PDA

View Full Version : What rooms will fit 2 scooters?

PETE FROM NYC
10-16-2007, 05:17 PM
I have DW just about convinced for a return trip in March,2008.
We are both handicapped.She will be bringing her own scooter,while I will be looking to rent one for the duratioin of our trip.
Which rooms are large enough to fit both scooters inside for the night for recharging?
We are hoping for a value resort.
Thanks for any tips.

CleveRocks
10-16-2007, 09:02 PM
All Value resorts' rooms are 260 square feet. I've never been in one, I don't have a sense of if 2 ECVs will fit.

I imagine it would be tight.

If you can afford a Moderate, go for Caribbean Beach Resort. CBR's rooms are 340 sq. ft., and the other Moderates' rooms are 314 square feet. The extra 26 sq. ft. is roughly the size of a double bed, or roughly the size of 2 ECVs!

CBR's rooms, while bigger, are still the same price as the other Moderates' rooms.

Marilyn Michetti
10-16-2007, 10:25 PM
WOW! A standard rooom would be tight. SOG has some of the largest rooms on property, (over 400 sq. ft.), and I don't think two would fit to recharge. Maybe a suite?:secret:

MsMin
10-16-2007, 10:48 PM
When we stayed @ the BWV last Dec. we had my parents w/ 2 ECV's and we kept them in the hall w/ no problem. They even had plugs in the hall and the doors were set back so they didn't stick out in the regular hallway. It was great b/c they were outside charging and we still had room to walk inside.
Do make sure you talk to Disney about your needs b/c I wish I had checked into a handicap bathroom for my dad. While he manages well at home he had more trouble in a smaller bathroom. They may be able to give you more info on where and how to charge your scooters without having to spend more.

Here we go again...
10-17-2007, 12:00 AM
It is very tight with 1 scooter in a value resort. I don't think you could get 2 in and still have somewhere to walk.

I agree that CBR might work because the rooms are quite large. We stayed at OKW in a 1 bedroom last week and could have fit 5 scooters. :D THAT was a big room!

Good luck!

magicofdisney
10-17-2007, 07:35 AM
A room with a king size bed at the Values allows for much more floor space. The bathrooms are very accommodating as well. I couldn't give you the specs, but that may be your best route, value wise. I agree that you should call Disney. :mickey:

thrillme
10-17-2007, 11:00 AM
I guess it seems to me two scooters would fit fine in a Value if you ask them to remove the dinette table. You could bring an extension cord to recharge on a different plug if need be.

But then I'm poor. I always stay at the Values.

TheDuckRocks
10-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Pete, you didn't say if it was just going to be the 2 of you or if anyone else would be in the room. If it is just 2 in the room the small amount extra for a king-bed room would help out. I have heard that you can ask to have the table and chairs removed and that would leave you plenty of room at a moderate, even enough space to turn the things around.

tnpoohbear
10-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Was at WDW last week and we had 2 scooters - we were in a standard room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.:mickey:

Speedy1998
10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I would suggest asking about the wheel chair accesible rooms at the value resorts they have a little more floor space than the standard rooms.

Your other option (if you are able to walk from the bus stop, to the entrance of the park and to your room) would be to rent a scooter at the park, they are about the same price as the ones you can rent for the week, their only downside is they often sell out early during the busy season.

Here we go again...
10-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Your other option (if you are able to walk from the bus stop, to the entrance of the park and to your room) would be to rent a scooter at the park, they are about the same price as the ones you can rent for the week, their only downside is they often sell out early during the busy season.
Actually, the scooters rented off property are much cheaper. We pay $27 per day for ours. At the park the scooters are $40 plus a $5 key deposit.

Marker
10-18-2007, 11:15 AM
If it's just the two of you, and you can get a room with one King sized bed, I would think the scooter would fit fine. Even with 2 beds, you might have to move the table or something, but I'd still bet they would fit.

Marilyn Michetti
10-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Actually, handicapped rooms don't have more floor space - they have bigger bathrooms. The sleeping area's are smaller than standard.:(

Pirate Granny
10-18-2007, 11:28 PM
I think they would fit a value resort if they removed the dining table as previously mentioned...however...I don't believe that the value resorts have king beds...We requested and were told they weren't available in the All Star complex...It also may be a bit tight to get both vehicles on the bus together...I know that some bus' can only take one...if possible it may be better to rent one at the parks if you can manage.

:pirate:

Marker
10-19-2007, 09:57 AM
...I don't believe that the value resorts have king beds...
:pirate:

At least according to the Disney World web site, "A limited amount of rooms with king-size beds are also available".

magicofdisney
10-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't believe that the value resorts have king beds...
I've stayed in one. In fact, there are designated rooms with king size beds. Whoever gave you that information was mistaken. Hopefully, in the future, if you request one you can get it. :mickey: