PDA

View Full Version : Fastpasses as collectibles?

gerald72
10-16-2007, 07:43 AM
I was at WDW September 15-21 and acquired fastpasses as I could get them. However, the lines were so short, fastpasses were not necessary. I wound up saving them and putting them in the scrapbook when I got home.
I have a few of BTMRR, SM (9/18) TOT (9/19) MS, Soarin (9/20) and Kilimanjaro Safari (9/17)
I thought it would be great if someone had fastpasses from other attractions, maybe on the exact days I visited and would be willing to trade. I know not all fastpass machine were operating those days.

I was wondering if anyone out there collects the fastpass tickets strickly for souvenir purposes?

Momof2boys
10-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Usually we hand our extra Fastpasses to another family we see.

But we do have some that we kept -

pixiegoose
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
For scrapbooking purposes I collect the invalid fastpasses that you can get. Once you get a fastpass for a ride, you can re-insert your ticket and get an invalid fastpass for the ride. Sometimes you have to switch to a different machine to get it to work but that way you're not wasting a fastpass and still have something to scrapbook.

Patricia
10-16-2007, 02:01 PM
I alway try to pass off any of my unused fast passes to other families. Sometimes I forget and walk out with them.

Like pixiegoose, I also use invalid passes for scrapbooking. :thumbsup:

gerald72
10-16-2007, 02:27 PM
For scrapbooking purposes I collect the invalid fastpasses that you can get. Once you get a fastpass for a ride, you can re-insert your ticket and get an invalid fastpass for the ride. Sometimes you have to switch to a different machine to get it to work but that way you're not wasting a fastpass and still have something to scrapbook.

I never realized you could get invalid fastpasses. I thought just nothing came out. Learn something new every day. Now I feel dumb for not thinking of that at the time. Are the invalid fastpasses dated?

ImagiAsh
10-16-2007, 05:59 PM
I don't collect fastpasses, per say, but I do have some that I decided not to throw away. :thumbsup: We were trying to ride Test Track several years ago, but it kept breaking down and we were finally forced to leave the ride. As we walked out talking about it, a nearby CM overheard and handed me 7 bright purple fastpass tickets for Test Track, all of which never expire. Needless-to-say, I'll be keeping them for a while. :mickey:

snifflesmcg
10-16-2007, 06:03 PM

Oh, I wish I would have known this last month. I had my last Disney vacation for awhile and just started scrapbooking. This would have been a terrific idea.

AXOAlum
10-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I have made some cute "pockets" in my albums and stick the FP's out of them. I don't try to take home unused FP's, but usually when we try to use them and realize standby is faster (especially at the end of the day), I just keep them for the albums. :mickey:

amorillo
10-18-2007, 11:23 AM
This past March, I collected fastpasses for all the rides I couldn't go on... and took a great picture of me showing off my growing belly in WDW! :babyroll: My scrapbook page was titled...

:D The rides Jennie & I couldn't go on! :D

I also bought an autograph book that I got signatures in for her... then while I was waiting for the family, when they were on those rides, I would write a little note to the baby... where we were, what ride they were on, & what I was thinking at the time!

JPL
10-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I have a stack of FPs from Test Track one for each time I got a FP and the ride broke down before my FP time :mad: It is quite a collection ;)

DadTriton
10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
DM does not like the coasters. So I use her ticket for an extra fastpass and keep it for the scrapbook.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-19-2007, 10:36 AM
During our last trip, we had a couple of rides where we didn't end up using our Fast Passes, either the stand-by line or the CM didn't take them from us!

I've used them for scrapbooking as well, they add a nice touch to the pages...I didn't know about the invalid ones though, interesting idea :thumbsup:

kakn7294
10-19-2007, 11:19 AM
The only unused FP I have are from a trip in 2003 when we got FP for Splash but a nasty storm came up and the ride was closed - for the rest of the day. We never did get to ride because it was our last day in the World. I try to give any unused ones away. I don't purposefully collect them for scrapbooking purposes as I feel it wouldn't be right for us to get a FP and then not use it.