PDA

View Full Version : Which ride first at MK?

brewcrew26
10-16-2007, 11:31 AM
My future DH hasn't really experienced everything that the Magic Kingdom has to offer. It happens to be my absolute FAVORITE park! I want to give him the best experience.

What ride should I take him on first?

Normally, my family goes on TTA first (something about seeing everything in Tomorrowland makes me kinda weepy). But, I'm afraid that's a little too slow. He's never been on Space Mountain.

Which ride do you think will knock his socks off (in any of the lands) and finally convince him that MK isn't just for the little kiddies? :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
10-16-2007, 11:33 AM
My vote is for the Haunted Mansion.

Rayadragon
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
We normally hit Space Mountain first, followed up by Buzz's Spaceranger Spin. Partially it's because of the crowds. Most of my family doesn't care to go on Space Mountain more than once and don't want to wait very long in order to ride. Spaceranger Spin is a pretty unique ride, and it's fun to challenge your other family members to a scoring war.

Another good alternative would be Splash Mountain. You think everythings just a normal kiddie ride and then you hit the drop... :thedolls:

Tygger7
10-16-2007, 11:58 AM
I'd start with Space Mountain, then follow it up with the Haunted Mansion. We always hit those 2 first thing...kinda tradition. :mickey:

Figgyluv03
10-16-2007, 12:11 PM
I'd say HM, Space Mountain, or BTMRR

#1donaldfan
10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
SM, BTM, around to HM, Peter Pan, Small World, Space M.....then do it again with some fillers in between....

gtpooh
10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
This is a really hard question to answer, since it kind of depends on what you think he would like to most. I'd start with something like Space Mountain where the lines can get really long and where it's an exciting start. I'm a big Splash fan, so if it were me, I'd consider going over there as well before the lines get too long! There are so many amazing things to see, you can't really go wrong. Just tell him about what are your favorites, and I'm sure you'll be able to pace the day according to what you think he'd love! :mickey:

luvdiznee
10-16-2007, 12:51 PM
The Train, but only to get to Haunted Mansion. :mickey:

mermaidmarian
10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
We always go to the back of the park first and if possible, get FP for Splash, ride Splash standby, ride BTMRR, ride Pirates, return to Splash and then head toward HM. Since I think Splash is the apex of theming and fun at MK, I definitely say go there first!

It's funny how lots of us will have very specific ways that we visit the parks, particularly, IMO, the Magic Kingdom. :mickey:

mousetrapper
10-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Our tradition is to always start in MK and always ride Small World first! I know it's not the most exciting ride (and actually for some people it's one ride they avoid at all costs!) but for us it totally sets the stage for our Disney experience.

Then I'd hit Splash, BIg Thunder, POTC, HM, Space...

SBETigg
10-16-2007, 01:53 PM
We always start with Pirates. In your case, you may consider starting with Space Mountain. But it really doesn't matter where you start, does it? There's so much to love.

PrincessASquared
10-16-2007, 04:02 PM
My vote is for Space Mountain!:number1:

LibertyTreeGal
10-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Pirates!!

LoriMistress
10-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I'd go with SpM, then BTTMR, then POTC, and HM.

dteed
10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
We do TL first, depending on lines we will do Buzz, SM or TTA first

GrmGrninGost
10-16-2007, 09:53 PM
I'd take the train to Frontierland and do Big Thunder Mtn. and Splash Mtn., then go to Haunted Mansion! :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
10-17-2007, 09:34 AM
I would say take the train around to see it all and then let him decide where he would like to start. Talk to him about each ride as you make the circle. That way he can see what it all about.
For us we go always start at Frontierland. We have done this every trip we start here. We go in order in the way of lands and do not skip around. When we go this way we seem to get to do everything, everyone wants to do.

tomorrowschild
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
It seems like we have been doing Pirates first at MK. It used to SPLASH.
When I go with my new DH it will be SPLASH. He says this is what he wants his first ride to be, in any park. (he loves the music- already a fan and hasen't even been to Disney World):mickey:

Tez
10-17-2007, 04:01 PM
For people who have not been there before I always say start with Small World first at MK so then you can see how far Disney has come with there rides!

Small World
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Splash Mountain (my favorite ride!!)
Thunder Mountain
Space Mountain

AXOAlum
10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Another vote for PIRATES! We always rode that first... until the kiddies came along. Now we hit Dumbo immediately at opening & knock it out since the lines are ridiculous.

I would say Pirates - Jungle Cruise - Splash - Big Thunder - HM and then head to TL for Buzz & Space! You can safely skip the speedway - no speed and long lines! And nothing beats Pecos Bill's for lunch :eat: :tasty:

poeticeclipse
10-18-2007, 02:31 PM
When crowds are a factor (which for the time that we go normally, it is) we hit Space Mountain first. Last time we had to go to Buzz because SM wasn't running right away.

If crowds are not a factor then I would say CoP or the railroad!

DadTriton
10-18-2007, 10:18 PM
We always go back and hit wither the classic Peter Pan or Dumbo first.:dumbo:
These ride are the orignal magic and they get busy fast.

DadTriton
10-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I need a spellchecker.:mad: