stop. The Springs was always last for pick-up and last for drop off. At times, the buses were quite full by the time they reached us. However, the order may have changed since then now that another section has opened in the resort.

SSR is a beautiful resort - very large, but very relaxing and comfortable. I think you will enjoy it.

DizneyFreak2002
10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
How far from the bus stops are the DVC sections???

MsMin
10-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Our experience:
We just got back and stayed in a studio in Congress Park and loved it from the moment we walked into the room...
Our room was on the 1st floor and walking in we could see PI lit up across the lake (it was 2am ;))
Closest we have ever been to a bus stop and never had to stand on a bus despite being at the 3rd stop. It was a quick walk down a path to the Artist Palette and more w/ the main pool and our area pool was a quick walk from our building. I was also impressed that the laundromat was free :jaw: My son had joined us after a week in Canada and had clothes to wash when we arrived.
We walked to DDT several times. I wasn't looking forward to staying there after BWV last Dec. but be were very pleased. I would request Congress Park again....

GreenBeetle
10-17-2007, 08:36 AM
How far from the bus stops are the DVC sections???

It varies, I think. When I requested The Springs I mentioned we needed to be near a bus stop for health reasons, so we were very close.

dolphinmickey9170
10-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Uh, isn't the whole place a DVC section??!! Just curious, or am I mistaken? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, please don't anyone take it that way. I'm just confused. Do they set aside an area for non DVC guests? I know you can use the place even if you aren't DVC, but how does that work? Sorry, not trying to go off topic.

Anywhoooooo...we prefer Congress Park. The scenery of DTD is awesome. I love the water view as well. You get double the view. It was just a short walk to the main building for food, and the bus stop was never a problem. We never once had to stand. The quiet pool was wonderful too. At times we were the only people in it, and at most, maybe 10 or 12 at one time. The laundry facilities were right there in the building next to the pool (if you are doing the studio). It was a great experience.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-17-2007, 09:31 PM
We stayed in a one bedroom in The Grandstand section last month and we could not have been any happier with the location.
We were the first bus stop to be picked up and dropped off. (The bus service was awesome, btw)

The quiet pool, which is also themed, was right outside our room. My kids loved it.

The walk to the main pool and building was a piece of cake. My kids were fine with it. We walked over each night to use the slide at the main pool.

The resort is large but it was never an issue for us. We walked over to the Congress section and to the walkway to DTD one day. We would not have done it everyday but, it was not a big deal at all.

We were thrilled with SSR. It is immaculate and very quiet. It was a great first trip home for us.

tinkerbell04
10-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Uh, isn't the whole place a DVC section??!! Just curious, or am I mistaken? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, please don't anyone take it that way. I'm just confused. Do they set aside an area for non DVC guests? I know you can use the place even if you aren't DVC, but how does that work? Sorry, not trying to go off topic.

Yep, it is a DVC resort. You can rent the rooms through Disney Travel using cash, but there is no distinct section for those who are members and those who are staying using cash.

We have stayed in Congress Park and the Springs several times and have been happy with both locations. Each section is close to either a quiet pool or a main pool and there are multiple bus stops in the area. The 2 bedroom villas are dispersed throughout the entire resort, not just one section. I have been pleased with the privacy and quietness during all of my SSR stays. I think that you will be ahppy there.:mickey:

tundramom
10-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Just returned from the Springs. Current bus order: Grandstands, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, and the Springs. We stayed in the 4500 building of the Paddock last year which was right next to the Carosel bus station (1st stop last time as GS wasn't open yet). I preferred this location to our Springs 3521, 2 BR. Although the Springs is convenient to the main pool and shops/spa. I found the building to be much noisier (probably busier) specifically door slamming and toilet flushing. Our 2 BR left something to be desired in the area of cleanliness (heavy/sticky fingerprints on all 3 TV's, floors that needed swept, and cobwebs in corners). The walk to the bus was actually further than our walk last year and every morning that we weren't out before 8:15 the busses were full. We ended up walking and scootering (SIL blew out her knee 1 week before the trip) over to Carousel each morning. We walked to DTD several times and also walked the property.. I agree with the previous posters ... the view from Congress Park looked incredible, plus they have a quiet pool. We much preferred the garden in the rear of our Paddock building last time vs. bushes and an ungodly amount of bird poo on our patio at the Springs. We definitely will not take a Springs building again (actually requested 4500 Paddock, but when we checked in and told them about SIL and scooter they did us a favor and placed us in the Springs). Overall it's a beautiful resort with plenty of wildlife (DH saw a 4 ft. gator in the pond- confirmed by Security who was sitting there keeping an eye on him) but it is getting more crowded and starting to show it. If you don't mind a little walking to the main areas I would think Grandstands, Carousel, Congress Park, or 4500 Paddock.

ramftbl
10-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks for all that replied to my question about where to stay at Saratoga !! I hope to be able to return the favor someday...