PDA

View Full Version : Our anniversary/b'day/I'cot bash trip - Day Four & Final Thoughts...

Dsnygirl
10-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the final installment of our trip report... can't believe it's over already!!

The cast:

Dan - my DH and fellow Disney fan - also a non-Intercot person... for now...

Blythe - #1 Disney fan in the family, planner extraordinaire & birthday girl.

Our trip to the world this time was to celebrate many things - our 13th wedding anniversary, my upcoming 40th birthday, and of course, Intercot's anniversary bash!! Lots to make merry about, and we sure did that!!

Day Four - Sunday, October 14th

Well, the incentive to jump out of bed just wasn't there this morning... today was our "fly home" day, and I just wanted to pretend it wasn't. :( But - I had some packing magic to accomplish, and a limited amount of time to get it done in if I wanted to make our ADR's at the Kona Cafe! We'd shipped our costumes down early so all we'd have were carry-ons when we arrived... now, it was my job to not only get them into our carry-on suitcases (which were becoming checked bags, I soon discovered) but to also find a way to get all our souveneirs home. Gotta love expandable luggage... :D

All in all, everything fit perfectly and we were soon on our way... it was a beautiful morning, and we soaked in as much sun as we could to hold us over once we hit Upstate NY later in the day. :rain:

We got to the Kona Cafe just in time for our ADR's and sat down to one of the best breakfasts I've had in ages... I can't say enough about how good everything was!! We are definitely heading back there next time!! I got the Tonga Toast, a cafe mocha and the Lilikoi juice... and they were all fantastic!! I couldn't finish the Tonga Toast, mind you, and was sorely tempted to take it with me... but I resisted, and had to leave some behind. Dan got an omelet with home fries, sausage, coffee & juice... and even he had a hard time finishing everything, the portions were so big!! What a great way to end the trip... it definitely felt better than just hanging around the resort, waiting for our ride to the airport.

As we headed downstairs to meet our Happy Limo driver, he called... we had just gotten outside and saw a huge, black stretch SUV sitting there with Happy Limo license plates. I knew (or thought I knew) it wasn't ours, as I'd only booked a luxury sedan. But David, the driver, walked right over while we were talking to him on the phone (him - "Are you wearing a pink shirt?" me - "Yes..." him - "Okay - I can't see you yet..." :laughing:) and opened up the doors, took our luggage and put it in and just smiled and said, "How do you like the upgrade??" We just grinned - :D :D - and said it was great!! We have no idea how we got it, but we weren't asking any questions - it was the best surprise!! And another perfect ending to our trip... just one more of those amazing little things that happened to make the trip that much more special. (And of course, Happy Limo got a customer for life!! :cool:)

The rest of the trip home was uneventful and quick... direct flight home, and before we knew it, we were pulling into our driveway, our front door was being flung open and we were being attacked by two very excited and happy to see us little girls -- who, by the way, we were also VERY happy to see and be back home with. We loved our trip, every minute of it, but are looking forward that much more to returning with them again... and I think we're counting the days already!!

So - final thoughts....

Yes, it is definitely worth it to make an "adults only" trip to Disneyworld. We'd been 10 years ago, before the girls and wondered what we'd think this time, having just been there last year with them and having truly enjoyed watching everything through their eyes... but this was awesome and a totally different experience... and we'd do it again! Not for awhile, mind you... they were very forgiving of it this time, but ....

MNSSHP was awesome -- and you definitely need longer than the allotted 7pm-midnight time!! Next time, we'll get there a lot closer to 4 pm so we can ride the rides earlier, and spend more time doing the special "party stuff".

Taking time to just sit back and breathe in the sights and sounds of the parks is essential... not only to resting your feet, but to just having the chance to relax and let it all just sink in. Absolutely mandatory!!

I like Epcot a lot more than I remembered, and will need more time there next trip!! We barely got half-way around the countries, and really wished we'd had more time, esp. for the F&W Festival, which is a "must" to return for. And with the girls and all the KidCot stops, having a full day will be even more essential.

Getting wet on Splash is something you really should try to do while the sun is still out....

.... and riding Buzz Lightyear a minimum of 3 or 4 times next trip will be a priority!!

Last but not least - meeting up with Intercot people while you're there is terrific!! Yes, this meet was super special b/c there were so many of us, and we were celebrating I'cot's anniversary... and also for me, having never met anyone before, it was pretty amazing. But I think that knowing someone else you are friendly with on the boards is going to be there while you're there is great -- and definitely adds a lot to the trip.

So. All in all - we had a WONDERFUL time, it was a perfect birthday and anniversary celebration, and I couldn't have asked for anything more than we got. It was magic. :magic:

disneydrmr
10-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Thank you for sharing your magical trip with us! What a surprise with that upgrade! WOW!

KylesMom
10-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Blythe, it was a real pleasure reading your detailed trip reports. DH and you really enjoyed every moment of your time at Disney. And thanks for sharing you pics with us.

What a wonderful way to get back to the airport - did you feel a bit like Cinderella?!

Thanks again for sharing the magic with us! :mickey: I'm sorry your trip has come to an end!

RedSoxFan
10-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Blythe -- I enjoyed reading all your trip reports. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Love the pictures!!:mickey:

mickey&missy
10-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Blythe, Thanks for sharing your wonderful reports and pictures!! It sounds like you guys had a magical time!!

Jeff G
10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us:thumbsup:. The pirate costumes looked great and it sounds like you had a blast.

We have our 15 yr anniversary next August and have been trying to decide where we should go. We've talked about Cancun, Vegas, Bahama's or possibly a kid free WDW vacation. After reading your reports the WDW kid free sounds like a viable and fun option.

offwego
10-16-2007, 04:56 PM
What a neat upgrade..thanks so much for sharing your trip report with us!

AbeeNormal
10-16-2007, 05:53 PM
:birthday: Blythe :cake:

It sounded and looked like you two had a ball.

I really think your girls are going to love to hear all about it so they know what to expect on their next trip with you.

What wonderful memories, thank you so much for sharing....... I can't believe you're 40 from another gal's perspective you look great:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
10-16-2007, 06:25 PM
:birthday: Blythe :cake:

It sounded and looked like you two had a ball.

I really think your girls are going to love to hear all about it so they know what to expect on their next trip with you.

What wonderful memories, thank you so much for sharing....... I can't believe you're 40 from another gal's perspective you look great:thumbsup:
:blush: Thank you! :blush: I actually got carded a while ago - for truly thinking I wasn't 21!!! Wasn't she surprised when my DH said where he was taking me for my 40th... :D

Bethis26fan
10-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip.

BriarRose0708
10-16-2007, 07:33 PM
:blush: Thank you! :blush: I actually got carded a while ago - for truly thinking I wasn't 21!!! Wasn't she surprised when my DH said where he was taking me for my 40th... :D

Oh Blythe, you don't look a day over 28! (I truly did think you were much younger than 40!)

Caroleh
10-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks, for the wonderful trips reports, Blythe!! Sounds like you both had a wonderful trip!!!

:birthday:

faline
10-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Glad you enjoyed the trip without children!

Christine
10-22-2007, 05:55 PM
I really enjoyed your reports and SO enjoyed meeting you! If you think an "adults only" trip is good, try it sometime without kiddos OR a husband! It's truly amazing! :thumbsup:

DizNee143
10-23-2007, 04:50 PM
what great trip..i really enjoyed reading all about your trip!!..sounds like a great last day with breakfast and your upgrade on the limo!! and im sure you daughters were so exited to see mommy and daddy again...
again thanx for sharing your trip with us!!! :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us:thumbsup:. The pirate costumes looked great and it sounds like you had a blast.

We have our 15 yr anniversary next August and have been trying to decide where we should go. We've talked about Cancun, Vegas, Bahama's or possibly a kid free WDW vacation. After reading your reports the WDW kid free sounds like a viable and fun option.
It definitely is a wonderful time -- we were a little unsure, having only been w/the girls once -- but it was so fun on our own, and so relaxing... and romantic!! I think you'd completely enjoy yourselves!!

I really enjoyed your reports and SO enjoyed meeting you! If you think an "adults only" trip is good, try it sometime without kiddos OR a husband! It's truly amazing! :thumbsup:
I can only imagine... :D

ChipnDaleGal
10-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Blythe, I am so glad that you and Dan came down for all the meets and had such a wonderful time celebrating both Intercot's anniversary, your birthday, and your wedding anniversary as well. You certainly had the perfect backdrop to do all of that in. Thanks for all your reports and pictures. It was fun going through them all. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
10-24-2007, 06:03 AM
:mickey: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them!! I enjoyed meeting you! :)