PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Dilemma

Fozzy Beer
10-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Hiya Folks,

So it looks like I will be heading down to the World this year for what will now be my third annual December trip.(No one does Christmas like Disney)

Anyway so we'll be driving down from Philly and intend to get there after 8 pm maybe closer to 10 on Saturday the 1st. Now I have no problems staying on-site that night, BUT I wanted the dining plan. I know you have to get the dining plan the length of the stay, is there a way around this if we check in after a certain time. My only other option is to stay off-site that first night, any help would be greatly appreciated!:beer:

Twinsowner
10-16-2007, 02:51 AM
I would just buy the plan and use the extra TS for one of the signature resturaunts!!!

Seasonscraps
10-16-2007, 06:53 AM
I think the only way around it would be to reserve the first night as room only and have the package reservation begin on Sunday.

Dznygrl79
10-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Okay this is tricky but it can be done!
First make a seperate ressie for the first night.
than start your package on the second night.
But be warned you will probably be moved and have to recheck in the next day. Its worth it to me we have driven from Delaware before (howdy neighbor!) and like to get up and start fresh at a park the next morning. So what we have done is pack a small overnight leave all the rest of the lugage in the car. Get up early and "check out" then do an early "check in" leaving all of our luggage with bell services and head to the park.
We always stay at a value resort and haven't had a problem doing this. Have a great trip!

vamaggie
10-16-2007, 09:44 AM
The Dining plan gives you meals based on the number of nights you stay but you do not have to use them each day. As was suggested, you could use the extra TS credit for a signature dining meal, use it as an extra TS one day (like using one for a character bf then another for a TS dinner) or you could use it for a nice lunch or dinner on the day you check out. The dining plan credits are good til midnight on the day you check out so if you don't use it on the first day, you could use it on the last if you want.

buzz638
10-16-2007, 11:53 AM
If you decide to go with 2 reservation, here's what happen to us just a few weeks ago on our last trip.
We had the first part of our reservation for 1 night on the 29th of september. And the second part from sept 30th to oct.7th. The special rates for room only started the 30th. I sent a fax to the All star and explain the situation that we would like to stay in the same room. Explain again upon check-in to the lovely CM and was able to keep the same room the next morning.
Of course i had to go phisicaly check-out and check-in again, and it took only a few minutes.
So if you decide to go with 2 reservation,just ask, i am sure they will be able to help you...:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-16-2007, 12:09 PM
I would enjoy the extra food, and take in a 2-TS dinner (or dinner show).

It isn't hard to "spend" the extra CS meal...just have breakfast one day!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
We actually like this scenario. If we get there early evening or late afternoon, and if we are on the dining plan, we often do not use the 1TS for the first day, instead maybe using a counter service for dinner.

As noted, by doing this it now allows for you to have at least one signature restaraunt (2 TS) on another night, which we have done at Artist Point, Yachtsman and HBD.

It's a nice dilema to have.

Fozzy Beer
10-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Thanks for all the responses, every one of them was helpful. Leaning towards doing the dual reservation, but I have until Friday to think about it.

KBarletta: Howdy neighbor! So just how bad is the ride?

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Jeri Lynn
10-17-2007, 06:07 AM
We recently stayed at the Beach Club and we had decided to leave one day earlier than our original plans so our MJ agent added on one day, seperate from our "package". She noted to WDW that it was a "continuing" reservation.

When we checked in I let the CM know that we had a "continuing" reservation.

We did not have to check in a second time and we did not have to change rooms.

kim1st
10-17-2007, 10:04 PM
On our last trip, we arrived late on our first day but kept the dining plan. It was only 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per person, so we were easily able to use it on food that we would have paid for out of pocket anyway before the end of the trip.

garymacd
10-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Stay off-site for the first night. Somewhere near the main gate to DTD. It will be cheaper. We did this just last month. We arrived early enough and used the Planet Hollywood coupon for dinner that first night. Not the greatest food in the world, but certainly tastey and plenty of it. It was great looking at all the memorabilia.

Next day, early, check into your resort and away you go. You have the full day to enjoy.

Just another option.